Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good afternoon! My name is Erica and I am super new as in I just broke it to my doctor that this my plan going forward. I have read at least three book and I plan to dive into some research journals later today but i am really motivated in such a positive way. I hope this is in the right place, I didn't see any sign indicating NEWBIES OVER HERE but that doesn't mean I didn't miss it. SO if that is the case let me know and I will my post.

So my name is Erica and I am drowning in myself, I am 150+ pounds overweight I suffer form HTN, sleep apnea, my knees are falling apart, I am pre-diabetic and I suffer from anxiety and depression all rooted in my limited mobility and I AM SOOO UNHAPPY with my current state. I am a very active person stuck in a body that is just falling apart (age sucks). I will admit I am 44 and I am terrified I will not see 50. I am the mom of two boys and a wonderful husband, I am currently trying to get hired as a teacher, I work with behaviorally.emotionally disable children and before I earned my teaching degree (last year!!) I was a firefighter for the last decade. Now I wonder if I can make the stairs without blowing out my knee.

I have been on a diet roller coaster all my life and ow its worse because I am so tired all the time and a solid workout takes 4 day for my knees to recover. I belong to the YMCA and crossfit but currently I just can do crossfit for fear of injury.

I am pursuing GSB, live in Maryland and hope to have the surgery by Christmas or spring next year. Tomorrow night I am attending an information session with a local surgeon and I have officially started my medically supervised 6 month weightloss program with my GP. I have United Healthcare insurance and my GP said that even though Maryland mandates they must cover it, she expects them to fight like hell and deny it. So only a little bubble bursting (ok big). In light of this I figured i would join this forum and get my duck in a rows and maybe have a wonderful resource for my fight.

Anyhoo, thanks for reading this and I look forward to leaning and sharing throughout my journey.

Congratulations! I am in the pre op stage, I have completed my mandated appointments, with the exception of one more nutritionist visit on the 19th of this month. That is when they should submit to insurance.

It sounds like with your BMI and your existing comordities, they should not give you a hard time with insurance. It seems there are just a lot of check marks to complete before they will even consider.

I am very excited for you! Just keep checking in , watching YOUTUBE (some good and others not so much)

Good luck!!

Hi Erica!

I'm new as well. I'm scheduling my pcp appointment to get my referral this week.

Glad to meet someone new to this journey as well.

Pamette

Hey Erica! I'm a newbie as well, I'm getting through my mandated appointments now. My insurance is CIGNA, i will have 3rd nutritionist visit next Wednesday and then I will have only one more left in July. I'm nervous about the surgery and hoping the insurance will approve me so I can get my new life started of not worrying about if I can fit in the booth of restaurants or sit in movie theater chairs. I have been over weight all my life. I have gone to the extreme of not eating so I can get small.. of course that was the WRONG way to go, it wasn't healthy, tried every weight loss program, los some then it comes back. Hopefully I can get my surgery done before Christmas.

I wish you the best of luck!

I am also new here. I have cigna insurance and I had my consultation 2 weeks ago. I found out that if you have been on a Doctor supervised weightloss program for three months you can bypass the 6 month wait. I am meeting with the surgeon this week. I will also be doing my psych eval and cardiac clearance this week as well. I almost feel like it is happening too fast. I have a tentative surgery date for August 21st. Good luck to everyone on their journeys.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello,
I am new at this also. I had my first appt and when I got their everything lined up and they said they could get my to surgery by Sept 2017. I am not ready that fast. I'm currently a school teacher and am looking to plan to have gastric sleeve done ever Christmas break. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app