Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, all--

Well I'm Cellie and new here-- just two months in my pre-approval process. I have already seen a psychologist, who approved me for the surgery, and I've had my first consult visit with the surgeon.

I'm so anxious about getting approval for the surgery. I have to show five years of problematic weight history, and each year is above 40 except for one. I have comorbidities, though, so I'm hoping to get approved anyway The surgeon told me I wouldn't be formally asking for approval until 2018. I have my first appointment with the nutritionist in two weeks.

Were any of you else this nervous about approval? Anybody else have BCBS insurance? Any advice?

I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Hi I'm new here as well I'm in my first month I guess. I had my psych eval today and I'm nervous as hell about insurance approval . I have aetna my NUT consult is monday

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Welcome!!!! I'm in pre op phase also. I'm nervous as well about approval... I just wish it would get here already!

Sent from my SM-S907VL using BariatricPal mobile app

I was very nervous. I have BCBS and started this journey for the third time with a new doctor in Jan 2017. Had to first get approval on a lap band removal which was pretty quick and it was removed Feb. 2017.

Then had to jump through all the hoops, see a nut for 6 months, get a sleep study, lab work, phyc eval and then finally the day came when the doctor could submit everything. They kept coming at him asking for more documentation and they eventually denied it.

He sent an appeal and scheduled a phone appointment with them and had ALL of my patient history ready.

Less than two full weeks after the denial after the phone appointment he called me with the great news that he had been able to get it approved.

I was over the moon with surprise, joy, and excitement. I felt like someone just told me I had won the lottery and I was now a millionaire?

My surgery could have been in October but I already had a vacation planned for the last two weeks of the month to fly out of state for my youngest daughters wedding. They didn't want me dealing with any potential after surgery issues or taking 9 hour flights too soon so they scheduled me for the first available date afterwards which is Nov. 1.

Hang in there? Dreams do come true! Prayers are answered. Get a good doctor who knows how to advocate for you. My previous two accepted the denial to easily and left me sad and depressed. It was the second doctor who actually recommended my current doctor to me. Said he may better be able to help me. I've learned that some doctors only like the easy yesses.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello, all--
Well I'm Cellie and new here-- just two months in my pre-approval process. I have already seen a psychologist, who approved me for the surgery, and I've had my first consult visit with the surgeon.
I'm so anxious about getting approval for the surgery. I have to show five years of problematic weight history, and each year is above 40 except for one. I have comorbidities, though, so I'm hoping to get approved anyway The surgeon told me I wouldn't be formally asking for approval until 2018. I have my first appointment with the nutritionist in two weeks.
Were any of you else this nervous about approval? Anybody else have BCBS insurance? Any advice?
I look forward to getting to know you all better.

I am currently going through the pre- approval stage as well. I have bcbsnc my job recently added bariatric to our plan. Bcbsnc also changed the stipulations for surgery recently which benefits us. I started 9/28 I had all of my labs and test done with the exception of the psych eval. Which will be November 29; I meet with the NP on Thursday. I am nervous of the unknown

Sent from my VS990 using BariatricPal mobile app

I am in the same boat you guys! I had my band removed 7/16 and sleeve at the same time. Things have been not so great since and I’m having painful GERD since my sleeving. I had Cigna and all was approved for revision, but my husband got a new job and we now have BCBSLA and bariatric surgery is not covered under his new employer 😔. I’m working with my Dr to file an appeal and pray it is accepted!