Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Thanks ladies, I went back into the bank and thought I was doomed when I seen the same girl on. Anyway I asked her again about the transfer and she was still a bit on the confused side so I asked to speak to someone else, she got the manager and right enough I can transfer the money :eek: What a div!! He apologised and let me transfer the deposit free instead of the usual £19.50......result :) so thats it all done, yippeeee!!

I loved reading that post fattypatty, you sound so very positive and I wish you all the best in trying for your miracle baby :) I had a baby just 6 weeks ago and when I fell pregnant my midwife, although happy for me was really quite negative when it came to my weight but I got there, lost my appetite all through the pregnancy and 2 weeks later it came back like nothing on earth :) I am also getting excited for the future now but thinks im gonna have my xmas dinner early this year :)

xxx

Thank you & good luck to you Charlene x

What a lovely post FP, if i didnt have a band already I would go for one after your positive remarks.

I am only losing a pound a week, but at least its coming off. Since July I have only lost 12lbs, but I tell myself its almost a stone.

I dont diet, I eat exactly what I want to, thats why.

i cant eat much but really enjoy what I eat.

i would like the weight loss to be faster, but I cant always eat healthy stuff, so i have to be thankful that I am losing at least.

Charlene, so glad you got the bank sorted, silly girl isnt she, bet the manager wasnt happy with her.

Thanks Freckles, you have done really well.

I will be glad to get to a continual 1lb a week rather than the big gaps of nothing, but I do love my food x

Thanx FP, I love food too, I spose we all do or we wouldnt be here lol.

before you get the band you just dont realise how much food is part of your life.

I dont ever go out for meals anymore, cos I couldnt eat one and it frustrates me, but I look forward to the day when I can.

It may seem silly, but from having just a 3ml de-fill last year before we went to Austraiia, the difference it made. i could drink wine with my meals, and could eat anything albeit, very small portions, which was good because I hardly put any weight on in the 3 weeks we were away, so thats my goal.

Then when I get the defill I will be able to eat sensibly (God I hate that word lol) and just have a little treat now and again and not gain weight.

Hello Newbies, those booked and those still contemplating it,

My hubby did the deposit transfer online and it was straight forward, no probs at all.

As for concerns of the op and whether you are doing the right thing, I think I can safetly say that we all felt like that.

For me personally this site, well this thread, has been an absolute godsend for me.

My decision to have the op was made based on what I had read on here, and it is, without a doubt, the single best decision I have ever made to change my life for the better.

A gastric band is something that I had thought of for a number of years, but having looked at the costs to have done here in the UK was just not possible for me, but I was totally intrigued by Fern Britton's success so it was always in the back of my mind.

Anyway after a particularly dark period in my life from around October last year over my inability to conceive (I have PCOS) and the constant battle with weight after putting back on an additional stone as well as the 3.5st I had lost on the Cambridge, I joked to my best friend in February that I needed someone to wire my jaw, because I just couldn't see anyway of losing and keeping off the 8st required for us to have IVF, and at 33 then the clock was ticking.

Anyhow she remembered someone who'd had the op 2 years before and lost 6st, so she called her, and found out she had it done in Belgium by Dr Chris De Bruyne.

My immediate reaction was, there is no way I'd go to Belgium for surgery, but when I googled Dr Chris and found this forum, read hundreds of pages of truthful experiences and successes, I posted and asked some questions and I had my op just 3 weeks later.

The last 6 months since the op have been a huge learning curve, and although I am not even halfway through my weight loss journey yet, I have never felt so positive about the future, knowing that I will achieve my goal weight and more importantly that I will be a mummy one day, and trust me I have battled for both since I was 19 years old and I'm 34 now.

So, to anyone undecided, I would say go for it, it's not the quick fix that the media claim, you do have to work at it too but it is definitely worth it.

Good luck to all of you

C x

what a result charlene silly peep well at least you got it done for free,it takes a couple of day for freddy to recieve it so email him around fri and ask has he received it,fp what a lovley inspiring story,i love reading things like this it brightens up my day:smile2:.i read in a book it bad to keep saying or telling yourself that your losing weight,it has a negative effect on our brain,because no-one whats to lose anything keys,money etc,so i keep telling myself im changing my body shape for the better and getting healthier and i think it working a wee bit anyway lol:thumbup:

there defo is somthing in losing weight lots of people i know who have gone on diets,end up getting pregnant and everytime i diet and start feeling great about myself i have fell pregnant,so i have no doubt your turn will definatley come fb and well done on your weight loss up till now.Freckles i think your weightloss is good and steady which is a good thing and you get to eat what you enjoy,what more could you ask for:lol:lol,lucky you,and just think you will be at goal before you know it xx:thumbup:

I love food too, I spose we all do or we wouldnt be here lol.

food was never my issue just the lack of activity due to my knee. So not all of us are here because of food. I do put my hand up to liking chocolate and a good glass of red wine!

