Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best decision I've ever made

7 hours ago, nicugal36 said:

Wishing everyone on this journey (pre and post op) support, love, and light.

Thank you, I will be operated on Monday and this was great to read.

I was the girl who almost got up and walked out of the hospital before having it done.....I am so so happy I did not do that!

I sooooo agree with you. I am only 3 weeks out but feel the exact same way, but am sooooo blessed this has been tooo easy for me, no nausea, no problem getting Protein in, no feeling toooo full, bm's are normal. The only thing I struggle with is wanting to eat salsa and getting a little spice in my diet. I have ordered the vitamin patches and am looking forward to starting them...If any one has any advise pros and cons on the vita Patches I would love to hear.

I'm one month post op tommorow and I am so happy I did this! I went through stage of regret but it passed, I've experienced my three week stall but looking at myself in the mirror and seeing my scars heal, seeing my stomach shrink tremendously, I know this was my destiny. The amount of confidence I feel at only 27 pds down, is AMAZING. Not eating the way I did prior, is a blessing. No diets would help me stop the binge eating and slow death I was headed for. This surgery has given me my strength and confidence that I had lost for 6 years. Thank god for Dr. Clark!

This post came at the right time! Thank you so much! I have my VSG scheduled for May 1st.

I was that person as well. I am now almost 6 months post op. Thank you for posting this.

Awe thank you for the inspiration! Great job too. :)

I'm one month post op tommorow and I am so happy I did this! I went through stage of regret but it passed, I've experienced my three week stall but looking at myself in the mirror and seeing my scars heal, seeing my stomach shrink tremendously, I know this was my destiny. The amount of confidence I feel at only 27 pds down, is AMAZING. Not eating the way I did prior, is a blessing. No diets would help me stop the binge eating and slow death I was headed for. This surgery has given me my strength and confidence that I had lost for 6 years. Thank god for Dr. Clark!

Fantastic job!!! I'm so glad you are doing so great!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Great post! Keep up the good work!

@nicugal36 Thank you so much for this post! I'm 8 days post op, and have been doing pretty well, but for some reason today was a real struggle for me. I know I can do this, but hearing others stories and words of encouragement definitely helps.

You look fantastic and sound happy. Keep up the good work!

Congrats you look fabulous! Your post helped me. I weigh myself every other day and watch it go up and down. Hahha. Time for a new scale.

I am struggling with the eating. I'm struggling to get food down and get it down slow. I forget that I have a small tummy. Sometimes eat to fast. I need to be patient and follow the rules. Down 45 lbs - 3 months post op. 30+ to go.

That is awesome! You look fantastic and I know you feel a lot better.

(Your profile says "pre-op) :)

What a wonderful post! Not only was it inspiring, but you're a wonderful writer too!

I work in healthcare myself and I've seen the specrum of sucess and failure with patients. When my day finally came, I had to make peace with the fact that it might not work, but I had to try.

Now, three weeks later, I can't tell you how much of a relief I feel that food isn't taking over my life anymore! I know there will always be issues, I'll always want a slice a pizza, but to go about my day, not constantly thinking about my next meal is liberating.

I don't think my doctor grasps how greatful I am for his changing my life, but I'll try to tell him next time I see him without getting too clingy.

Congrats to everyone!