Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have Fibromyalgia and Osteoarthritis...are there any Sleevers with these diagnoses? Has your pain and condition improved after surgery?

Its really hard to tell right now I'm 5 weeks post op. I mean with all the new pain and experience that came after surgery! However when I began to start walking I feel pain in lower back, right hip pain that has me limping knee pain and foot heal pain.. I'm still hoping that it is to soon to tell as it maybe I need more weight off, something I will discuss with my surgeon my next visit for this was my main purpose in having the sleeve. I WAS 278 LBS ORIGINALLY BEFORE SURGERY 218 and next visit I will know where I sta d at my weight but I believe I need more weight off to feel true relief!

Hi y'all. I'm praying this surgery will help with my illness! I thought I might be the only 1 on here with Fibro. Nice to meet others. I am 10 days post-op right now. My blood pressure shoot through the roof in recovery and I was kept there due to my bp and pain for 5 hours. :51_scream: I was not in true pain free mode until the 2nd day out of surgery - the 19th. I wasn't released from the hospital until the 3rd day to to be sure I had things under control. After getting home, my bp dropped so low I couldn't do anything (85/55) until dr cut bp meds in half. Couldn't believe I was doing that already! 11 days post-op, Dr happy with how I'm doing. Monday I move on to next diet stage. Looking at a wonderful scrambled egg:230_hatched_chick: for Breakfast and cottage cheese for lunch! :rolleyes:

So far I don't see any improvement.

No improvement here. I actually just got diagnosed with both recently and im a year out. I thought the pain would decrease street losing 120lbs but no such luck. My rheumatologist put me on cymbalta inner a month or 2 ago and i never started it. Has anyone taken it and know if it effected your weight?

Sent from my SM-G925T using BariatricPal mobile app

No improvement here. I actually just got diagnosed with both recently and im a year out. I thought the pain would decrease street losing 120lbs but no such luck. My rheumatologist put me on cymbalta inner a month or 2 ago and i never started it. Has anyone taken it and know if it effected your weight?

Sent from my SM-G925T using BariatricPal mobile app

Cymbalata works great for the pain, but I was already struggling with chronic fatigue and sleepiness all the time, and it just made me more tired and sleepy than I already was. If you can withstand it long enough and get through side effects, it’s great. I’m sorry to hear that surgery isn’t helping much with your pain...

I've been on Cymbalta for years. I have tried 3 times to get off of it - - just can't. I works great for my pain. I didn't really have weight gain from it. I did from other meds and issues (broken leg, chronic fatigue, chronic pain, essential tremor disease and on and on)

Hey fellow fibro people. I just started my preop diet yesterday and when I woke this morning I was sore EVERYWHERE. It's cold and wet here but I don't remember ever hurting this bad all over. Did any of you experience this? For now I'm still on all my meds that seemed to be controlling it but today...

Sent from my LG-H871 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey fellow fibro people. I just started my preop diet yesterday and when I woke this morning I was sore EVERYWHERE. It's cold and wet here but I don't remember ever hurting this bad all over. Did any of you experience this? For now I'm still on all my meds that seemed to be controlling it but today...

It could be Keto Flu, I haven’t done the sleeve yet but from what I’ve read, the Pre Op diet is low carb. As a result, Keto Flu can happen which mimics Flu like symptoms, which is also a characteristic for us Fibromyalgia sufferers ☹️

Thanks. I haven't heard of that but it's definitely how I felt. Thanks so much. How long does it last? I haven't felt that way the whole time and it was no where as bad as that day but I still sometimes feel that.

Here’s a link with some info:

https://www.tasteaholics.com/keto-diet/what-is-keto-flu-how-to-help/

Thanks. I haven't heard of that but it's definitely how I felt. Thanks so much. How long does it last? I haven't felt that way the whole time and it was no where as bad as that day but I still sometimes feel that.

Here’s a link with some info:

https://www.tasteaholics.com/keto-diet/what-is-keto-flu-how-to-help/