Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MY Scale is struck!

I was banded on 5/24, I have had 1 fill and I am due for the second on 10/9. My problem is the scale has not moved in about three weeks. And I have only losy 20 lbs since my last fill. I am getting discouraged.

I have not cheated, not once. Any advice????????:help:

In June I lost 0lbs (and gained 0lbs, was an oddity to me!).. and then July I lost 8lbs. Nothing changed from month to month. Exercise, diet, and fill level--all the same.

I think our bodies just decide to do what they want! Damn them!!

Try keeping measurements, sometimes you can be losing inches and your scale isn't moving.

I am right there with you... I was banded may 23 and my scale once again hasnt moved in a few weeks. I have gone longer than a month without losing any before and then all of a sudden my scale will move. Who knows... as long as my clothes keep getting looser I guess I should be happy?

I know how you feel though it can be discouraging. Keep plugging along it will happen. I am going for my 4th fill Wed.

R u eating the right foods? Working out?

Thanks for your replies. yes, I am working out, for the first time in my life. I have joined a gym, and I work the machine for 30 minutes then swim for 1 1/2 hrs. at least 4 times a week. I am starting a food diary today. I have been doing a very high Protein Drink in the morning, and I wonder if that could be a mistake. When I add up the calories it is 430???????? So I am taking a break from that.

I too was banded 5-23. Are you logging all your food intake? That helps a LOT. You may be getting too many (OR TOO FEW!!!!) calories. I can go to just about 1000 before things slow down or stop. But if you are not getting ENOUGH calories your body is trying to conserve its intake and you may need to adjust up.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches