Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded on the 15th..and I'm in SO much PAIN

ok you guys i had surgery on the 10th im 8 days out and have had a blood transfusion and 2 liters of Fluid added to my body since then this is a major surgery everyone heals at a different rate i would say if your not feeling pretty good after a week go back in i never dreamt i would be getting 2 liters of blood 6 days after surgery your body will tell you how your feeling if you are still really week go in i was severely dehydrated and miserable i feel a little better today and i think i am going back to work this next monday i intended after a week but didnt happen no way i do have to say port pain and chest pains went away around day 4 or so if it wasnt for the low blood pressure lack of blood and fluid i would feel great incision wise and port pain wise good luck to all!

I had the same. I went back to work after 7 days, but could have waited about 2 more days. You will start to feel better day by day until one day you all of a sudden feel 100 % again. That happened for me at about week 3. Just take it easy, you just had surgery and try to walk and drink your fluids.

My back was killing me bc I was sitting in the same position. when i reconfigured my setup, I was not in pain anymore. I used a couple pillows to help me out.

I didn't sneeze or cough until 3 weeks po. I held it in bc it hurt sooo bad. This was especially hard for me since I have bad allergies and sneeze everyday!

You will be fine, it takes time. Good luck!

<p>Hi, I haven't gotten a date as of yet - I still have a month to go with my doctor, my journal and the insurance company. However, I never thought it was a lot of pain. Where did the staples comes from? I'm getting a little scared right now. Even though I've had numerous surgeries and a baby, you guys really got me worried.

]I just want to find the old me - in side of me.[/[/color]QUOTE]</p>

ZELE,

Please please please read as much as you can to prepare yourself. I feel like one of the lucky ones. The day of surgery I was back online posting, and I havent had as much pain as these guys have. EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT!! Just go into this knowing all of the possibilities of pain or complications. You wouldnt be doing yourself any favors by covering up the things that are possible. Just keep reading on the site and you will see that so many people have completely different experiences. Also, if you have questions ASK that is what we are all here for. I dont think I would have handled all of this so well without this site and the people gathering together for help and to help others. Good luck with your journey!

<p>Hi, I haven't gotten a date as of yet - I still have a month to go with my doctor, my journal and the insurance company. However, I never thought it was a lot of pain. Where did the staples comes from? I'm getting a little scared right now. Even though I've had numerous surgeries and a baby, you guys really got me worried.
]I just want to find the old me - in side of me.[/[/color]QUOTE]</p>

Great advice Melissa. I did get really scared a few days before my surgery from some (what I call ) horror stories I read on here. I told myself - don't read any more now - unless you really want to think about backing out. I continued to read but only encouraging stories. I guess I'm still like that. I'll take the good with the bad, but I don't want to sit and worry about every single complication that might arise. I want to focus on healing and soon on getting thinner and healthier!

Glad to hear you're still doing well Melissa. I am too - but worried about Water and Protein. Geez - I never had to **think** this much about food before. Are you having any 'gurgles'... like when you drink something it takes a while to actually get down ?

Judy

I was banded on 10/11. I had done so much research online and figured that recovery would be a breeze, from what others have gone through. LEMME TELL YOU SOMETHING! For me, that was so not the case. The first 3-4 days I was in so much pain, it hurt to cough, laugh, cry, basically live...lol....I remember thinking...what did i do to myself.:)..why couldn't i just do it on my own, am i absolutely crazy! I'm not sure this is worth it :phanvan

I was going to be going back to work on Monday, but postponed it till Wednesday. I needed those extra days and it helped. Now im about 8 days out and I am starting to feel better. Just a lot of itchyness and pain at the port site. Its getting better every day. So even when I got on this board with all the pain i was in just to see how others faired out...you really have to believe that each day does get better. I no longer feel nauseous (that was rough) I can sit and stand up a little bit faster than yesterday...going to tinkle on the toilet no longer requires me to grunt cause of the pain of sitting down and I can actually walk around pretty good now.

Now its a matter of time to see how it all works out. Now that I went through this surgery...i was thinking..if i ever need plastic surgery...i doubt if i wanna do it! But time is what will heal :bounce: and keep me moving forward.

Good luck...just sleep as much as you can...and take those extra days off!

I had my surgery on Monday, Oct. 15th, and am VERY grateful I haven't had the gas pains. My right side, where my port is, is still somewhat painful, but I'm just taking Tylenol liquid for it and it is working for me. I walked a lot before the surgery - was up to an hour a day, 3.25 miles - and I think maybe that helped. I also was up walking the night of my surgery and walked a lot the next day while at the hospital. I've been tired, but can't say I'm hurting all that much. I'm so sorry some of ya'll are having a rough time of it. Hang in there!

I was banded on 01/11 and my port site does not hurt but the gas pain is crippling my shoulder hurts so bad. Gas X does not work because the gas is in your body cavity not intestines so moving and walking will help your body absorb it. (that is what the doc said) Im dizzy!

Yeah..the day after surgery, the day of surgery, and every day since, I have been walking like crazy. I tried the Gasx strips and they dont work for me. I also asked my doc about them and he said basically what you said...that its not that type of gas. But yeah it still does hurt. You just have to bear it. :nervous

I was banded 10/17 and it hurt..I have had 2 csections, gall bladdr removal and breast inplants with mod tt...this hurt..but this being day 2 I am doing ok..I am getting up a lot and walking, taking my pain meds and even cooked for our huge halloween bash tommorow ntie! I am not holding my baby and not lifitng anyhting, but I am using a heating pad when I lay down and that really really helps.. I am better then surgery day when I did ask myslef what did I jsut do!! Everyone is differnt..it will hurt it was surgery! Hope everyoen feels better soon..oo and the gas pain in my shoulder it helped when my husband massged it and the heating pad on it as well.

Hi Everyone,

I was just banded on the 17 of Oct, spent the night and came home the next day. My stomach is very sore, but each day it gets better and better. They told me no heavy lifting for 6 weeks. The only real problem I am have is going to the bathroom, #2. Any suggestions. Also I have some gas which I need to get rid of.

Eileen

Hey everyone!

I was banded on the 15th, and I'm still feeling so much pain, especially in my port site! I can't laugh, cough and barely sit up without feeling immense pain...and don't even get me started on my back pain! I've been taking my pain killers as directed...but is there anything else I can do? I am supposed to go back to work on Monday, but I don't know if I will be able to. Anybody else experience similar pains?

Hello. I was just banded on 10/18/07 in Langhorne, PA .by Dr. Boe. I actually feel pretty good other than my port site. I too have a great deal of pain there. It hurts to move .My doctor says its because its it's the largest incision. Your back pain is probably the carbon dioxide they used during your surgery. That is very painful. They made me get up only hours after my surgery to walk, then I had to walk every two hours, cough, and do breathing exercises as well. They say walking is the only way to expel the gas. I also found that sipping on small icechips helped. It also aids in reducing swelling at the surgical banding site. Hopefully this info will help. I'm supposed to go to work on Tuesday. We will see.

Try walking, it helped me.

I was banded on Wednesday and back to work on Monday I was fine just a little tired. But remember each day it gets better. Best of luck to everyone!!!