I was never the 3am fridge grazer the NHS Consultant labelled me as as I am so busy and used to be fast asleep. One of my clients actually said to me that she didn't think I ate enough (she's a nutritonist). When I tried a high Protein diet with low carbs I lost quite a lot of weight (3 stone) but then gradually after the knee op just couldn't maintain the loss or add to it.

Since the band I have cut out alcohol, foods such as Pasta, bread, chocolate, bananas, steak, rice krispies.

I only seem to have Soup, chicken, lots of vegetables, brown rice, weetabix, porridge, pureed fruits (baby range),

stews, chilli, I had chicken fajitas minus the wraps the other evening.

Again I have noticed that when I manage to eat a proper meal (very small portion) I lose slightly more in the week.

Our bodies need good, quality, highly nutritious fuel in order to function.

there defo is somthing in losing weight lots of people i know who have gone on diets,end up getting pregnant and everytime i diet and start feeling great about myself i have fell pregnant,so i have no doubt your turn will definatley come fb and well done on your weight loss up till now.Freckles i think your weightloss is good and steady which is a good thing and you get to eat what you enjoy,what more could you ask for:lol:lol,lucky you,and just think you will be at goal before you know it xx:thumbup:

So there could be another one on the way for you soon then Slinks! ; )

So there could be another one on the way for you soon then Slinks! ; )

no way fp i alway have probs having them at the birth i had to get done 5 is enough lol im too old he he:tt2:

Thank you Slinx for your encouragement.

Sorry Claire for judging I didnt mean to,the thing is I was never a huge eater, just a grazer, and not at 3am either, I mean in the daytime.

You see so many obese peoples stories in magazines etc, and the amount of food they used to eat, before they went on this diet or that or had surgery, that is something Joe public associates with obesity, large amounts of food, it is like you say sometimes not true.

I only started putting on weight when I retired from my job. When I was working I always watched what I ate but since finishing I didnt, simple as that.

Hi there everyone

I've still not put those photos on lol! I will one day I promise!! We're busy looking for somewhere to move to as my husband has a new job in Turkey. Freckles - I think we'll be moving somewhere a bit nearer my mum so maybe we could meet up in the spring with ur beautiful little granddaughter?

The weight is still stuck, I will get the de-fill and fill when we're sorted. There's just a lot of expense at the moment too!! At least it's not going on that's the main thing.

I read about Garry's problems - poor thing. I saw on Facebook he was in hospital but didn't realise it was band related. I f ur reading this Garry - I hope ur sorted and ur band isn't naughty again!!:smile:

Hi Sweety! How are you getting on? Im a newbie on here :rolleyes:Im not banded yet but I am thinking of going to Belgium next month to get it done.. Did you go with Dr Chris? Where did you stay? Tell me all hun I hope your fully recovered and doing great xxx:thumbup:

Hi hunnybee

I am getting banded next week with Dr Chris really nervous:unsure: and I am staying in the Campanile Vilvoorde so will keep you updated. x x

Hi Sammy great to see you here again chick. Moving?? I thought you were gonna say Turkey then?

So is Nigel flying for a Turkish airline, I spose he is. Wouldnt you move there?

Well that would be lovely to see you again, and the gorgeous children, maybe we could meet up at Regis lol.

I know what you mean about the money, I was gonna get a defill before Christmas, but now I'm thinking maybe not cos of the cost.

Take care sweetpea xxx

My daughter gets banded in 10 days and she's so excited.

I'm looking forward to lazing in the hotel watching dvds lol.

I said I would go collect her from the hospital the next day and she has said not to, as her taxi will be provided :cursing:

I will stay with her all of op day until she wants to sleep ...if they'll allow it, does anyone know if they will?

btw how much is a taxi from the hotel to hospital?

My daughter gets banded in 10 days and she's so excited.

I'm looking forward to lazing in the hotel watching dvds lol.

I said I would go collect her from the hospital the next day and she has said not to, as her taxi will be provided :cursing:

I will stay with her all of op day until she wants to sleep ...if they'll allow it, does anyone know if they will?

btw how much is a taxi from the hotel to hospital?[/they will allow you stay freckles,and there is a cafe upstairs not too sure about taxi maybe 10-15euro i think hun xx:rolleyes2:

ahh thanx Slinx, at least I can get a cuppa.

That's about £8 or £14 or so isnt it, expensive, but I hear Belgium is dear.

I thought the hospital was quite near to the hotel, but it must'nt be within walking distance then?