Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reader discretion advised

I'm 12 days out. Day 6 I took some Milk of Magnesia and had a movement few hours later. And the heating pad helped with discomfort. I'm still gassy but it's better than right after surgery.

I took Miralax and colace but what does it for me every time is milk of magnesia every couple of days I am one month post op still have issues with this. I hope it helps.

SW309 SURGERY Date 1/26/2017 CURRENT WEIGHT 285

On 2/13/2017 at 3:16 PM, sprkins2 said:

Hi everyone, hope all is doing well. I didn't want to post this but I am not sure what else to do. I apologize for the uncomfortable topic but I figured if anyone would know it would be someone on here. Anyways, so I had my RnY on the 8th and have been having horrible gas pains for days now. I understand that this is normal. And I haven't had a bowel movement in days. I am so constipated it's painful. I have been using Miralax with my Protein shakes and been trying to increase my Water intake but I am just at a loss. What I want to know is, how long after surgery was it before you experienced a good bowel movement and how long did the gas pains last?

After surgery I did not go for a whole 7 days. I used stool softeners and more Water and I was good. Had more issues later down the road and had to eventually use suppositories, once I was able to eat veggi's I was regular and have been ever since

My nutritionist had me get Smooth Move tea before surgery. It works very well. In fact my girlfriend took a whole cup and couldn't leave the house for 2 days.

Im 4 days post op and dont think i have any solid waste to pass yet...At what point do you look into Constipation being an issue and not just not having any waste to pass.

About 2 weeks post op I was worried about blockage or twisting etc and took Milk of Magnesia equivalent. It worked like a charm in a few hours. I started incorporating Benefiber into my shakes when my diet plan was less restrictive, about 4 weeks post op, but I probably should have started it earlier.

About 2 weeks post op I was worried about blockage or twisting etc and took Milk of Magnesia equivalent. It worked like a charm in a few hours. I started incorporating Benefiber into my shakes when my diet plan was less restrictive, about 4 weeks post op, but I probably should have started it earlier.

I had surgery on May 10, 17...I had small "gassy fart sharts" lol but it's been 2 days and I used my 1 year old daughters gentle suppository to help me go, I bought liquid colace...but I couldn't get it down. Thought about the milk of magnesia, wasn't sure if it was a stimulant or if it would be to harsh right out of the gate. I too am concerned about Constipation but it's not like I'm eating solid foods, so why do you think our body should be putting out? Dr. Seems to think it will be fine and told me about the colace... just wanted to sympathize with someone else lol

I took a bisacodyl womens laxative. I made it a rule of thumb that if i dont have a bowl movement on the third day I have to take the laxative pill until I do. Follow direction on box. I had issues for the first two weeks. Then I also started taking a daily stool softener that has seemed to help a lot .

Yep, one week out and it was so bad I could barely walk and was down for a couple of days. Also added Docusate to the Miralax (which is what they gave me prior to a colonoscopy). Took a few days, but finally worked. Like everyone else, I just take something each day to keep things moving.