Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long does the Gas last?

Hi there,

I was banded on 9/20/08. I feel great! Except the gas is getting old. I walk, take gas ex, etc. Just lots of air bubbles in my tummy with nowhere to go...I feel them popping all day.When does it stop?

Thanks!

:nervous

Hi there,

I was banded on 9/20/08. I feel great! Except the gas is getting old. I walk, take gas ex, etc. Just lots of air bubbles in my tummy with nowhere to go...I feel them popping all day.When does it stop?

Thanks!

:nervous

Mine lasted a while. The ONLY thing that worked for ME was walking, a LOT of walking!

I walk and a rock back and forth on a chair to force the damned bubbles out. I don't care which end. They just need to leave my body!

Darragha

I find that post-surgery I had "active gas" for about 2 weeks. Now at 4 months, I have just kindof settled in to reecognizing I have a lot more air in my body that needs to come out....all the time. I burp, I hiccup, I fart. It's nothing out of control, but apparently the way things are structured now leave a lot more opportunity for air to get into the system. You get used to it.

My gas was only a problem for 2 or 3 days. I drank lots of hot Water with peppermint oil- dnot know if this helped or if it was a coincidence.

I was banded on Aug 21. The gas lasted for about 1 week. Then I went to a picnic and tried baked Beans. :embarassed: Whoa! really wished I hadn't. I got really bad gas that lasted for about 4 days. So, your gas should be calming down, but watch what you eat and don't eat gas-y things for a while.

This is an interesting topic - I was banded on 9/11 and I have been having gas pains ever since, especially at night. They wake me up from a sound sleep. It is not reflux. It is gas. I know because it is relieved by getting up and walking around and either burping or passing gas. Then I can go back to sleep. The problem is that I am waking up every 3-4 hours with these pains. I have tried to eat closer to the time I am going to bed to have something in my stomach besides air. I take gas ex before bedtime. I switched from whey Protein to Soy protein in case the lactose was the issue. So far nothing has worked.

Great topic this morning. I was up last night for about three hours. I thought I was dying. I had so much pain in the abdominal area that I couldn't stand it. I almost went to the emerg but didn't thank goodness. I took GasX and Imodeum and it seems to have calmed down enough to go back to sleep. But this morning it is still there. Then I tried to diagnose myself and said that maybe I have a urinary infection. I was just about to call my doctor and decided to come online and I am glad I did. Has anyone suffered severe gas pain like this? And is walking the only way to get rid of it?

Dying inside helllllllpppppppp!!!!!!!

I was banded on 9/24/07. My gas pains have been in my left shoulder and neck area. Has anyone had these types of pains?

I've heard that there is no lactose in whey. Apparently it is safe for people who are lactose intolerant. Don't take this as absolute truth, though. But you may want to check it out and see if it is so.

I was banded yesterday and am having the left shoulder and neck pain. It was constant while sitting or standing but gone while I was lying down, so I was able to sleep. Today it is an off and on thing, not so much sitting but comes and goes while standing. If I burp it gets really bad for a few seconds. Will be glad when it is gone.

I was banded yesterday and am having the left shoulder and neck pain. It was constant while sitting or standing but gone while I was lying down, so I was able to sleep. Today it is an off and on thing, not so much sitting but comes and goes while standing. If I burp it gets really bad for a few seconds. Will be glad when it is gone.

The only thing that relieved those gas pains for me was a lot of walking. The more I walked, the lesser the pain was.

I was banded yesturday too! Really bloated and lots of gas! Everyone says to walk walk walk So thanks what I will do . How much walking?