Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

:wink2: Hi Everyone,

I have a friend at church who has had the lap Band and her band slipped. I still know that this is a good thing for me to do and God has let everything fall into place. My insurance is going to pay 80% Plus the insurance company allowed me to change my plan in mid stream to the Dr. that I am using. I would of have a lot more out of pocket expense with the other plan. I still have the peace about having the surgery, but do any of you get scared as the date gets closer? Do any of you have any suggestion for the liquid diet. I start mine on Friday.

Thanks for listening,

God Bless!!!!!!!!!!!

God assured me thru my decision to do this. i will admit, Satan tries to fill my mind with all the complications that can happen. BUT, God's assurance to get me thru anything overpowers that...PTL!!

You can check out the forum for pre-op nad the one on nutrition for some good liq diet ideas. There are a lot of diff ideas, so decide what will work for you. God bless on your journey and keep us informed so we can continue to pray for you. And prayers for your friend. Has she had her band corrected yet?

Hi Everyone,

I have a friend at church who has had the lap Band and her band slipped. I still know that this is a good thing for me to do and God has let everything fall into place. My insurance is going to pay 80% Plus the insurance company allowed me to change my plan in mid stream to the Dr. that I am using. I would of have a lot more out of pocket expense with the other plan. I still have the peace about having the surgery, but do any of you get scared as the date gets closer? Do any of you have any suggestion for the liquid diet. I start mine on Friday.

Thanks for listening,

God Bless!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I didn't have to do a liquid diet so am no help there. However, I got real nervous and scared about 2 days before surgery wondering what I was doing to myself etc. I think that is very normal, this is considered an elective procedure and all for the most part, though i considered it necessary for my health and well being. I just tried to rely on Phil 4...be anxious for nothing...... and also rationalized with myself that I had put a lot of thought and prayer into this, had numerous pre op tests to be sure it was safe and that I made the decision with a much more rational mind than I was in at the time 2 days before surgery. By the day before and morning of, I had such a peace about my decsion and am so glad I went forth with it.

hey all..

I have been gone for a little while now.. just busy because my husband is on break from his med program.. but its wonderful to see all of you support one another! I will have to keep checking up on here to get some prayer requests to pray for!! I think its so important to pray for one another in this transistion of life.. the enemy can be so crafty!

I myself have been seeming to expierence "bandster hell" as I have heard it refered to.. haha really its not that bad.. but I am in week 3 and I cant believe that I have to eat friggin pureed food for 2 more weeks.. I have been eating some mushy stuff and just chewing it really well.. but its a little ridiculous to me to sit down to dinner and my 10 month old is eating more solid chunks than me!! haha. its really frusterating that it seems I can only eat like 4 things. and having to be "special" wherever I go.. "Im sorry I can only eat things the consistancy of baby mush" :whatchutalkingabout

ok well God bless you all this week!

Yes, neverb4 my friend's band did go back in place. She had to stay in the hospital for 3 days. Thank you for your kind words.

I've been a member for a couple of weeks but just found this thread now. I was banded Aug. 4, 2008. Life is good, no GOD IS GOOD. :whatchutalkingabout

I think we need a smiley face w/ a Christian symbol. I don't know how to do that kind of stuff but I think it would be nice. :biggrin2:

I am being banded Sept. 5th and originally I was very fearful (all the what ifs') but after lots of prayer, DH & church family talks, I feel the peace of my Fathers protection...and that peace is keeping the enemy busy. About the liquid diet, high protein/low carb Protein Powder mixed with very cold water and flavor enhanced with SF Jello, pudding, Crystal Light and/or SF DaVinci syrups 30+flavors (I use vanilla Protein powder)

Hi all,

I don't remember and can't find it but I thought I posted a prayer request out her regarding my surgery. I was approved and scheduled yesterday. I will have the surgery next week (8/22). God is Good all the Time! All the Time God is Good! The surgeon's office hurried me along due to some upcoming insurance and other changes in my life. I am really excited about what the LORD has planned for my family. I will keep reading the posts. I have so much to learn.

In His hands!

Tutornmom, may God's healing and blessing be upon you! One week away, will be here and gone before you know it!!

