Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When are you being banded?

Hi guys

For those that are being banded good luck!

Julieann41 - this is a pretty good site to get information from. I'm from London but got banded in Belgium on the 8th October, if you want to talk just PM me.

I'm feeling pretty good as well, just the port and gas annoying me, I still feel pretty swollen but it is going down all the time.

Keep your fluids up.

hi im saira im getting banded some time between know and march as im on a waiting list at moment i am very nerves sorry about my spelling im just wondering if for rest of life after banding will i be able to eat like normal foods what we take for granted from day to day and eat like a baby all life i have soo many questions but dont know who to ask who to speak to as i think im the first asian girl in my family to be banded no one that i know is banded in my relatives friends ther for i like to know lots of things about the band im on this webb site every day know since iv been put on the waiting list cant go to chat rooms just thinking about the lapband as im in ill health i need this band desperatly

Hellon Saira,

I assume you are on an NHS waiting list somewhere. That being the case there should be an Obesity Nursing Consultant advising you of everything that you will need to do. Meantime, I suggest you go to Gord centre - Home. this is the site associated with the consultant who performed my procedure last week, Mr John Rogers.

For the first 2 weeks after the p you will be on a liquid diet: tea, coffee, milk, actimel yogurt, thin Soups, liquidised fruit and vegetables etc. Basically, anything that can be sucked up a straw. The following two weeks will be on slighter thicker Soups e.g. broth without lumps. Aftrer this settling phase you can move on to more solid food eg scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes until you know what you can and can't tolerate.

It will take time as you mustn't stretch the band which will cause it to fail and can be unbearably uncomfortable. In time you will find that you can eat anything at all with a few exceptions, as long as you eat small portions, cut up into little pieces, chewed thoroughly and eaten slowly to allow you time to become comfortably full.

It's not all bleak, life will change for the better. The alternative is to stay fat, get fatter and become very ill.

Try not to worry, but you must insist that whoever is performing this procedure for you, keeps you fully informed of all the pros and cons. Also, ask if you can have the MiniMiser band fitted which is the one proving most effective in tests. See the website details above. It's the one I've had fitted.

As of this morning I have lost 13lbs in one week. Joy and bliss divine.

x

Hello everyone,

I had my post-operative consultation yesterday - all is well, I've lost 8.5kgs since 12 October. I shall be having my first (and probably only) fill on 1 December at The Princess Grace Hospital. I'm now on thicker Soups up to 9 November when I can start to experiment with solids.

So far I have found the going very easy, I think this is helped by the thought of the cost, the pain I could expect to be in if I over-ate and the fact that I already look different. I'm getting my face back, my trousers are already looser, the sciatica and shinsplint pains have gone and I feel bl88dy marvellous!

woo hoo Racing Snake! Congrats on the weight loss so far. I'm glad your having a good experience.

My weight loss has been at a standstill for the last 2 weeks but I'm not worried as I haven't put on. I'm due for my fill on the 9th which I will be grateful for :). At the moment I'm treating this like a holiday and I'm not being as strict as I could be but I've started going to the gym again.