Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone ~

I am in the early status of planning for weight loss surgery. I have confirmed that my insurance covers bariartric surgery at 100%. YAY. However, I am at a low BMI (31) and may not qualify for the more invasion surgeries therefore I want to go the ESG procedure way. Anyone know of any Houston, TX doctors that perform this procedure? Any direction you can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I have scheduled my ESG for sept 28th and am also a low bmi (30) and didn't qualify for traditional Bariatric surgery. This procedure is covered by my insurance as well. So stocked!! I called all over the country for weeks to finally locate a facility in California that performs this new procedure. Perhaps call some of the more established hospitals that perform it and ask if anyone in TX is doing it. Johns Hopkins, UCI, mayo Clinic, etc. Good luck and keep us posted!!!

I can't believe I haven't heard of this before!! What do you think happens to the remaining stomach, verses a more traditional surgical removal? I would love to hear from anyone who has had this procedure.

I have an appointment at Hopkins in a few weeks, I think they perform these. I am "interviewing" two different centers in one week.

Just now, DoodleLover203 said:

I can't believe I haven't heard of this before!! What do you think happens to the remaining stomach, verses a more traditional surgical removal? I would love to hear from anyone who has had this procedure.

I have an appointment at Hopkins in a few weeks, I think they perform these. I am "interviewing" two different centers in one week.

Hopkins does this, that is where I would go. Hershey also does it but their self pay would be too high. It is a new procedure and your stomach is sewn like an accordion from the inside. There are youtube videos and information on their website

On 8/20/2017 at 9:28 PM, Belle3endosleeve said:

I have scheduled my ESG for sept 28th and am also a low bmi (30) and didn't qualify for traditional Bariatric surgery. This procedure is covered by my insurance as well. So stocked!! I called all over the country for weeks to finally locate a facility in California that performs this new procedure. Perhaps call some of the more established hospitals that perform it and ask if anyone in TX is doing it. Johns Hopkins, UCI, mayo Clinic, etc. Good luck and keep us posted!!!

How much is your self pay procedure at UCI? They wouldn't tell me without going in for an appointment.

How much is your self pay procedure at UCI? They wouldn't tell me without going in for an appointment.

My insurance covers 80%. I'm sure they can't tell you over the phone you'd have to go in, see if you qualify, get a procedure date then they'll check your insurance for you to see how much it covers. Hope that helps! What's your BMI?