Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attack of the Killer PB

Last night I had my worst PB, slime and all. I'm the girl that felt left out because I never PB, then BOOM, it was awful. I'm coming down with the crud so I was on cold medicine. I think I know what I did wrong - I waited too late to eat dinner. I went shopping after work and shopped till I literally dropped into a chair at 10 p.m., super hungry, with my plate of the same old food I always eat (chicken, refris, tort chips.) I chewed really well, but I must have swallowed too fast. I only got a few bites in. An hour later I was really hungry, but Michelle's voice was in my head saying, "only liquids for a couple days." Well, I opted for a piece of fudge, which slid right on down. Not a good choice, but I was so hungry and there was nothing else soft around (a little Christmas fib.) Today I will try to stick with liquids (chocolate is a liquid cuz it melts.)

Congratulations Lisa ... Ha Ha

Seroiously , sorry to hear you had a PB but atleast you know your band is still working right? That is a good thing!

Your concerns for erosion should be at ease a little bit now, if you were eroded , anything and everything would be sliding down that hatch with no pain, no slime.

I'm so glad you heard my voice..I hope you listen to it :) What I experienced after my major PB was NO fun at all! Just think with you doing soft foods and liquids today, you will have cushion for tomorrows goodies without any weight gain..pretty good huh?

Ok since I don't have a fill yet, I shouldn't have to worry about pb, right? Also, once I'm filled Jan 10, does that pb thing happen right away or is there a warning, I had more tonight than I've had since Dec 4. Sucked the creame out of a creampuff, chicken salad and some well chewed crackers. Did I over do it?

Michelle, do I get a special "I PB-d today" sticker? I took it easy all morning, but I ate in the afternoon. I'm cracking up cuz I feel like a big pig today. But that's hysterical considering I didn't belly up to the feeding trough for a huge meal. Normally on holidays, I eat several enormous plates of food. Big whoopie, I ate 2 Cookies, chips and a couple brownies. That's childsplay compared to my old ways!!!!!!

And I went to the Avenue - AND THEIR SIZE 20S ARE TOO BIG! I bought three pairs of SIZE 18 JEANS TODAY. I must be dreaming. There's no way in hell I'm in an 18. I realize The Avenue cuts their jeans really big, but that's the size I bought. I think sleep in them tonight!

DeLarla, I love your bitch threads!

Welcome to the real world (of bandster life)...and to think you were missing out on all the fun until now. I have pb`ed into public bins at the mall, pb`ed over myself while driving (note: always have a container in the car, much better than a bag), pb`ed into drink containers in shops....well you get the picture. I just think that people can damn well conclude that Im pregnant or something when I do these things because there aint no way I can stop it once it comes!

Aint life grand!

I still love my band, no matter what

I can't imagine having a PB in public! I walk around the house with my eyes spinning in circles pounding my chest. I have so few that hubby does't "get it" so he stands there talking to me, trying to have a conversation. I keep telling him "go away, I'm having a bad moment" but he's right there, in my face. Now he keeps telling me that he's having a PB (he's a skinny guy with no band.) He eats too fast so food goes down wrong all the time. Geeze, can't I even have a PB without him trying to outdo me?

pb`ed over myself while driving

lol, I actually thought I was the only one that has ever done this! :)

Okay, I'm not trying to be mean, but have you ladies considered pulling over and PB-ing in the curb? That's supposed to make you laugh.

lol... it does Lisa!!!

But this happened to me when we were taking a trip, on the intersate doing about 75mph. No time to pull over.

It was one of those moments (like she said) that there was NO stopping it. (I know, how gross.)

All I could do was... never mind, thats TOO many details!

That can't be pretty, Paula! I think if we have to PB, it should be worth a pound of weight loss. Where can I make this suggestion?

I know how you feel!! I was trying to have a couple of bites of a Breakfast sandwich on my way to work about 3 weeks ago and after only the first teeny, tiny bite that was meticulously chewed, I felt like PB-ing. And it was a choice of doing it all over myself or on the curb right in front of the smokers at work. Needless to say, the preggers rumors started almost immediately!!

Mmmmm.... she said "cream puff." Last night I reverted to the mushie stage. I didn't have to, but it was a good excuse for pumpkin pie and whipped cream. I'll be good after the holidays - Easter is right around the corner!

Now every time I see a sick pregnant woman I'm going to tell her to stick with liquids for three days after she barfs.

Have you noticed that there are many different types of pb. My fav. is where it just comes out after some momentum, it does all the work itself. You get some time to excuse yourself from company, and no one is the wiser. To me its the most lady like of all the pbs. The one I absolutely hate is the one where you feel like you are getting stabbed in the chest while simutaniously having a heart attack. The pb is all hard work and often nothing but slime comes up for all your efforts. This is where I usually start praying/ swearing.

The other day in Subways I felt a pb coming on. There were no toilets. I never took my eyes off my kids drink the whole time. Lucky for them it passed.

Well gang, I can hardly wait for this "pb" experience. You all have given me so much to look forward too. Yuk! Since I have not experienced the revelations you have mentioned, I assume this happens after my first fill. I have noticed if I eat too fast, my pain is in my back, not my chest.

I may never eat again, after the Jan 10th fill.

Oh yea, Jack, I do think that would be considered the mushy stage.