Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your Wednesday Menu - Post It Here!

The day went…okay! Here’s the run-down.

Breakfast: 2 slices of whole wheat toast with scrambled eggs.

Lunch: Caught empty-handed with no great options. I settled for packaged convenience food, which actually wasn’t too bad. I had a yogurt, an ounce of beef Jerky, an orange, and a little tray of baby carrots and grape tomatoes.

Dinner: Starving from busy afternoon with no snack, and no time to cook. Huge salad with romaine lettuce (pre-cut bag – easier!), grape tomatoes, and a scoop of tuna. Honey mustard dressing. 1 slice whole wheat toast with Peanut Butter.

Snack: blue cheese. Why? I don’t know. I felt like it.

My meals were not gourmet, but they were pretty healthy.

How did your day go? What were the good and bad?

Breakfast-2 slices of bacon, I had eggs too but I ran out of time to eat them.

Lunch- chicken sausage with organic ketchup

Dinner- Mahi Mahi with brussel sprouts.

Snack- 3 tablespoons cashews.

Breakfast: seed porridge (chia, flax and sunflower) cinnamon coconut milk.

Lunch: bacon, chicken, avo salad with goat cheese.

Snack: Walnuts

Dinner: ground beef and Brussels sprouts. (Nom nom nom)

Breakfast: 3 cups of blueberry muffin-flavored coffee with half & half and sweetener

Pre-workout snack: cottage cheese, yellow squash casserole, and half a grapefruit

Lunch: ham & cheese sandwich and yellow squash casserole

Mid-afternoon snack: Quest Protein Bar (chocolate chip cookie dough)

Dinner: ham & cheese sandwich and yellow squash casserole

Bedtime snack: strawberry banana Protein Shake

If I can remember yesterday's...

breakfast: 1/2 egg with cheese

snack: salt & pepper pistachios (again)

lunch: shrimp/sausage with peppers

snack: 1/2 Quest s'mores bar

dinner: mango tequila shrimp with peppers

Breakfast - Hard boiled egg and some raspberries

snack - 1/2 serving of pecans

lunch - 1/2 chicken flauta (I know, not the healthiest but I only have it once a week)

Snack - 1/2 serving of pecans

dinner - 1/2 burger (no bun) with sauteed mushrooms and pepperjack cheese

15 hours ago, Introversion said:

Breakfast: 3 cups of blueberry muffin-flavored coffee with half & half and sweetener

Pre-workout snack: cottage cheese, yellow squash casserole, and half a grapefruit

Lunch: ham & cheese sandwich and yellow squash casserole

Mid-afternoon snack: Quest Protein Bar (chocolate chip cookie dough)

Dinner: ham & cheese sandwich and yellow squash casserole

Bedtime snack: strawberry banana Protein Shake

Thank you all for posting these reports--helps me to envision the future . . . One question: how long after the surgery could you/did you start drinking coffee with half-and-half? Is it caffeinated or Decaf? Much as I'm a carb addict now, I think I'm going to miss coffee even more!

11 minutes ago, shannybananny71 said:

Can you not have coffee after surgery? I don't like it but I don't remember it being on the list.

My understanding--which may be wrong--is that I can't have caffeinated beverages for quite some time and that dairy is kind of discouraged except for yogurt and cottage cheese . . . Admittedly, I'm in the early stages of this process and don't know a lot for sure--have just scheduled my first appointment with the nutritionist.

3 hours ago, XYZXYZXYZ1955 said:

One question: how long after the surgery could you/did you start drinking coffee with half-and-half? Is it caffeinated or Decaf? Much as I'm a carb addict now, I think I'm going to miss coffee even more!

Personally, I resumed coffee at two months post-op.

I only drink caffeinated coffee. I'm addicted to the caffeine. Decaf would do nothing for me. :)

3 hours ago, shannybananny71 said:

Can you not have coffee after surgery? I don't like it but I don't remember it being on the list.

Each bariatric aftercare program is different. The dietitian at the bariatric practice that I go to preferred that we avoid coffee for the first postoperative month due to its high acidity.

However, as the stomach heals, many bariatric programs allow patients to resume drinking coffee. Personally, coffee cuts my appetite and enables me to perform more optimally during workouts, so I'll continue to drink it. Plus, I like it!

I would imagine it would be difficult to give up. That would be like me having to give up iced tea. No way.