Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here?

I'm going to make some mashed potatoes for myself tomorrow and that's it. I don't have family here and none of my friends invited me over, so I'll probably do some work instead of eating.

Oh ENTERPRISE01 !!! You are welcome to come spend the rest of the day with our crazy family in League City!!! You don't need to spend the day by yourself . . .

I lost my only sister to breast cancer last year and so we sort of 'sit the holidays out' last year and my Mother is this year too, but my husband's family came this year and we are going to cook out later - we'd love to have you join us!

Nobody knows about my band, so luckily with my unfill last week - I have been able to eat everything they have so far . . . I can't wait until Tuesday when I hope I can get filled again.

Well, I ended up going to the ER around 5:00 on Thanksgiving, by the time I got to the ER, my head felt like it was going to explode, and I couldn't remember what my middle initial was to my name?? I knew something was wrong. They tried to hook me up to IV'S but my veins kept blowing - they said because I was severely dehydrated. To make a long story short, they admitted me into the hospital, I spent the night and this morning, my doc was there and took my fill from 4.0 to 3.0. I tried to talk him into leaving more, but he said I was really swollen and he wanted me to heal first.

So, I just got home from the hospital and I am starvin'. I'm supposed to stay on mushies today and call his office Monday and schedule another fill. He said he wanted to wait about 2 weeks before he filled me again.

Thank you guys so much for urging me to go in, they said there was no way I could have waited until Monday, and my doctor said the only thing I did bad was not call sooner.

I feel soooo much better now, I was throwing up all night last night too, and they gave me some med to calm me down. My stomach is still a little queesy, but at least I can swallow my own saliva now.

I just hate it that I have no restriction again. But, I tell you, I would rather have very little restriction than too tight! Being too tight was not fun at all!

Oh ENTERPRISE01 !!! You are welcome to come spend the rest of the day with our crazy family in League City!!! You don't need to spend the day by yourself . . .

I lost my only sister to breast cancer last year and so we sort of 'sit the holidays out' last year and my Mother is this year too, but my husband's family came this year and we are going to cook out later - we'd love to have you join us!

Nobody knows about my band, so luckily with my unfill last week - I have been able to eat everything they have so far . . . I can't wait until Tuesday when I hope I can get filled again.

Lynn, I may take you up on that offer next year. I ended up working all night Wednesday until 10:00 a.m. Thursday, so I spent rest of the day sleeping. Now my schedule is completely off and I'm out of sorts. I binged on chips and salsa. I'm such an idiot - I should not have even had them in the house. I'm having my mashed potatoes today. The holidays are always such a rough time for me with depression. Even though I have a boyfriend, I don't see him much around the holidays because he's with his kids. My mom will be here next week, so that will cheer me up. I've got the best mom in the world and she's a lot of fun to be around. Lynn, I'm sorry your lost your sister. We never expect to lose loved ones so early in their lives. It's hard to come to terms with that.

Take care of your band and yourself. Listen to Dr. Spivak. I hate to see you end up with complications.

Well, I ended up going to the ER around 5:00 on Thanksgiving, by the time I got to the ER, my head felt like it was going to explode, and I couldn't remember what my middle initial was to my name?? I knew something was wrong. They tried to hook me up to IV'S but my veins kept blowing - they said because I was severely dehydrated. To make a long story short, they admitted me into the hospital, I spent the night and this morning, my doc was there and took my fill from 4.0 to 3.0. I tried to talk him into leaving more, but he said I was really swollen and he wanted me to heal first....

Oh, Sunshine, I'm so sorry you went through that. Thank god you're all right now. I've been contemplating another fill, but after hearing your story, I think I'm going to wait until after New Year's. Try to enjoy rest of your weekend. Take care of yourself.

Man, I can tell a huge difference in my restriction level. Very HUNGRY, I'm going to have to use a lot of self control!

Hi Tonya

Boy, what a rough time. I was just wondering why you initially felt you needed another fill? It seemed like you were doing okay without it? Just curious. Hope that you will heal up soon and get back on track. Maybe focus on taking the quickslim stuff!!

Hi Tonya

Boy, what a rough time. I was just wondering why you initially felt you needed another fill? It seemed like you were doing okay without it? Just curious. Hope that you will heal up soon and get back on track. Maybe focus on taking the quickslim stuff!!

