Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PreOp Shopping List Updated with Prices

Hi Everyone,

First off I would like to thank LilMissBand-Aid whoo.giffor providing the shopping list that I used for my shopping trip. I saw the list when it posed and I was so happy that when I covered this list with my doctors office the only thing I could come up with was a pedometer, so, I added a pedometer to my list and that is about it. Off I went to Wal-mart with shopping list in hand. I would like to note that these prices are subjective to the area's that you live in. I have even found that they are different from store to store depending on demographics and housing costs.

UGH... curse you Wal-mart for being so easy to shop at and priced for my neighborhood.silly.gif

So, these are at least close to what you can expect to spend for Wal-mart in Texas.

I hope LilMissBand-Aid doesn't feel i"m stealingbandit.gif her list idea, it's just that the postings from the original thread would surely buried this post so, that is why I started the new thread.happy.gif

Thanks everybody for your support and knowledge in this forum. It is a huge help.

LAP BAND SURGERY SHOPPING LIST-w-prices.doc

Wow thank you Sonic! Hey you're not in our monthly support group yet. Go over to the "monthly support group" section, look for "OCt 07" and you will find the TENaciousTENS. We're about 120 strong now, and there are people having surgery on YOUR date. Come introduce yourself, and I can add you to the ROLL CALL if you like, so check that thread out.

Again, thank you SO much for this updated list, I'm on my way out to be sure I have everything on it - my surgery is Tues!

Sonic, where did you find the medical cups (3 oz)?

Sghatl - In the same area of Wal-mart where they sell the other plastic/paper cups. Near the trash bags. They are not labeled as hospital cups, just "3oz. Bathroom Cups".

Thanks Holly, I will do that! Good luck Tuesday!

;)

Hi Everyone,

First off I would like to thank LilMissBand-Aid whoo.giffor providing the shopping list that I used for my shopping trip. I saw the list when it posed and I was so happy that when I covered this list with my doctors office the only thing I could come up with was a pedometer, so, I added a pedometer to my list and that is about it. Off I went to Wal-mart with shopping list in hand. I would like to note that these prices are subjective to the area's that you live in. I have even found that they are different from store to store depending on demographics and housing costs.

UGH... curse you Wal-mart for being so easy to shop at and priced for my neighborhood.silly.gif

So, these are at least close to what you can expect to spend for Wal-mart in Texas.

I hope LilMissBand-Aid doesn't feel i"m stealingbandit.gif her list idea, it's just that the postings from the original thread would surely buried this post so, that is why I started the new thread.happy.gif

Thanks everybody for your support and knowledge in this forum. It is a huge help.

Oh, no - like I mentioned in the other thread, most of the ideas were a conglomeration of many other posters here from long before me. I just wanted to make a list that was more shopper friendly.

We're all here to help one another. ;)

Oh, no - like I mentioned in the other thread, most of the ideas were a conglomeration of many other posters here from long before me. I just wanted to make a list that was more shopper friendly.

We're all here to help one another. :)

Well said, thanks for the support. ;)

This list is pretty good! You can also get big quantities of things like Flinstones chewable vitamins (my doc told me to use those) at club stores like SAM's. I got a big bottle of 300 Flinstone-like (generic) chewable Vitamins for $6.88! Hope this helps!

How many chewables do you take? They're children doses so I figure it would be more for us adults.

Vee

My doc told me to take two flinstone Vitamins. I compared the Vitamins at the store and you get more Iron if you take two Flinstones than you get in a Women's One a Day vitamin! That to me is awesome because I often get Iron deficient.

I'd also add: hard candies or mints for that DRY desert mouth that happens the first day postop (it's from the drug Atropine they give you in surgery to dry up your secretions!) Also something to lubricate your DRY nasal passages - vasiline or saline nasal spray or my favorite: Vicks vapo-rub to help lubricate and open those dry plugged nasal passages.

On the vitimin thing I have started taking a liquid vitimin. it is not too bad you just take about 2oz in the morning and your good for the day and I just use a shot glass they are 2 oz and reusible....oh and I have plenty heh.

I think they absorbe into my system better then the pills. I hate to have to crush things and try to get the crushed thing down.

How many chewables do you take? They're children doses so I figure it would be more for us adults.

Vee

My doc

2 in the a.m. - 2 p.m. flinstone w/iron

sublingual Vitamin B - 1 once a day

Chewable Calicum Citrale (sp) kind not the viactive kind.

LAP BAND SURGERY SHOPPING LIST

NON-food ITEMS:

BBQ or Toilet tongs, for a good reach in the r.r.

Heating pad(12inx24in)

Flexible ice pack (hot/cold 12inx16in)

A few books or movies(your choice, I spent about 70.00us)

xx.xx

Squishy pillow for car ride for seatbelt (shoulder pad)

Make sure you have a good blender

Kitchen timer (first few days, sip every 15 mins)(analog)

Kitchen timer (digital – better for travelling)

Pedo-meter(depending on the one you get – don’t forget to adjust to your stride)

PHARMACEUTICALS:

Liquid Tylenol/Motrin (Check early in case pharmacy needs to order in advance)

Chewable or liquid gas-x(I got strips, you will pay more than shown here)

Gauze Pads 4x4

Paper/bandage tape

Wet Wipes

Pill crusher

Chewable Vitamins

Hospital Medicine cups (I got 3oz/88ml cups – 100ct)

Cough Drops(Halls big box)

Stool Softener (Dr. asked me not to get this, if needed talk to him)

xx.xx

Moist and nice tasting Lip Balm(got chapstick – cherry – 2for deal)

FOOD ITEMS:

Protein shakes(these vary from 22 – 55 dollars depending on quality and quantity)

xx.xx

Plenty of water(bottled Water for me 3cases 16oz. bottles 10.00)

broth or stuff to make broth(several flavors but all about the same cost)

Sugar free popsicles

Sugar free Jello

Sugar free breath mints (chewable)

Crystal Light "On the GO" assorted flavors(I don’t like CL so I got store brand/price per box)

Bouillon(several flavors but all about the same cost)

Cream of Wheat

Creamy Soups

Applesauce

FAT FREE yogurt

Soup-at-Hand - Soups - for creamy stage(on sale)

pudding cups (SF/FF) - helps w/ taking meds(got instant, more flavors, price per box)

Sugar free hot cocoa

Decaf tea(got regular, Decaf is a little more in cost)

CLOTHES POST-OP:

Loose fitting, easily removable(one size larger than I wear, sweats, top and bottom)

Buttons downs or pullover(sale rack found $5.00 per, one size larger)

Thong shoes/slip-on so no bending and tying(make sure they are a good pair)

Sports Bra! Sutures will be hurt by under wires(I have a daughter and wife that helped here)

All these prices are from Wal-mart and I used my receipt for 4Oct07 to get most of the prices.

I did try to give explanations where I could and those are in braces, i.e. - ().

Good luck and remember, your positive attitude and positive resolve got you this far. You can get through this, be positive.

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I dont think I have seen it posted BUT (no pun intended)

Get yourself some baby wipies, it certainly helps with the personal hygeiene. You will love them and never give them up!