Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello....newbie from aus

Hello all

im so pleased to have found this site

had my banding done 21 days ago

be so good to read and chat to others

im in sydney aus

starting weight was 125kg

only 5'1"

severe mobilty problems with chronic pain in hip, knee and ankle

im so hoping some weight loss will improve this situation

have been pretty house bound this past 12 months

look forward to meeting you all

Leeanne

Hi Leeanne,

Welcome to the lapbanders. We'll pretty much be doing this together. Interesting to see what ups and I hope not too many downs we go through.

hi hun

yes be good to see how we compare notes....im just so looking forward to stopping the ruddy Soups and starting some mushie stuff.....another 7 days and im counting them....hehehehe

my doc says 4 weeks of soups....groan....

have you had much discomfort with it all elle...it kinda took it out of me and it was 2 weeks before i felt ok again re pain....

and now im much better still very very tender....

are you sick of Soups too?...:Banane35:

I posted on the other thread about food. But in a nutshell (don't get upset) but I was off Soup on day 3! The first few days I felt a stabbing pain in my chest when I drank anything including Water. It was so hot and I couldn't drink. I went for my follow up on 5th and told the DR. He said it's either just tender and will go soon or it's heartburn. It went a couple of days later. No pain since.

I was a bit sore but ok in general. Since I was up in sunny Queensland with DH and 3 kids we went out every day. No time to sit down and rest. I just wasn't allowed to swim in case of infection. Also not allowed to pick up baby till now.

Saw my friend yesterday whose husband had it done a month before me. She couldn't believe how well I had bounced back. Her DH is still ill. Not having a good time at all.

My only issue is that I don't feel restricted at all. Will wait till my fill and see how I feel after that!

Botht the dietitian and Dr said you can make your own Soups, so if you hate the packet ones make a couple of big batches, it helps when it tastes alright. My favorite is pumpkin and chicken Soup. Really good filler and tastes great.

yes i have been cooking a heaps of vegies with lots of pumpkin and adding this to a packet of cuppa Soup so have been able to get quite a few different flavours which does help

also have an occasional paddle pop, and bit of custard or ice cream..i cant say im hungry just have the empty feeling....

sorry your friends hubby still isnt feeling to good i can empathise...hehehe....but im pretty good now.....just some burning around the port area if i bend or pick things up...but nothing terrible

be good when this first fill is done....

well i reckon we are doing damm good....and we will look at this in a few months and think....wow.....

night hun

Leeanne

That's what I'm hoping for. that wow it worked. I'm sure it will most diets do if you stick to them. It's the after that I'm most worried about. Will I be able to keep it off this time!!!

Welcome Leeanne,

I'm new too. I don't have a lapband yet - I'm still researching and am so glad to have found this site!

Hello all

im so pleased to have found this site

had my banding done 21 days ago

be so good to read and chat to others

im in sydney aus

starting weight was 125kg

only 5'1"

severe mobilty problems with chronic pain in hip, knee and ankle

im so hoping some weight loss will improve this situation

have been pretty house bound this past 12 months

look forward to meeting you all

Leeanne

Hi Leeanne,

I'm another Sydneysider. I'm not banded yet -Bday is 03/12/07 so not too long to go. Where were you banded? 4 weeks on liquids, my doctor only said 2 and then mushies.

Hope to hear from you.

Danna

Hi hun

i was done on sept25th...it seems the majority only do 2 weeks of fluids but my doc insists on 4 weeks....so its another bowl for dinner tonight...hehehehe

I actually went back to tassie to have mine done as im from there so i guess my doc is a bit conservative

but only a few more days and i am so looking forward to a bowl of vegies:)

not long till you have your done and the time will just fly

it seemed to me i no sooner joined a health fund and the time was upon me.

hugs Leeanne