Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone use Dr Carlos Altamirano Cano in TJ?

9 hours ago, MissKay said:

Um plus there's this:

That's Dr. Almanza in the video. The original poster was asking about Dr. Altamarino. It seems like she has her mind made up to use Dr. A, so I wouldn't try to persuade her otherwise. I think it's good that you all tried to help.

Edited by NuHorizons

After researching extensively I decided to go with Dr. Altamirano Cano, most days he does 3 surgeries and max 4 . The hospital he is at has an amazing new wing for bariatric patients, he is real and honest and has an amazing aftercare reputation. The patient whom passed was because he and his mother failed to disclose serious information. He wore a CPAP at home, did not tell Dr A and did not bring it with him. What happened has been ruled not the fault of Dr. A or the hospital and the patients mother has stated this herself. We all take the risk with any surgery any where and it is our responsiblity to be honest with our provider of any current or past health issues so they are aware and prepared.

With that, if there are any other serious incidents that have happened at the hands of Dr. Altamirano Cano please share because I have not found any due to negligence on his part.

Look up YouTuber by the name of "Half tha Ash". She recently had surgery with Dr. Altamirano Cano and developed a leak about one week post op. She documented the experience and it was very scary to watch.

Edited by CarmellaX

On 9/1/2017 at 5:50 PM, CarmellaX said:

Look up YouTuber by the name of "Half tha Ash". She recently had surgery with Dr. Altamirano Cano and developed a leak about one week post op. She documented the experience and it was very scary to watch.

Ashlie who you are referring to is in Dr.A's Facebook group after hearing that this site was taking her YouTube and putting a negative spin on it she addressed the group live. Her leak was not because of her surgeon and it is in poor taste to use that as ammo to gain more clients.

10 hours ago, kmmschaefer said:

Ashlie who you are referring to is in Dr.A's Facebook group after hearing that this site was taking her YouTube and putting a negative spin on it she addressed the group live. Her leak was not because of her surgeon and it is in poor taste to use that as ammo to gain more clients.

What negative spin? It's her own content regarding her vsg experience. I don't have anything to gain from referencing her videos anyway. I'm not on anyone's payroll. If the leak was not a result of her surgery... then why doesn't her channel reflect that? Not sure what else could be to blame for her gastric leak one week post op besides her vsg surgery. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Besides.. people can watch her videos and make their own decision. The videos are public for a reason.

Edited by CarmellaX

Pictures speak louder than words. Here's both. This is a message I received via Facebook a few days ago.

Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 8.32.19 PM.png

I got a notification that someone replied to this post but it has been deleted?

Pictures speak louder than words. Here's both. This is a message I received via Facebook a few days ago.
59ac9f7c6889d_ScreenShot2017-09-03at8_32_19PM.png.c3fa0370e022f4e9a8a53ce4449632e8.png

Im so sorry that you lost your brother. I had a FANTASTIC experience in Mexico at BariatricPal. My surgeon was Dr Illan. I hope you choose to get the surgery for yourself. I think it is very unlikely you will get it ANYWHERE for free. Frankly I would be terrified of any surgeon who agreed to that.

5' 5"
HW: 259
CW: 235
GOAL: Healthy and hard 140-ish?

Alex- I've seen that you had weight loss surgery and then started these weight loss sites for the purpose of encouragement, support and information. Since then it seems that you have opened your own facility and this site has become more of a way to steer traffic to your facility then to offer unbiased reviews of the Medical Tourism weight loss trade. Can you please steer me in the correct direction to see other reviews of other Dr's that are NOT affiliated with your facility? And those that have not contributed financially in any way, shape or form to this site or your pocket? As I text I keep getting pop ups of patients that have purchases some thing or other from bariatricpal. I would really love to see some unbiased reviews.

On 1/22/2018 at 5:44 PM, LIB67 said:

Alex- I've seen that you had weight loss surgery and then started these weight loss sites for the purpose of encouragement, support and information. Since then it seems that you have opened your own facility and this site has become more of a way to steer traffic to your facility then to offer unbiased reviews of the Medical Tourism weight loss trade. Can you please steer me in the correct direction to see other reviews of other Dr's that are NOT affiliated with your facility? And those that have not contributed financially in any way, shape or form to this site or your pocket? As I text I keep getting pop ups of patients that have purchases some thing or other from bariatricpal. I would really love to see some unbiased reviews.

I see this is your first post. Welcome to BariatricPal!

There are over 4,000 topics in just this specific Mexico forum. The majority of these topics aren't about surgeons that are affiliated with BariatricPal or the newly launched BariatricPal Hospital in MX. We make no secret of the fact that we own and operate BariatricPal Hospital MX. I'm actually quite proud of this undertaking.

Unlike other WLS patient support sites (OH), we do not take any money from Bariatric surgeons, in the US or Mexico that are listed in our surgeon directory. We never have and never plan on it. It's not publicized info but BariatricPal has done away with any and all Bariatric surgeon marketing and promotion for quite some time now. WIthin the US and elsewhere.

I've been involved in the medical tourism industry for well over a decade now. There are some extremely talented and skilled surgeons in Mexico. There are also a few surgeons that have SERIOUSLY made a HUGE dent in Mexico's medical tourism reputation. Yes, I'm specifically referring to Dr. Carlos Altamirano, Dr. Mario Almanza, and Dr. Ramos Kelly just to name a few.

I'm not sure what relevance the store pop-ups have to do with the topic you posted in? We sell over 1500 Bariatric products to Bariatric patients. We don't take money from Bariatric surgeons or the Bariatric Pharma companies. I personally funded this community as a hobby for many many years. I decided a few years ago to stop and actually make the site self-sufficient. Customers have the ability to post negative and positive product reviews. We post ALL product reviews, no matter if they're good or bad.

Search and read some more. You'll surely find the info you're looking for.

Alex- thanks for the response. I am all about capitalism but I am always weary when it's something like this. I will continue to do some research here as I am hoping to schedule surgery within the next day or 2.