Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

how are the people getting on who recently got banded xx

Not been on here for maybe a year! Was banded by chris just over 2 years ago.. Been great apart from now with the acid reflux.. Hopefully will get to root of the problem. Been to docs today to organise a barium X-ray .. Putting on weight cos had to have de fill. Hope everyone's getting on well new and old! X

Not sure of I count as recent- was banded in October last year. I'm super frustrated at the mo...had my third fill last week and went from 4.5cc to 6cc and feel no difference. :( so frustrated as I'm out if work right now and totally broke. Fred told me I should feel a real difference this time and it should last me a few months.

Arghhhhhh!

Apart from that, no complaints, lol.

Sorry guys, just frustrated today. I'm sure I'll perk up soon.

Not sure of I count as recent- was banded in October last year. I'm super frustrated at the mo...had my third fill last week and went from 4.5cc to 6cc and feel no difference. sad.png so frustrated as I'm out if work right now and totally broke. Fred told me I should feel a real difference this time and it should last me a few months.

Arghhhhhh!

Apart from that, no complaints, lol.

Sorry guys, just frustrated today. I'm sure I'll perk up soon.

hi gillian nice to see you back on did you get to your goal weight,was it you who got banded with your sis big sister if so how is she doing,candece i feel sorry for you hun but just bear with it my last fill and didnt feel too much different but then it tightened itself i was being sick nearly everyday and now only eat Soup i hope it does tighten a bit for you,if not hun you might need a bit more as i have i think 6.75 in mine,i know what you mean about the money it is so hard at the min pity our fill docs wouldnt give us a big discount and do our fills for £50 lol xx

Hi, yes was me and my 'big sister' banded same day. Never got to target weight cos of probs I had, but didn't really put much back on which was good. Big sister same. She has about 6.5 in, I have about 4. I went up to 6.5 and was being sick/sliming every day, I lost the weight but think the tightness and the constant throwing up caused my hiatus hernia/acid reflux So my eagerness to get tighter too quick caused my probs.. So please don't do what I did.if you find yourself 'gurgling' after drinking and at night in bed and it doesn't go off after 2 weeks or so, it's prob too tight..it's been really frustrating.. But wish I'd took it slower. My 'sweet spot' by the way was 6.. Everyone's different.. And as you lose your weight your sweet spot changes cos the actual fat round your stomach reduces..(like a ring on your finger) good luck everyone.. But be patient.. Even if it takes 3 years.. Better than hitting problems! X

Hi, yes was me and my 'big sister' banded same day. Never got to target weight cos of probs I had, but didn't really put much back on which was good. Big sister same. She has about 6.5 in, I have about 4. I went up to 6.5 and was being sick/sliming every day, I lost the weight but think the tightness and the constant throwing up caused my hiatus hernia/acid reflux So my eagerness to get tighter too quick caused my probs.. So please don't do what I did.if you find yourself 'gurgling' after drinking and at night in bed and it doesn't go off after 2 weeks or so, it's prob too tight..it's been really frustrating.. But wish I'd took it slower. My 'sweet spot' by the way was 6.. Everyone's different.. And as you lose your weight your sweet spot changes cos the actual fat round your stomach reduces..(like a ring on your finger) good luck everyone.. But be patient.. Even if it takes 3 years.. Better than hitting problems! X

good to see you back and nice to hear the weight isnt going back on,but i agree gradual is best im gonna get 75ml out in the next couple of months to see if i can eat a bit more normal foods as i only eat at night and mainly Soup, i dont mind too much but hubby moaning and wants me to eat more lol hope you guys are all ok

does anyone know what dates they have in Edinburgh in march or april for a fill?

hi hun 22nd march and 19th april in edingburgh xx

Hi

I'm new to this forum so not sure if I'm doing this right... please re-direct if necessary.

I've been considering (and researching) a band for two years now on and off, always being put off by what could go wrong and not having the money. I'm now able to afford the surgery, but I keep going through bouts of being on the edge of booking a consultation, then thinking I must be mad to actually put myself through this procedure and worry about the future with a band.

I'm 28 and have a few illnesses which are all related to my weight including severe clinical depression, PCOS, asthma, eczema and intracranial hypertension (pressure on the brain). Every time I see either my GP or neurologists, they "remind" me that I need to lose weight.

I've been overweight since I was around 10 years old, so that's nearly two thirds of my life which I find so sad. I'm even too scared to look at how much I weigh as it gets me into really low moods for weeks at a time.

