Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What would you change?

If you could change:

1) One physical (other than weight) thing about yourself, what would it be?

2) One non-physical thing about yourself (mental, situation, etc.), what would it be?

And how about the same two questions, only now applied to your partner/spouse?

For me, 1) I'm knock-kneed and I hate it, I don't wear shorts or skirts above the knee because of it. 2) I would like to be able to get out of ultra mode with some things. There are certain things I'm never satisfied with, no matter how many of my goals I meet, and I'd like to be able to just sit back and enjoy what I've accomplished sometimes, long term, without thoughts of another goal to reach coming to mind.

For my spouse, 1) Fix his eyes. He's not a good candidate for LASIK and can't wear contacts. So he has to wear glasses and he HATES wearing them. 2) Improved & sustained self esteem. He was dragged through the dirt in a few prior relationships, childhood, etc. and his self esteem still suffers from it. His issues cause severe limitations for him in just about every area of his life, and that makes me sad.

1. I would be short.. like 5'3. My whole life I wanted that.

2. I would have a lot of money to do things as I please.. and shop for whatever, whenever!

For spouse.

1. If he could JUST be an inch or two taller. I hate being slightly taller than him (1/2 inch).

2. Wish he was more open about his feelings.. he never opens up when something is bothering him, and when things are bothering me and I do open up, he doesn't know how to deal with it. He came from a very closed up family.

Me:

1) I'd have perfect teeth. Straight and pearly white.

2) I am the QUEEN of procrastination, I would get rid of that horrible personality flaw.

DH:

1) He'd no longer have horrible back/neck pain.

2) He would be more affectionate.

1) I'd be taller. I'm 5'3" now and it's a pain in the ass. Depending on the manufacturer, I'm either petite, very petite (Try finding petites that are for actual short people at Lane Bryant. Good luck - they're all 4" too long.), or in-between petite and regular-length (in which case, NOTHING fits). I'm too short to reach tall cabinets, can't see over people in a crowd or from the back of a classroom, and it's a pain in the ass to climb up into a tree to place a camera and still not be able to reach the right spot (like I had to do last summer).

2) Not sure on this one. Maybe be less self-conscious? Or more outgoing? Faith's #2 would work, too.

1) I'd would not be hearing-impaired.

2) I would have a 5.9 cummins diesel and allision transmission so I can get my business off the ground.

Lauren- I'll trade you!!!!

I bet it's easier to find petites that fit, than talls that fit!

What stores call 'tall' is about 4 inches too short for me! There's only one place I can find pants in plus size & where I can specify the length I want (alloy.com..and they are full of idiots, so I hate that I can't buy them anywhere else).

I love my pants touching the ground, so I envy your dilemma :eek:

Lauren- I'll trade you!!!!

I bet it's easier to find petites that fit, than talls that fit!

What stores call 'tall' is about 4 inches too short for me! There's only one place I can find pants in plus size & where I can specify the length I want (alloy.com..and they are full of idiots, so I hate that I can't buy them anywhere else).

I love my pants touching the ground, so I envy your dilemma :eek:

I'd take that bet! It's seriously a pain in the ass. Whenever I find pants that do fit, I have to get multiple pairs, just because I can never find them if I go back. Petites are generally a little too short (except for a few brands) and regulars are generally too long. And like I said, I don't even bother to go into Lane Bryant anymore. All their petite-length pants are literally 4" too long.

I wouldn't want to be really tall, either. I'm sure that's probably the same story.

learn to sew woman! didn't your mama teach you nothin?! Next you will be saying you don't know how to cook, clean or any of the usual womans work!

*shakes head* the girl just ain't right I tell you what...

I've never been able to wear a single pair of lane bryant's pants. Besides being short, they also have 'hips' for the plus size.. I have no hips.. just big belly! So they poofed out all weird on my hips..

But me too me too! If I find a pair of jeans that fit, I order multiple pair. Pre-op I had this one set of bell bottom jeans I loved, had 5 pair of them!! Around July they stopped fitting, and I went into panic mode, I wore those almost every single day.. now what?! But luckily I can now fit into some old old jeans (the nsv jeans on the b&a page)..and I ordered some new pants from alloy.com a few weeks ago and they fit great, and before I could order a new pair.. they sent me another pair! They have a lot of errors at their place, sometimes in my favor.

