Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommendations for Support Garments (Abdomen)

I'm looking to get some support garments for my stomach to keep the skin from chaffing as my weight drops and for a little comforting pressure on my incisions. I'm not interested in Spanx because I don't want to have to pull anything off just to go to the bathroom. However, it is OK if a recommendation has coverage on the arms or chest.

Thank you all in advance!

I'm looking to get some support garments for my stomach to keep the skin from chaffing as my weight drops and for a little comforting pressure on my incisions. I'm not interested in Spanx because I don't want to have to pull anything off just to go to the bathroom. However, it is OK if a recommendation has coverage on the arms or chest.
Thank you all in advance!

I have been curious about this... does it help to have supportive layers during the weight loss, like waist trainers?

For me, I find that the little bit of extra compression helps with comfort. I don't think it actually helps with "shaping" your body or with loose skin, because that's just not the way skin and muscles work, but it at least can keep loose skin from chafing or getting caught in zippers!

Under armour compression shirts are a good option. Decently priced as well. You should be able to find them at any sporting goods stores.

I wear cami's/tank tops by Maidenform Self Expressions. They have a decent amount of compression/support and help hold in my jiggly loose skin and smooths out any of my skin rolls. I have been wearing them since about six months post op. It's nice because they don't interfere with going to bathroom. Also they look decent underneath shirts. I have them in several shades. I order them from Amazon. I find they run true to size. I wear medium tops and order the medium size and it fits nice.