Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It started about 3 weeks out. Eating makes me nauseated, especially meat. Everything I've eaten thus far sits fine, but actually eating it is the problem. Nothing smells good, texture makes me gag, and thinking about eating makes me sick. The only thing that I can think about is bread and nuts. Is this normal? All the foods I would enjoy I can't because I get so nauseated. Like I said everything sits fine when it finally goes down but I really just force it down. I'm on nausea pills but nothing has changed. Anyone else dealt with this? (And no I haven't had bread )

I was having issues with that for a bit after surgery. I just didn't want to eat and even thinking about taking my pills in the morning made my stomach queasy. I just stick with food that had little taste such as vanilla yogurt, took my zofran and changed my multi Vitamin bc that made me nauseated. Eventually I felt better. Now I haven't had any nausea but can't wait to be able to stop the omeprazole. He said 3 mos on it. I ate bc I knew I had to. I hope it goes away soon for you, but I would take the nausea med and eat something mild, I figure there was a reason they gave me like 6 bottles of liquid zofran in my prescription before surgery.

PS I was eyeing up the nuts in the grocery store but not ready yet and one day I nibbled the soft inside part of a Pizza Crust 🤣. I know it's crazy but sometimes it just takes a little taste to make you feel better after eating only Protein for days on end.

I was having issues with that for a bit after surgery. I just didn't want to eat and even thinking about taking my pills in the morning made my stomach queasy. I just stick with food that had little taste such as vanilla yogurt, took my zofran and changed my multi Vitamin bc that made me nauseated. Eventually I felt better. Now I haven't had any nausea but can't wait to be able to stop the omeprazole. He said 3 mos on it. I ate bc I knew I had to. I hope it goes away soon for you, but I would take the nausea med and eat something mild, I figure there was a reason they gave me like 6 bottles of liquid zofran in my prescription before surgery.

Surprisingly they didn't give me zofran, which I asked for in the ER. The doctor didn't give me any nausea medicine pre or post op scripts. Only during my hospital stay. During my ER visit I was given ondansetron, hasn't helped much. I'm 5 weeks post op btw

Oh wow. I'm just a little ahead of you. Surgery May 31. I wonder if your surgeon doesn't want to give you anything maybe you could call your primary care and ask them to call in a prescription for something for you. I took the liquid zofran every 6 to 8 hrs for the first few weeks I was home. It really helped me.