Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey !!

I had my surgery My 19th ive lose 22 pounds. I would stay i had a good surgery no problems i was able to swallow right away. Is there any meal guidelines anyone follows I'm having a hard time on what to eat.

That sound like good weight loss for 3 weeks post-op. What type of surgery did you have.

Generally the surgeons office and nutricianist provides a list of acceptable foods that you can eat during various stages after surgery.

Your Dr didn't give you a meal plan? I have a meal plan and shopping list for basically the entire first 6 months.

We can't tell you how you should be eating, your Dr should had told you based on your needs and history.

1 hour ago, Shelly0407 said:

Hey !!

I had my surgery My 19th ive lose 22 pounds. I would stay i had a good surgery no problems i was able to swallow right away. Is there any meal guidelines anyone follows I'm having a hard time on what to eat.

I was just four days ahead of you, on the 15th, although @OutsideMatchInside is right, we can't tell you what you need to be doing, I will have to say, that I'm no longer subjected to liquids, puréed, etc. I'm totally on regular foods, albeit healthy foods. Still can't eat very much though. Get with your doc office and they should give you a guideline.

Edited by Newme17

Is there a nutritionist you have met with, or could meet with? It's one of the many requirements of the program I'm in that we meet with one and I have a slew of questions already!

Somewhere down the line, you can check out the posts on the site of people's menus: with the caveat that not everyone is making perfect choices all the time!