Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do I need a fill? Everyone's opinion welcomed!!

help.gifI had my first fill about a month ago (1.9cc in a 4cc band) and was tight for about a week. Then the tightness wore off and I could eat and still can eat about a cup of food. Weight and inches are SLOWLY comming off and I do get stuck if I eat to fast, but I should only be able to eat about 1/4 a cup, right???? I made an appointment for a fill for this Saturday but I am struggling with indecision! I know it probably won't be a big fill and I am trying to justify if I should pay the money or wait it out? OH what to do, what to do? I then justify the fill saying to myself, "just maybe .10cc more will put me at that sweet spot." Oh I don't know?!?

user_online.gifreport.gif

Uh, well I think that 1/4 cup is CRAZY! My Dr tells me that as long as I am eating now more than 1 cup I am good. 1/4 cup is not enough to sustain life...I think it is nuts, sorry!

First look at:

1. Water intake, are you getting 64 ozs at the right times of day?

2. Protien are you getting enough? You will never loose without it.

3. Exercise--are you doing it like you should?

These things are the first thing you should look at when thinking of getting a fill! THe 1/4 thing scares me to death honestly!

To add to Booboo comments, are you staying full for 3 to 4 hours?

I usually eat anywhere from 1/2 to 1 cup, depending on the time of day.

I'm at 3.8 cc's in a 4 cc band.

Yes, sounds like it.

I had no restriction even at 2cc. At 2.2 I have restriction and it's been about 5 weeks and still restricted.

I am so inpired by your guys weight loss!!!!! I am creaping slowly back into onederland and can't wait to get there. I didn't hit the really restricted until my third fill and keep getting PB episodes so feel even tighter from my pouch area being irritated. It is hard to get even Water or liquids in right now as it hurts as soon as it hits my pouch. I am trying to let it heal by having mainly liquids right now. I swear the band has a mind of its own as one day you can have something just fine if you are good and eat it very slow. The next day it won't go down and you have to throw it out. It is a gamble but a learning process every day. Good luck to you guys that have lost 3/4 to almost all of your weight!!!!!!!!

Wow Grace in Utah, you are doing great!!! I hope to have my first fill tomorrow....we're going to try that again!....................

i'm really suprised that i had no restriction at all at 2cc. doc. put me at 3 cc when i went for my second fill and i had to get a defill down to 2.25 (in 4cc band) and that .25 fill made such a difference! after loosing more weight will i eventually be able to handle 3cc though or will this 2.25 give me restriction for a long time now? not too sure about the fill thing? any feed back about these fills would be greatly appreciated?

The test I always do/did for myself is to track my calories for a few days. When you're really honest and eating good food, you can tell if you need a fill.

I've been eating more than usual lately - more crap than usual that is. I've gotten lax because I hit goal weight, but truth be told I want to lose 15lb more, I need to be lighter in my weight range, I'm just of that type of build.

So I've started tracking again. I was considering one more tiny fill but I've had more than a few occasions lately where I've been stuck on things, often embarrassingly in public. I realised I'm sticking to easier foods, which tends to be junk.

Started tracking, eating good stuff - chicken, brown rice and stir fry veges for dinner, a tuna salad thing for lunch, eggs and fruit for Breakfast - and found that I need to supplement with the dreaded Protein shake which I never drink because when I choose the RIGHT foods, I have a lot of trouble even making 1200 calories.

So for me, it smelled like I needed a fill, it looked like I needed a fill, it felt like I needed a fill but I didnt really when I was totally honest.

Your only a little way in so another fill is more than reasonable, but if you're staying full for a couple of hours, you can probably make what you have work harder for you with the right choices.

But bear in mind, it can take very little weight loss to have you needing another fill, so dont be surprised if you do need one soon.

wow, 3.8 in 4cc band! I'm trying to figure how this fill thing works. i just had my second fill and she put me from 2cc straight to 3 and i was sick as a dog and in horrible pain all night with that golf ball feeling, i couldn't swallow my own saliva. i had to go 1st thing in morn. to defill down to 2.25cc. i finally have some restriction, i'm wondering do you sort of out grow fills or something? will i eventually have to get to 3cc and not be sick from it. is just a matter of taking it slow..and also if that's the case what happens if you get to 4cc and stop feeling restriction?? i'm so clueless about this fill thing! can anyone give me some insight? :)