Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Revisions of all kinds! Please share your experiences!

I was revised in January from a band to a sleeve. It’s an amazing difference. I’m down 103 from my highest and I don’t think I lost more than 30 lbs (which I gained back) with the band. It’s night and day and incredibly easier to live with!

Band to sleeve revision surgery 1/16/17
HW: 283
CW: 180
GW: 160

I had a revision back on June 16th 2017.

I went from a VGB that was done in 1994 to a RNY on 6/16/2016

I had managed to keep off all the weight of for 20 years but the last two years it just came up and out of nowhere. But that wasn’t the issue the issue was that I had severe Gerd and major pain where the filter was located at. It had weakened over the years and it was very painful when I would eat or drink anything. That made it impossible for me to keep anything down.

So my surgery was done to correct that issue. I’m now down 35 pounds and feeling [emoji817] better. No more pain thank goddess!!

Now I’m having issues getting my primary insurance to pay for the sugary as it’s a non covered procedure. My secondary has paid some but I’m now appealing the denial. I hope it gets approved, otherwise I’m stuck paying 174k, as I was in the hospital for a week. Because of the type of surgery and how invasive it was a 3 day stay was minimum but I had complications due to my blood count being so low so I had to stay a little longer.

Aka_ET

HW-220

Pre-op 194.3

RNY

SD June 16th 2017

CW-156IMG_4538.JPG

GW-140

HT 5' 3"

[emoji120][emoji878][emoji1272]

"You may see me struggle but you will never see me quit"

Glad you are better. Sorry for your insurance trouble. If you get backed against wall, sometimes hospitals/doctors will forgive some of the bill if you talk to them.

Glad you are better. Sorry for your insurance trouble. If you get backed against wall, sometimes hospitals/doctors will forgive some of the bill if you talk to them.

They do have a nonprofit organization that I can apply to. Thank you! Have a great weekend.

Aka_ET

HW-220
Pre-op 194.3
RNY
SD June 16th 2017
CW-156
GW-140
HT 5' 3"
[emoji120][emoji878][emoji1272]

"You may see me struggle but you will never see me quit"

Revisions of all kinds! Please share your experiences!

May I ask what a revision is?

A revision could be a Few things; it could be having a second WLS years after your initial procedure because you’ve gained weight back years later, it could be fixing a problem with a recent procedure or simply having another procedure because the previous did not meet your needs/ reason for the surgery in the first place.