I've tried appetite suppressants, Xenical and Metformin with no real success. Also been to see a dietician a few times which to me isn't very helpful as I'm a vegetarian and don't tend to eat conventionally "fatty" foods.

New years eve was particularly hard for me as I tend to assess where I am in life, and to be honest 2011 was a really crap year, particularly as I had split with my partner of six years because I couldn't stand him touching me the way I am.

I really want to lose this weight for myself. My ideal situation is allowing friends and family to take a single picture of me! The last picture of me was from when I was in school!!

I'm sorry that I'm rambling and probably giving too much information! I guess I'd just like to know if anyone else went through these same doubts or personal problems that I have?

Thanks

S

Hi

I'm new to this forum so not sure if I'm doing this right... please re-direct if necessary.

I've been considering (and researching) a band for two years now on and off, always being put off by what could go wrong and not having the money. I'm now able to afford the surgery, but I keep going through bouts of being on the edge of booking a consultation, then thinking I must be mad to actually put myself through this procedure and worry about the future with a band.

I'm 28 and have a few illnesses which are all related to my weight including severe clinical depression, PCOS, asthma, eczema and intracranial hypertension (pressure on the brain). Every time I see either my GP or neurologists, they "remind" me that I need to lose weight.

I've been overweight since I was around 10 years old, so that's nearly two thirds of my life which I find so sad. I'm even too scared to look at how much I weigh as it gets me into really low moods for weeks at a time.

I've tried appetite suppressants, Xenical and Metformin with no real success. Also been to see a dietician a few times which to me isn't very helpful as I'm a vegetarian and don't tend to eat conventionally "fatty" foods.

New years eve was particularly hard for me as I tend to assess where I am in life, and to be honest 2011 was a really crap year, particularly as I had split with my partner of six years because I couldn't stand him touching me the way I am.

I really want to lose this weight for myself. My ideal situation is allowing friends and family to take a single picture of me! The last picture of me was from when I was in school!!

I'm sorry that I'm rambling and probably giving too much information! I guess I'd just like to know if anyone else went through these same doubts or personal problems that I have?

Thanks

S

hi hun reading your quote,you sound like you have answered your own question of needing a band,and you are at your lowest point that is how i was i put on a lot of weight it came between me and my partner as you said i didnt want him to see me big or touch me and i felt like i just couldnt go on the way i was and deal with my day to day life,for me i felt like i had to get the band and if any problems aroused they couldnt be worse than the way i felt,but now my confidence is soaring and i feel great and i think it's the best decision ive made im so happy with my life now.has your gp said it would be safe for you getting the band with your health problems,the good thing is it would eliminate alot of them and you would be on top of the world hun,i dont eat red meats but i have a sweet tooth that was my downfall and night time eating lol any more questions just ask xx

That's right, if your doctor agrees its safe to do this, then it would ease or solve a lot of your problems, mentally and phisicly.. All my physical problems started to disappear and my mental health improved with the confidence I got.. I felt good because it was something I'd done to help myself..I can work a physical job now and have no aches pains or depression, Im back in the human race!.. I had my band done more than 3 years and yes I've had a few problems but they far outweigh the problems I would have had without the surgery.. If its safe for you, then go for it..you sound like youre in a dark place.. It will make your life brighter..good luck x

Hi

Thanks

S

Hello i have PcOs and have had problems concieving and thats why i got the band, so far no babies but the weight has come off! I know now I am heathier than I was a year ago. I am being really careful what I eat lots of oliy fish for the omena oils and vegetables. I still feel like its the best thing i ever done, I am maybe getting too old for babies now but at least i have given it mybest shot. I found everything went really well with chris he was really nice when i got to beligum and the nurses where lovely. if you call the office land line 0208 1444 254 they will talk you through everything and book your hotel for you over there, and just give you back up if your worried about anything. But don't worry about chris he is really good and you can see him in the UK afterwards.

I have found with the band that i feel less hungery and really that was the only way forward for me because I had tried verything else.

Hi

Thanks

S

bless you I feel the same i can't remember not looking at my self and not feeling fat so i think i was about 8 when i started to be over weight. It is good booking wth chris because of the uk office you can call when your worried about anything, which is better than many in the uk because you don't always get to talk to someone who knows everything when you call some large hosptital in the Uk. Don't worry about aftercare you just see chris in the Uk I go to london but other girls on here go to other places.