I agree with you, I should not have gotten a fill. But here is why I did, I keep reading where everyone has to take small bites of food and chew, chew, chew. Well, I didn't, I could take big bites of food, and chew just like I did before the band and had no problems. Sometimes, I would feel it going thru the band but I really only have had 1 PB. So, I figured since I could still eat regular bites of food, I probably needed a fill. My doctor said you should have to "work" at eating meat, well, I figured since I didn't have to do that, I probably should get a fill. Well, I should have left well enough alone. Now I just feel like I'm starting all over again. Although, I do have a very tine bit of restriction, I mean, tiny, it is not enough at all.

I'm just going to measure my food and try and make the best healthy choices, and trust me, I will be taking the Quickslim. I am hoping I can get in for a fill in the next 30 days, but we'll see. I have to call them Monday.

I agree with you, I should not have gotten a fill. But here is why I did, I keep reading where everyone has to take small bites of food and chew, chew, chew.

That is the exact same reason why I ended up in a bind too . . . I thought I must not be tight enough if I could EAT and could eat more than a couple of bites. Boy - did I learn a lesson!

My doctor's nurse says we should be able to eat about a 'lean cuisine' portion 3 times a day . . . . I am going to focus on that and use that as my guideline from now on, as opposed to thinking I should not be able to eat more than a bite or two at each meal. I go back in on Tuesday, and I really hope I am able to get a fill then. This lack of restriction is going to get me if I stay this way for long!

I'm just going to measure my food and try and make the best healthy choices, and trust me, I will be taking the Quickslim. .

I am curious about the Quickslim . . . . is it a pill or a capsule? How big is it? Do you find that it makes you 'jittery' or keeps you from being able to go to sleep at night ???

I need a 'little something' for these last 10 pounds I think, but can't get a big pill or capsule down when I have much restriction. Also, every 'diet pill' I have ever taken has made me feel like my heart was going to jump out of my chest, AND kept me from being able to sleep.

I am curious about the Quickslim . . . . is it a pill or a capsule? How big is it? Do you find that it makes you 'jittery' or keeps you from being able to go to sleep at night ???

I need a 'little something' for these last 10 pounds I think, but can't get a big pill or capsule down when I have much restriction. Also, every 'diet pill' I have ever taken has made me feel like my heart was going to jump out of my chest, AND kept me from being able to sleep.

To be honest, I don't feel anything. But I know its working, but I don't get jittery at all. I bought mine from Audree (Babygotback). I had the same problem, every diet pill I had taken made me depressed, jittery and moody. My DH banned me from taking them lol. I was a witch. But with the Quickslim30, I don't feel that way at all. They are capsules, but they are not real big and I haven't had any problems at all taking them.

I also was thinking they don't curb my appetite that much, but then like tonight, I have no restriction, and I was eating and I got full really really fast. I ate just as much as I do with restriction. So they keep me from overeating. Also, they help me with my sugar cravings I think.

No jitters here from those pills either. I know Audree said they gave her energy, but I didn't have that either. Just a lack of appetite...not in a bad way...but like I had to think about eating. I'm so programmed...three meals a day...regardless of if I'm hungry...clean plate club... I do well when I have a cup of Soup for lunch...doesn't have to be a big meal...dinner can be simple too...but...I'm working on that one.

Sunshine,

You sound just like me, I went 11/12 for a slight fill. I'm already at 4cc in a 4cc band the doc was giving me .2cc more asked me to swallow a cup of Water and asked if it went down. I sat there a minute and was trying to decide if I was going to tell the truth when they asked if it was stuck in my throat. I felt like I had been caught and had to tell the truth then. So I admitted that it did feel a little stuck lol. They immediately took it back out they said if they left it I would even have trouble with liquids and no solids would pass.

But just as you said I feel like I can take regular bites of food and it goes down. Although I have noticed since the fill attempt I do have more restriction, which they said was not unheard of.

I have really been trying to work on my head, I think sometimes it is a head game. If I really think and eat slow I can feel the restriction and do realize that there is restriction that wasn't there preband. It's nice to see that someone else out there has had there 4cc band so full.

Good luck and keep up the good work! You have do great!

Debbie

banded 1/8/06

h235/c163/g145

Debbie,

You've done great on your weightloss! Your close to goal. Yes, I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that does not have to take small bites and that my band is so full in order to get restriction!

Hey all, there seems to be someone from our January group that needs some support...well, more than one..check out the listings under our janaury monthly support group..you'll see who I'm talking about.

Well, good news from me...I lost a pound. Practically unheard of given the holiday!! But I do believe that the reality is that I got stuck yesterday at noon and wasn't able to eat dinner. Soft foods for me today!! oatmeal with Protein powder for breakfast!! YummY

How did you all do?