My 'dream' height was always 5'3, and my friends would say 'can you imagine how fat you'd be if you weighed what you did at 5'3?'. So I'm suppose to be thankful, heh.

I've never been able to wear a single pair of lane bryant's pants. Besides being short, they also have 'hips' for the plus size.. I have no hips.. just big belly! So they poofed out all weird on my hips..

But me too me too! If I find a pair of jeans that fit, I order multiple pair. Pre-op I had this one set of bell bottom jeans I loved, had 5 pair of them!! Around July they stopped fitting, and I went into panic mode, I wore those almost every single day.. now what?! But luckily I can now fit into some old old jeans (the nsv jeans on the b&a page)..and I ordered some new pants from alloy.com a few weeks ago and they fit great, and before I could order a new pair.. they sent me another pair! They have a lot of errors at their place, sometimes in my favor.

My 'dream' height was always 5'3, and my friends would say 'can you imagine how fat you'd be if you weighed what you did at 5'3?'. So I'm suppose to be thankful, heh.

That's another reason why I don't go in Lane Bryant! :biggrin1: I carry my fat more on my belly than on my rear or hips, so if I found some of their pants that would go around my belly, the ass and hips could fit another person in there.

You guys know that I'm not one to condone Lane Bryant but I will say that their new line of denim (comes in three body types) is a nice change.

They still don't fit me well. It seems like I'm just taking a good fit for one body part and trading it for a good fit somewhere else. E.g. they fit my hips nicely (normally to fit my hips, I have to go with a gaping waist), but I get crotch wrinkles. How much FUPA do these designers think we're cursed with??? How much freaking fabric does anyone really need down there?

LOL! Thats why I love the jeans at Alloy. I don't know who they have in mind for their clothes, but there's no 'bulges' anywhere.. they all fit to me perfectly <3 It's Truck, Piper, and Paris Blues jeans. Paris Blues has a website, but they only had 1 pair of plus size jeans advertised and they looked really weird.. I don't know why they don't have the ones Alloy sells.. and Truck or Piper I can't find anywhere. Even when I google the brand it just pulls up Alloy.

I didn't put it on my list, but sometimes I would like to be shorter. Or live a day in a world designed for people who are taller than average. Just like with being shorter than average, there are things you have to deal with that no one really thinks about unless they're also dealing with it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not giantly huge, I border 5'11. DH is about 6'4, so he has it worse. Here are some of the things we have to deal with:

• Countertops are designed for people who are roughly 5'8. When you're taller than this, you have to hunch over farther. Ow my back!
  • Buffet sneeze guards are designed for people shorter than 5'7, on average (factoring in children). If I go to a buffet with a sneeze guard (umm, pre-op obviously!), I have to bend sideways and stoop to reach anything under them, OR leave a forehead print on the glass.
  • Most cars do not have the option to raise or lower your seat, just change the front/back position, and sometimes the pitch. My husband now drives a truck so this isn't so much of an issue, but when he drives a regular car, he has to recline the seat way back to keep from having his head press into the top of the car.

I submitted before I meant to, and don't want to edit all that, so just add to my list the difficulty in finding pants (which is how I got to this post from the jeans talk). I can go "average" and look like I'm gonna go dig for clams, or I can go "tall" and have the bottoms of my cuffs drag on the ground, a l'emo.

Usually I go with the talls and wear heels, but sometimes I would like to wear flats without having dirty pant legs. Or looking foolish.

I've found ONE pair of pants that have the perfect length for me, and I bought it in the next 3 sizes down, went back to get second pairs, and they were no where to be found (got them at Gordman's, so you never know what the inventory will be like from day to day).

If you could change:

1) One physical (other than weight) thing about yourself, what would it be?

I want smooth, freckle free, gloriously golden brown PERFECT skin! Beautiful skin would be a fabulous thing to have, not that I have bad or really awful skin but I'm just your average freckled caucasian.

2) One non-physical thing about yourself (mental, situation, etc.), what would it be?

I want lots of money! I want to be more comfortable than we are so that we can have the home and lifestyle we want. We're about 10% short of it. I really should be more grateful for what I have, but yeah, I want lots of money.

And how about the same two questions, only now applied to your partner/spouse

I'd wish for Doug to be of normal weight too. Not because I find him unattractive but because I want him to live as long as I do.

And I'd wish that he wasnt so darned anxious, pessimistic, depressed, negative, jealous all the time. He really has a down side to his personality, can never see the bright side of anything.