Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good news UPDATES!

i am tired, too.

today was my first day back at work too, after a week off. and i have to say that i have little to no energy. even though i have a desk job, i'm extremely tired and fighting to stay awake.

also, i put a surgical pad over my port incision, but it's still KILLING me, because the underwire of my bra lays directly on top of it. i tried a sports bra, but it was equally, if not more painful. it seems like such a silly place to put the port. i don't have the option of going braless to work, so i am trying to move around as little as possible to prevent rubbing the incision.

i really cant wait to go home. i need a nap. big time.

Finally Approved - Surgery date 10/25 !

Just wanted to share my happiness with others, it has been a long road to get here.

I pray for those awaiting insurance approval, I know it's tough. Hang in there and stick to your guns.

Now that it's approved I can't wait for it to happen, everyone here is awsome and thanks for sharing all your thoughts and experiences. Believe me, they go a long way.

On the road to a new life............car.gif

Band Date - 10/25/2007

March 2007 - 374

Current - 348

I was banded on Friday (5th) and I am back to work today. Not feeling too bad. It is a challenge to drink, I have no appetite and Optifast is nauseating now. The fluids are going down with only a little hesitation. I am getting used to the feeling of fluids sitting in my esopogus while it drains into my stomach. I can only drink sml sips. I can't imagine eating solids ever again! If you can get your fluids and calories in you will feel much better. Preventing Constipation will decrease nausea. I have a desk job this week, that is why I went back, although this morning, I didn't think I'd make it. I have no pain, but gas is still hanging around and my upper abd. is still puffy (gas?). It does get better daily. On full fluids this week.

Im totally bloated/swollen too. I have a horrible headache as well. Im not sure I'm going to make it the whole day either. I'm just plain worn out and getting in and out of the car is a bitch:( Whew, nice to have people to gripe to :eek: Im tired of the pain but my mom told me people are usually tired of pain before its tired of them. I guess it is more uncomfortable than painful. Anyway, Im still chugging liquids. Cheers!

Thanks so much to all of you for posting your updates. It has been very helpful to me (and I am sure for others), as I wait patiently for my final approval.

Thanks everyone! Keep them coming.

Hi everybody

I feel like Amy again! (except everyone is still waiting on me hand and foot...shhhh don't tell them I am feeling better.)

I woke up today and I smiled and tought about how lucky I was to have the opportunties in life that I do.

I went down to my beautiful kitchen and blended a Protein shake, and reminded myself to buy some flowers today. I also have to buy some cute sweat pants, you should see me right now...I am wearing old ratty red ones, with a pink top. I never invested in sweats before, as I was a jean girl.I can't wear jeans because I am bloated and there is the incisions to think about. So I get to go SHOPPING!

Today I ate cream of cheese Soup...I never had that before, and I liked it! I was supposed to only eat 1/2 a cup; ahem...I ate 1 cup...BUT I AM FINALLY FULL!!!!

As you can probably tell by my babbling I am just happy. Love to you all.

Doing Well!

Hardest part for me is the getting my 60gs of Protein in a day. I also noticed I have easier time with hot liquids than cold. Cold liquids I find myself drinking faster.

Day 1 and 2 - Slept, Walked, Drank, Slept, Walked, Drank....

Day 3 was the worst - still think it was b/c of the pain meds.

Day 4 - You will wake up feeling great, think your SuperWoman/Man, do a lot of stuff and end up over doing it. (Well at least I did).

So DAY 4 TAKE IT EASY!

Day 5 - Feel Good. Like everyone else Port area is bugging me the most. kind of feels like it is pulsing now and then. Also I am so over Jell-O!

Hey Steph!

I took off a week. October 4th (band date) to October 11th.

I am in sales and have a territory so I drive A LOT. Doctor didn't think with my job I should go back due to the amount of driving. I have to agree with him. I was a passenger in a car today and it was really uncomfortable.

I can tell you if I had a desk job I could have gone back today....which is Day 5.

I think if you have the time burn it.

good to see everyone doing so well. i am still pretty sore around the port incision. the other incisions are itching like crazy, so thats good=healing, right? omg, at times its driving me crazy, lol.

a few small words of advice...DRINK DRINK DRINK! i got dehydrated and yesterday was utter hell. i hurt so bad all over, was SUPER nausated, dizzy, and just felt like crap. i was seriously thinking, WHAT HAVE I DONE? i took some anti-nausea meds, sipped all i could all day, and slept. i feel so much better today. but am gonna be damn sure i drink enough! that was horrible and i dont want to go throught that again.

on a good note, today i, carefully and gingerly, picked up my sweet baby girl for the first time since i got home. i have held her since then of course, but i picked her up myself today. a little pain, but not bad.

good luck to everyone!

OMG I am itchy too!! lol it is driving me crazy! I'm 5 days post op and I felt way better this morning when i got up. The port pain has diminished significantly. I almost feel normal again. Thanks for the tip about drinking. I drink all the time mostly because I am starving. lol Hang in there everyone:)

Yesterday was my first day back to work!!:ranger: I worked a 12 hour shift. My bank is merging Friday so I have to get back in the saddle quick! I did very well I was very tired and a little sore, but the thing that is driving me crazy right now is these bandages!! My wounds are healing and they are itchy. Thank goodness I have hardly no pain now. Is anyone else having this problem? I called the doctors office and they said to leave them on until they fall off. Today is day 8 after my surgery!

I am very excited I have lost 8 pounds since my surgery and 18 total.

Good luck to everyone. I need to go rest up for tomorrow:notagree

Holli

Yesterday was my first day back to work!!:ranger: I worked a 12 hour shift. My bank is merging Friday so I have to get back in the saddle quick! I did very well I was very tired and a little sore, but the thing that is driving me crazy right now is these bandages!! My wounds are healing and they are itchy. Thank goodness I have hardly no pain now. Is anyone else having this problem? I called the doctors office and they said to leave them on until they fall off. Today is day 8 after my surgery!

I am very excited I have lost 8 pounds since my surgery and 18 total.

Good luck to everyone. I need to go rest up for tomorrow:notagree

My surgery was a week ago bandages are starting to look like crap; some are half on some are half off (does that make any sense?) I have a band-aid on one of my openings. Good thing I am seeing my doctor tomorrow, because I am a mess!

I think the itchy part is normal when your scabbing over.

I am just SUPER impressed that you went back to work for 12 hours, and lost 18 pounds to boot!

I didn't have bandages over most of my cuts. I had one over the big incision but I only had to keep it on for a few days. I also don't have stitches though just glue. I still itch though so you are not alone there.