Hi All

Thank you all so much for your kind responses.

I think it would be safe for the band as my PCOS consultant has suggested a few times that he thinks I should get a band but the usual NHS funding would probably be impossible, which is understandable given the state of the economy. My GP is pretty much useless whenever I go see him, with the standard "eat less and exercise more" routine. My PCOS consultant who has been trying to help me with my weight as well, actually said I should stop worrying so much about my weight as it's affecting my mental health and relationships. That's pretty hard to do though when every other health professional I see really lashes into me about my size, although your worst enemy is always yourself. It's catch 22 isn't it? rolleyes.gif

Slinky: It's good to hear you're a lot happier and confident smile.png You look really good, well done! My downfall is quavers!

Gillian: I'm glad things have worked out for you after a few set backs. I guess that's one thing doctors are right about, shifting the weight will make most illnesses better. You also look amazing and so happy! smile.png

Julie: I'm so pleased for you rolleyes.gif PCOS is in itself so frustrating, even if you happen to be one of the skinny sufferers. I really wish you the best of success in starting your family. It's never too late. Even though I'm still fairly young, I too worry about never conceiving. I know if an overweight person does happen to get pregnant, it's always a high risk to the mother and child.

Jane: Thank you. It gives you hope to see someone has been in your shoes before. I take it you've had surgery? Did everything go smoothly for you? Your words are really encouraging, especially about Chris and the UK office being easily contacted. I do worry, that if and when I tell my mum (who has even worse depression and health problems than me) she'll try to talk me out of it, especially with the operation being abroad.

I feel as though I'm on a see-saw atm. I think I am going to go for it, I just need to to find the courage! How did you all approach this subject with your families?

Thank you again and take care

Sarah xx

Hi All

Thank you all so much for your kind responses.

I think it would be safe for the band as my PCOS consultant has suggested a few times that he thinks I should get a band but the usual NHS funding would probably be impossible, which is understandable given the state of the economy. My GP is pretty much useless whenever I go see him, with the standard "eat less and exercise more" routine. My PCOS consultant who has been trying to help me with my weight as well, actually said I should stop worrying so much about my weight as it's affecting my mental health and relationships. That's pretty hard to do though when every other health professional I see really lashes into me about my size, although your worst enemy is always yourself. It's catch 22 isn't it? rolleyes.gif

Slinky: It's good to hear you're a lot happier and confident smile.png You look really good, well done! My downfall is quavers!

Gillian: I'm glad things have worked out for you after a few set backs. I guess that's one thing doctors are right about, shifting the weight will make most illnesses better. You also look amazing and so happy! smile.png

Julie: I'm so pleased for you rolleyes.gif PCOS is in itself so frustrating, even if you happen to be one of the skinny sufferers. I really wish you the best of success in starting your family. It's never too late. Even though I'm still fairly young, I too worry about never conceiving. I know if an overweight person does happen to get pregnant, it's always a high risk to the mother and child.

Jane: Thank you. It gives you hope to see someone has been in your shoes before. I take it you've had surgery? Did everything go smoothly for you? Your words are really encouraging, especially about Chris and the UK office being easily contacted. I do worry, that if and when I tell my mum (who has even worse depression and health problems than me) she'll try to talk me out of it, especially with the operation being abroad.

I feel as though I'm on a see-saw atm. I think I am going to go for it, I just need to to find the courage! How did you all approach this subject with your families?

Thank you again and take care

Sarah xx

hi saz i got to a real bad point were i felt almost suicidal and my family realised how my weight was affecting me hubby wanted me to diet and walk more, but it just didnt work for me,every time i lost a bit of weight i would just gain it back again it just wouldnt go,so i told my hubby wether he wanted me too get it or not i was going for it i had mentally agreed to it and my mind was set i started saving in secret and when he saw i was that determened he booked it for me and took me over lol.I know all surgery can be dangerous but its keyhole surgery and he hasnt had and fatalities,dr chris is one of the buisiest surgeons in europe and so very experienced that is why i trusted him and so pleased i did,make the decision on what is best for you hun,its your life and well being and just stick to it,you will find once you have it done your family will come around anyway,have a look on professional beauty web page they work with dr chris as well hun and are based in the uk,and you can get your fills in manchester it works out about 4200 euros for your hotel,taxis and surgery good luck hun