Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not eating enough???????

Went to my primary care dr yesterday and he was amazed at my results. I was real happy till he returned with a needle full of B-12. WOW, what a shot. To top it off, I had to drive all the way home and the shot wasnt in my arm.....LOL

Then he added more meds to my already long list......Folic acid, B-12, and potassium chloride. I joked with him saying the reason to go thru the surgery was to get off the meds, not to take more. He reassured me that this was temporary until I start eating more regularly. I did tell him I do Protein shakes 2 times per day, but anything else I have to force myself to eat.

Anyone else going thru this ????????

Went to my primary care dr yesterday and he was amazed at my results. I was real happy till he returned with a needle full of B-12. WOW, what a shot. To top it off, I had to drive all the way home and the shot wasnt in my arm.....LOL

Then he added more meds to my already long list......Folic acid, B-12, and potassium chloride. I joked with him saying the reason to go thru the surgery was to get off the meds, not to take more. He reassured me that this was temporary until I start eating more regularly. I did tell him I do Protein shakes 2 times per day, but anything else I have to force myself to eat.

Anyone else going thru this ????????

Did he do labs to check all these levels before giving you this shot and list of supplements? Have you been complaining of increased tiredness and fatigue?

I am taking a Centrum chewable Multi-Vitamin daily. He said I need to try to maintain around 1000-1200 calories per day, but my journal shows I am around 800. The shot did give me more energy later in the day when I got it. I think maybe he was being careful and trying to keep me from being tired/lack of energy. I do a lot of walking, weight training 4 times per week ( not heavy weights though) and some stationary bike riding.

I think that with the new energy I have since surgery that I am doing so much more that my body hasnt had time to adjust, but I am no doctor..LOL

I will try adding another Protein shake and see if that helps. Thanks for the replies....Dave

800-900 calories (65-75 grams of protein) has been about my daily average too.

My doctor hasn't brought up any supplements. (I wonder if I should ask?)

My nutritionist says I should be eating about 1,000 calories per day but I've been satisfied with a little less and loosing really well.

Are you physically not able to eat "real" food? Why are you still drinking 2 Protein shakes a day? Don't they want you to get away from liquids? I kind of got the impression my doc didn’t question my calories because they were happy with how balanced my diet has been. (fruits, veggies, Protein, grains, etc) I think the only thing I need to work on is getting more Fiber.

Are you physically not able to eat "real" food? Why are you still drinking 2 Protein shakes a day? Don't they want you to get away from liquids? I kind of got the impression my doc didn’t question my calories because they were happy with how balanced my diet has been. (fruits, veggies, Protein, grains, etc) I think the only thing I need to work on is getting more Fiber.< /span>

I am able to eat just about anything, but after a few bites, I feel like I dont want any more. Not a full feeling, but really not hungry either. The Protein Shakes are an easy way to maintain a high intake daily.

Like you, I just don't feel like eating. I cannot believe that today I totally forgot to eat lunch!

What a difference from the old me! And yes, I'm also getting 60+ grams of Protein just from my supplements, not to mention the food I do eat (eggs, tuna, beans).

I really hope I maintain this "satisfied" feeling--I never want to go back to the hunger monster I was.

Good luck to you!

I'm only 10 days post-op and I have to set timers to remind me to eat, or else I forget AND then suffer to catch up on my Protein.

My doc saw my food scheduled and only wanted me to increase my Water.

Regarding Calories, he suggested at around 1,000, saying "keep in mind, if you maintain 1,200, you'll be pushing to do more and therefore slowing your weight loss or even stopping it."

So I'm just supposed to record all of my foods with the Protein and calories and drink lots of Water. I'm going to try to stay comfortable at 800 calories.