Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Results with the new AP band?

My banding date is scheduled for November 12th (if all goes well with insurance approval). My surgeon doesn't use the new AP band "exclusively" and wouldn't have offered it to me (I don't think) if I hadn't requested it. I plan to talk more about it to him at my appointment just before surgery but was hoping some of you that have it can give me any pros and/or cons of getting this specific band.

From what I've read about it (which is not a lot) it seems to be the best option on the market. I'm just wondering why everyone wouldn't ask for it or want it? I know some of you got banded with it earlier in the year and I would LOVE to hear from you!

I'm very pleased with it, some of the bandsters here have had the previous band and been rebanded after slip or erosion with the AP and from what I've read from them, they notice a better restriction earlier on.

I postponed my OR until my doc got it. Then I wrote on my stomach in huge black sharpie industrial marker "AP Only!!!"

Advanced Platform AP

There are a few threads around about it, use the search feature and look for advanced or platform. Or both. I think AP is too short for the search to work.

My wife and I love the AP Band. She has a fill next week. Iam also hoping to get a fill at the same time. She will be 4 weeks Wednesday adn I will be 3 weeks. This is a new inmed band that goes 360 degree and is desgined a bit differant. it will hold anywhere from 10 to 14 cc depending on which one you get. You need to check with your doctor as to what he is using. The cost is about $ 4,000 for the band itself.

Chris

What do you mean by 360 degrees? Don't they all go around the top of the stomach. I'm confused?

I'm very pleased with it, some of the bandsters here have had the previous band and been rebanded after slip or erosion with the AP and from what I've read from them, they notice a better restriction earlier on.

I postponed my OR until my doc got it. Then I wrote on my stomach in huge black sharpie industrial marker "AP Only!!!"

OMG!!!!!!!!! DID YOU REALLY???????????? That is AWESOME!:o

Thanks for the info Chris61. I hope I will have great results with the AP band. I had decided to hold out for surgery IF my doctor didin't use it. So at my appointment I found out that he does use it but I had to ask for it specifically (not sure why). I will get more details from him at my pre-surgery appointment and make sure that he doesn't forget what I want. I think I will ask him to see the box before surgery. I've read some others have done that to make sure as to what they were getting!

You've had GREAT results so far! Please keep me posted on how you and your wife are doing. Good luck on your fills.:clap2:

My doctor gave me a picture of what it look like inside with the band. You might ask him for that.

Chris

I asked for and got the box from my band after my OR. My surgeon gave it to my husband when he came to talk with him.

Yes Tracy, I sure did write it on my tummy. :) Along with lines where my waistband and braline are so he wouldn't make any incisions there.

I am very happy that I waited for the AP, and glad to have it.

Here's some photos of the different bands. The first is the regular Allergan/Inamed band, the second baffled/pillowed one is the VG, the last one is the AP. You can see that though they all go around the stomach, the inflation area is not 360 degrees in the first two, only in the AP. Whether or not that makes a difference, who knows. The manufacturer says it does but they are the manufacturer. I would have been happy to get the original or the VG if the AP hadn't been available at all yet. But it is, so I held out for it.

post-214392-13813135589733_thumb.jpg

post-214392-13813135589979_thumb.jpg

I have the new AP band too. They said it already has a few cc's of saline in it when they put it in. I think this has helped me not be as hungry as most claim to be during "bandster hell". I would definitely request it over the others if you have that option.

Here's some photos of the different bands. The first is the regular Allergan/Inamed band, the second baffled/pillowed one is the VG, the last one is the AP. You can see that though they all go around the stomach, the inflation area is not 360 degrees in the first two, only in the AP. Whether or not that makes a difference, who knows. The manufacturer says it does but they are the manufacturer. I would have been happy to get the original or the VG if the AP hadn't been available at all yet. But it is, so I held out for it.

Wow, thanks for all the info - and mentioning what you did to marker yourself. Good advice, well received. :eek:

faithmd.... WOW! Thanks for the pictures and all the great information! You have lost a lot of weight in a short time! Way to go!! Did I read somewhere on this board that you've lost this weight without having a fill? Do you feel restriction? Do you exercise a lot?