Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post pregnancy and have stacked the weight back on 😭

First time poster, long time lurker :D

A bit about myself, I was sleeved in 2014 at 136kg and manged to get down to 96kg before finally falling pregnant [yay!]. Now I am 1 year postpartum and my weight is rapidly spiraling out of control again :57_cry: The head hunger and being home all day with bubs is my biggest problem, I graze ALL day on sugary quick grab foods.
Having a little one I find myself tired and am seriously lacking motivation with jumping on the weight loss band wagon as my son is my first priority.
I've always had a larger sleeve than most and was able to eat half a sandwich, now after being pregnant I can eat a whole sandwich no worries. Being pregnant was my downfall when it came to the weight gain as I was hypoglycemic and had to eat every hour, plus bubs was draining me of everything which is why I was constantly hungry and I simply cannot break that habit now.

I don't believe I have stretched my stomach but I like to hear from other sleevers that have a similar story to myself and that can reassure me that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Edited by wouldntmindasandwich
Hadn't finished my story before bubs hit enter :D

2 minutes ago, wouldntmindasandwich said:

First time poster, long time lurker

A bit about myself I was sleeved in 2014 at 136kg and manged to get down to 96kg before finally falling pregnant. Now I am 1 year postpartum and my weight is rapidly spiraling out of control again :57_cry: The head hunger and being home all day with bubs is my biggest problem, I graze ALL day on sugary quick grab foods.

You may have you to go back to the basics. Congrats on your bundle of joy. Makes me nervous for when I get preggers.

11 minutes ago, Deactivatedfatgal said:

You may have you to go back to the basics. Congrats on your bundle of joy. Makes me nervous for when I get preggers.

Thank you for the reply :)

11 minutes ago, Deactivatedfatgal said:

Thank you for the reply :)

Apologies for the double posts.

Thanks for the reply and the congratulations. I hadn't finished my weightloss journey when I fell pregnant but we were so desperate for a baby that I was willing to do anything so waiting was not an option.
I have no support around me and honestly the thought of going on a liquid only diet for 2 weeks to potentially shrink my sleeve makes me want to cry! I love my food but hate being fat *sigh*

1 hour ago, wouldntmindasandwich said:

Apologies for the double posts.

Thanks for the reply and the congratulations. I hadn't finished my weightloss journey when I fell pregnant but we were so desperate for a baby that I was willing to do anything so waiting was not an option.
I have no support around me and honestly the thought of going on a liquid only diet for 2 weeks to potentially shrink my sleeve makes me want to cry! I love my food but hate being fat *sigh*

Do you still have the sugar issues?

I read something yesterday that really stood out to me... If you can't eat it responsibly, then don't have it in your home. I think this is great advice.

You should have a veggie tray and some already cooked chicken breast in the fridge for quick Snacks.

My MIL cooked a whole turkey and brought it over when I had my first, I thought it was the weirdest thing 😕 But all I ate for the first three days home was that 🦃. I was glad to have it handy.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches