Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all

I was looking for a 200 pounds and under posts, but couldn't find it. Are there any of you out there under 200 pounds who had the surgery and loosing the weight. My frame is 5'3”and I was 202 at the start of the program, did the LSD, and lost about 15 pounds. Had the surgery on 10-30-17 and at about 181.1 pounds. I know I don't have as much weight to loose as others, but it's still hard for us that are at 200 pounds. So anyone want to talk, would love to hear from you. :)

On the day of my surgery I was at 211lbs. My goal was to get off my meds for diabetes, blood pressure, cholesterol and heart burn. Today, nine weeks out I'm down to 178lbs (33lbs). I'm off all of my meds except for the cholesterol meds. I'm hoping that my next blood test will show a substantial improvement and I'll be off those as well. I wasn't looking for the weight loss others had, I wanted enough of a weight loss to be healthy without medications. I'm also losing weight slowly because I'm 60 and I found out through the forums us seniors lose the weight more slowly.

Hi, I too am 5’3” at 226 lbs. Meeting with doctor next month and then surgery will be scheduled. Have gone through the 6 month process. I am doing it because of health reasons as well. My blood pressure has been high. Have severe sleep apnea and high glucose levels. Also have RA and the extra weight gives me horrible muscle pain. 😞 Really looking forward to feeling healthy, and yet trrrified.

34 minutes ago, Danny Paul said:

On the day of my surgery I was at 211lbs. My goal was to get off my meds for diabetes, blood pressure, cholesterol and heart burn. Today, nine weeks out I'm down to 178lbs (33lbs). I'm off all of my meds except for the cholesterol meds. I'm hoping that my next blood test will show a substantial improvement and I'll be off those as well. I wasn't looking for the weight loss others had, I wanted enough of a weight loss to be healthy without medications. I'm also losing weight slowly because I'm 60 and I found out through the forums us seniors lose the weight more slowly.

OH that's awesome :) You are doing good I think. My main core morbidity was sleep Apnea and having that helped me get on the list for the surgery. I'm off that now, which is good. And yes, we don't have as much to loose either. I want to be healthy, not having to take a break on the landing of our steps to get to the bedrooms. My biggest thing, I want the weight off to be able to wear my wedding bands. Glad you have been able to get off your medication and hoping that your next visit shows some good results also :) keep us informed.

15 minutes ago, MG1958 said:

Hi, I too am 5’3” at 226 lbs. Meeting with doctor next month and then surgery will be scheduled. Have gone through the 6 month process. I am doing it because of health reasons as well. My blood pressure has been high. Have severe sleep apnea and high glucose levels. Also have RA and the extra weight gives me horrible muscle pain. 😞 Really looking forward to feeling healthy, and yet trrrified.

Oh great. Yes, the amount of the extra weight that is put on our bodies is crazy. I didn't. Think that an extra 20 pounds would make my knees and ankles hurt so much. I hope good news for when you go in to the doctor and that you get your surgery date soon. Please keep me informed. It's a rough journey, but I wish I had did it years ago. You got this. :)

Thank you!! You are doing great!! Keep up the good work. I’m told it’s a journey and all the research also states that. Ready to take it. 🙏🏽 I must admit it makes me nervous when I read stuff like women losing their hair after surgery 😳 Again, Thank you for the support.

2 hours ago, MG1958 said:

Thank you!! You are doing great!! Keep up the good work. I’m told it’s a journey and all the research also states that. Ready to take it. 🙏🏽 I must admit it makes me nervous when I read stuff like women losing their hair after surgery 😳 Again, Thank you for the support.

My hair I don't see that bothered about. I've been shaved, long extensions, and everything in between, even wigs, LOL. The other thing that hasn't happened is that my cycle didn't start. I heard so many comments that once the surgery was done, bam, their cycle started like immediately. So I crammed a bunch of pads in my overnight case, but haven't had to use them. You got this too!!!

Hi there! I was 206 lbs day of surgery, and 220 two weeks prior to that. I'm about 3 1/2 weeks post op and weigh 189.2. Sometimes I get a little discouraged that I'm not losing weight fast like most people do, but I have to remember that I was at a different starting point than others. But still, it seems that I am enduring my first stall and I can't help but feel a little down. I just ordered myself a new outfit so I'm hoping that it perks me up! lol

23 hours ago, Danny Paul said:

Hi Danny Paul:

I am 58 and scheduled for surgery on 11/20/17. Very nervous as I am doing it to get a handle on my type II diabetes and co-morbidities. I too am not looking for significant weight loss, however am looking to build lean muscle. Any suggestions to help with the nervousness?

It's normal to be nervous, you're going for surgery. Listen to what the doctors and staff tell you and you'll do fine. I didn't find this forum until after my surgery. You're a step ahead by coming on prior to surgery.

On 11/5/2017 at 11:20 AM, Meguone said:

Hi all

I was looking for a 200 pounds and under posts, but couldn't find it. Are there any of you out there under 200 pounds who had the surgery and loosing the weight. My frame is 5'3”and I was 202 at the start of the program, did the LSD, and lost about 15 pounds. Had the surgery on 10-30-17 and at about 181.1 pounds. I know I don't have as much weight to loose as others, but it's still hard for us that are at 200 pounds. So anyone want to talk, would love to hear from you. :)

Hi we have similar stats, I am 5'2" and 180 (hoping to be down a few more by surgery date of 11.17.17), anxious to follow your progress.

Oh awesome. Well with the two week pre-op diet, the surgery and this last seven days of Clear Liquids, I’m down about 22lbs. It might be more, our scales are old and not giving good reading. So the morning of surgery on the 30th, I got up a sn our scale said 190. Got to hospital with shoes on and it said 186, so that was a nice surprise.

My high weight was 195, and on the day of surgery I was 180 and 5'2". I had high BP, cholesterol, and pre diabetes. Now, almost 3 months later, I'm at 151, and my goal is around 130. It's definitely been a slow process, but worth it. I was able to stop BP meds and cholesterol by my 6 week follow up. Recovery was easier than expected and I have gone from wearing xl shirts to medium.

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm 5'4" was 205 day of surgery 11.1.16. My HW was 215 just had 1yr checkup & now at 148. My sleep apnea is gone & blood pressure is great. Would like to get into 130's but really happy with my progress

Sent from my VS990 using BariatricPal mobile app

My highest weight was 215 and I am 5'5. By the time that I went to the surgeon I had dropped to 211 mostly due to a new med that's I had been put on for depression. I was not required to do a liquid diet and on the day of surgery I was 208. I am in week 3 post op and am 191.

I have high blood pressure, my lipid panel is alarming and major back issues (sciatica, scoliosis and degenerative arthritis). The lower back pain that resulted was excruciating (had to roll out of bed every morning). Since the 21 pound weight loss from my high weight I am AMAZED at how much better I feel. Truly blessed to have a realistic way of losing this weight. I may be losing slow but I am keeping my eyes on the non scale victories and the gains in my health.