Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric Bypass revision....did I fail?

About 4 years ago I made what I thought was going to be the best decision and had gastric bypass surgery. Everything went great! At the time I was about 260 and within the first year lost close to 90 pounds. I was feeling healthy, fit and excited about life.

Slowly over the next couple years life got back in the way. I fell back into old habits, I was snacking all the time, eating things I shouldn't and before I knew it I was back to 220. I felt like a failure. I was given this opportunity to get healthy and blew it. I wasn't feeling full easily and was back on the diet yo-yo that I had done for most of my adult life.

Last week I had an endoscopic gastric revision. They were able to add a few stitches to shrink my pouch and the opening from my stomach to intestine so that I feel full longer. I feel great again. Today I started eating some soft food, in small amounts and am down 15 pounds. I've been given a second chance but am still so worried that those old habits will come back. Now is the easy stage where you don't feel hungry and are so limited on what you can eat, but what do I do when I'm fully recovered. How do you keep the weight off? How do you stay motivated knowing there are certain things you should just really never eat again? Any advice on truly changing lifestyles is greatly appropriated!!

There are two phases to gastric bypass surgery, the weight loss phase and the maintenance phase. I am over 4 years post op RNY gastric bypass surgery. This describes my approach to the maintenance phase. http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/Surgery2.pdf

I'm 6 weeks Post RNY... I'm scared to death, that I'm going to fail. I have only lost 37 lbs. I am walking 5 to 10 miles a day on a treadmill I no longer have diabetes , high bood pressure or acid reflux. I am happy about that. I feel out of control when it comes to food!

i comand your effort for not giving up. At the end of the day your just hitting the reset!

Good luck!

On 10/6/2017 at 0:24 AM, Precious517 said:

Thanks for sharing! Do you mind sharing your chili recipe and any other recipes you have??

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

They are at the end of the following article. http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/Surgery.pdf