God bless,

I'm so glad I found this thread, I'm in the process of getting my Lap Band. I had my first meeting last night. I had been waiting for several weeks, so I had been researching online and found this site. I had gotten lots of good information before my meeting. :lol:

Right now I'm waiting for OSU Hospital to call me back with the information my insurance company needs. If it is covered by the insurance my company has with this company I'll have to do a 6 month weight loss at OSU. They knew that last night. I know 2 women at work have had gastric bypass so it shouldn't be a problem.

It's going to take a lot of patience, never thought I'd have to wait so long. :rofl: I'm just going to hold off till next summer, since I don't work in the summer, will be much easier. :crying:

For those of you waiting to be banded... waiting a week or till next summer... you are in my prayers. God has been waking me early each morning, and reminding me to spend that time in prayer. So I think of you all, and pray.

Also for those who are newly banded - Conrats to you! Keep focused on the important things... and remember to keep going to God for absolutely everything! God has been really working in my life, and I am so grateful for the things He has done for me, and for all of you. He is good!!

I am making a point to pray for each and every prayer request that comes up here... God is using me as His prayer warrior, it is so awesome!

Also, I'm just wondering if any of you already banded had received a wallet card from your surgeon... saying that "this person has the lap-band, band size: ___ , ... this person can only eat small portions (60 grams) at each meal..." and it has a small icon of what the lap-band is. I did receive this card, and heard others have been able to use their cards at restaurants, to access the kids/seniors menus. Just wondering if any of you have tried this, or if you are even aware of this card? :tongue_smilie:

So far I have had 3 fills, and after each fill I could swear I'm at my sweet spot... until a few weeks later. Now I'm at that point again, wondering if I should go in one more time. I'll give it time, and pray for now. There really is a physiological connection to the brain that seems to turn off the cravings (head hunger)... when the fill is at the right level. I think I'm close to that "sweet spot", because after each fill... I truely am seeing a change in my habits. My stomach never growls hardly anymore... nothing like it used to. Head hunger can always talk - but honestly REAL stomach hunger has changed significantly. My struggle this last week has been choosing the right foods.

Anyways.... blessings to you all.

Wish there was a future Christian Bandster Ladies Conference some day!

(wouldn't that be awesome!) :biggrin: You know, God could make it happen!

Your sister in Christ...

I have that card, Soulsister. One side is a Restaurant Card the flip side is a medic alert card saying I have the band. I've not tried it in a restaurant yet however. For the most part it seems the kids menu is mostly chicken strips, mac and cheese or some other inappropriate food so haven't been tempted. I hadn't thought of the senior menu though.

I have had 2 fills, first was a big one and the 2nd a small one. I think I am in need of another as well and hope to get one on Wed.

I have that card, Soulsister. One side is a Restaurant Card the flip side is a medic alert card saying I have the band. I've not tried it in a restaurant yet however. For the most part it seems the kids menu is mostly chicken strips, mac and cheese or some other inappropriate food so haven't been tempted. I hadn't thought of the senior menu though.

I have a similar card from my surgeon but I've never used it. Kids' menu is as you say in most places. Exception is Mexican or Italian restaurants where you can usually get a small serving of their specialty.. like spaghetti & meatballs, tacos, enchilada, etc. Senior Menu is usually more varied and I often order from that when we're out. Another option is to order off the appetizer menu. Or, just plan to enjoy your meal for another 3-4 days! I try to share something with someone whenever possible, but DH doesn't usually like my choices. Have better luck sharing with a friend or DD.

3_2_110v.gif

Soulsister, thank you for all your prayers. You are definitely God's prayer warrior! I think your idea for a get-together in the future is great!

It looks like Phyl and I are the lucky ones that don't need a card for the senior menu! WooHoo! I've been checking out menus at all our favorite restaurants. I don't feel too concerned about choosing the right foods. DH and I can share some, but he doesn't always like what I like (go figure). The appetizer menu and doggie bags are a good option. (The poor dogs have never seen the inside of a doggie bag!) I think the card is a good idea, but maybe the best thing is for the medic-alert aspect. My surgery hospital is not local, and it will give me a measure of comfort to have that information for the local folks.

God bless you all tonight.