Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Macros

I have seen questions asked before about macros, and it can actually get a bit confusing, so I sat down with my nut who also has a degree in physical training. For those who are interests this is what she came up with, it is a pretty simple break down

55-60% Protein

35-40% carbs

10% fats

this applies to what ever your caloric intake needs might be.

just food for thought

That's perfect! This is what I will be doing when cleared post op, and currently doing before my pre-op, but plant based. I don't like the high Protein low/or no carb diets.

1 hour ago, Waler said:

I have seen questions asked before about macros, and it can actually get a bit confusing, so I sat down with my nut who also has a degree in physical training. For those who are interests this is what she came up with, it is a pretty simple break down

55-60% Protein

35-40% carbs

10% fats

this applies to what ever your caloric intake needs might be.

just food for thought

I am assuming this is once you have reached goal, correct? I have trouble getting over 50 grams of Protein in when I only eat protein all day, and the doctor wants me at 80 grams.

What you basically want to do is scale it to your caloric intake, that is why they are in percentage of daily intake.

I may try this for maintenance because my doctor told me - You don't need anything else right now except Protein, the Vitamins I put you on and Water. Eat 70-90 grams of protein a day. If you can fit in anything else, feel free.

Personally I play with my Macros often. The best results for me so far has been to up my fat to 55% (60 ish G) carbs 10% (25G) Protein 35% (88G)This is for my 1000 calorie intake. I am almost 5 mo post Gastric. I had been eating more veggies and stopped loosing, so I did research and decided to give it a go with more fat and started loosing more weight and working out less. I was working out an hr a day everyday. I feel fuller now and have more energy. Read up on Ketogenic type diets for better weight loss results. p.S I DONT EAT COMPLEX CARBS, NO bread, RICE GRAINS, or Beans, lentils. Just meat, veggies, some fruit, and nuts and seeds, plus dairy.

I eat about 50 percent protien and 30 percent fat - all else can fall in place. I eat about 1400 to 1600 calories each day - sometimes more if I am extra active. I am at goal