Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

:thumbup:Hi

OliverDog - Good luck. Look forward to an update when you get back.

Good luck to anyone else off to Brussels this week.

hI Debs, hope your well and still losing the pounds,i went back to work last week and felt fine, still a little tender, but stitches came out on saturday so that felt a bit better.

Still on the soft foods and tonight tried a little shepherds pie delicssssssssss naughty i know but well i needed a little comfort food fed up with Soup still cant do scrambeled egg but hey who cares well not right anyhow haha.

still having probs with my meds as i have to crush them up with a pestle and mortar then add to a youghurt disgusting eugh!! is anyone taking any vitiamins i am thinking i maybe should be but not sure what? if anyone out there has any sugestions i am open to hearing.

speak soon take good care of yourself.

Angel :lol:

Hi all,

I am due banding on the 17th November. Not sure who to get aftercare with as I have no idea what the average amount of fills people need on average and over what time span they need this, 12, 24 or 36 months? Would love to hear from those that have had it done for a while to try and guage an idea on what to expect, thanks all

MiaBlue

Hiya Angel

It's only been over two weeks and I am finding that I can eat anything. I am eat small amounts. I just feel like I am on a diet and I am literally just sticking to WILL POWER, which I do not have enough of. I'm going back to work next week. I had a big prob with allergies (nothing to do with op) and only just managed to sort them out. I'm literally bleeding allergic to everything now lol

You keep up the good work.

I've lost around 12lbs but I'm a bit worried about being able to eat anything. I make sure it is well chewed.

Can anyone tell me - could I do damage to the band. I think if I could get a fill now I would. I don't even feel like there is anything there, apart from an occasional twinge where the port is.

Debs

:thumbup:Hi
OliverDog - Good luck. Look forward to an update when you get back.

Good luck to anyone else off to Brussels this week.

hI Debs, hope your well and still losing the pounds,i went back to work last week and felt fine, still a little tender, but stitches came out on saturday so that felt a bit better.

Still on the soft foods and tonight tried a little shepherds pie delicssssssssss naughty i know but well i needed a little comfort food fed up with Soup still cant do scrambeled egg but hey who cares well not right anyhow haha.

still having probs with my meds as i have to crush them up with a pestle and mortar then add to a youghurt disgusting eugh!! is anyone taking any vitiamins i am thinking i maybe should be but not sure what? if anyone out there has any sugestions i am open to hearing.

speak soon take good care of yourself.

Angel :lol:

Hi there I take bassets soft and chewy Vitamins you get them from Boots. Jx:smile2:

Hiya Angel

It's only been over two weeks and I am finding that I can eat anything. I am eat small amounts. I just feel like I am on a diet and I am literally just sticking to WILL POWER, which I do not have enough of. I'm going back to work next week. I had a big prob with allergies (nothing to do with op) and only just managed to sort them out. I'm literally bleeding allergic to everything now lol

I've lost around 12lbs but I'm a bit worried about being able to eat anything. I make sure it is well chewed.

Can anyone tell me - could I do damage to the band. I think if I could get a fill now I would. I don't even feel like there is anything there, apart from an occasional twinge where the port is.

Debs

Hi there its only been a couple of weeks since your op and you are supposed to wait at least 4weeks before getting a fill as you are still healing inside and can do damage by getting a fill too early, wls dont even like doing them unless your 6 weeks post op. Beleive me there is good reason for this. I know your anxious to start having some restriction but remember this is not a race and over time you will see and feel a difference. Good luck Jx:smile2:

Oliverdog P is also coughing a lot and thinks its more to do with tubes etc during the op. She hopes you are well and is sorry she missed you at the airport. Jx

Hi all, I so enjoy reading the support you all have for each other. I have read a few times about injections please can someone explain this to me as I am looking to have the band in about 4 weeks time? Do you have to inject yourself?

Thanks

JB

Hi all, I so enjoy reading the support you all have for each other. I have read a few times about injections please can someone explain this to me as I am looking to have the band in about 4 weeks time? Do you have to inject yourself?

Thanks

JB

Hi JB

Do you mean the injections they give you after your op? If so then you do give them to yourself they help to stop your blood clotting or something. Its for 5 days after i think and they give you the needle already filled and ready to go, you just stick them in your stomach no precision required. They are only small and dont hurt.

Carrie

Hi Jerseybean.

The injections are part of it. You get one the day of surgery, one the day after (Discharge day) and then you are given 5 syringes (prefilled) to do yourself--one daily for the next five days.

I think we all were a little nervous about that but, believe me when I say it was not a problem at all. It's heparin and does not sting going in. Giving the shot is as easy as pulling up a bit of stomach fat and sticking the needle in.

If you have someone who will do it, that's fine too. But, I assure you, it was absolutely no problem to do.

Hi Carriejess and Chapamar,

I am sorry to say that will put me off the surgery in one hit. I do not do needles, so much so that when I have surgeries (unfortunately I have had over 40 op on my legs) they have to give me gas as I don't do needles.... help....

JB

Hi Jerseybean.

The injections are part of it. You get one the day of surgery, one the day after (Discharge day) and then you are given 5 syringes (prefilled) to do yourself--one daily for the next five days.

I think we all were a little nervous about that but, believe me when I say it was not a problem at all. It's heparin and does not sting going in. Giving the shot is as easy as pulling up a bit of stomach fat and sticking the needle in.

If you have someone who will do it, that's fine too. But, I assure you, it was absolutely no problem to do.

Hi Please dont worry I am a needle phobic and this was my worst fear, but I am on day 5 tomorrow with no problems and no pain, stick them in my fattest bit!! lol.... Homecare coughs getting better but now come out in an allergic reaction to the Patches covering my scars..... Hey ho onward and upward to day 10!! ha ha

Hi Please dont worry I am a needle phobic and this was my worst fear, but I am on day 5 tomorrow with no problems and no pain, stick them in my fattest bit!! lol.... Homecare coughs getting better but now come out in an allergic reaction to the Patches covering my scars..... Hey ho onward and upward to day 10!! ha ha

Hi Oliverdog,

Thanks for the encouragement, however, I still cannot see myself doing the injections!! I have asked a friend if she will but she just said NO!! So not sure where to go with this - Ideas anyone?????

I hope you get over the coughs and the scars heal so you can get rid of the patches. Good luck.

JB

Hi Debs, what you are experiencing is quiet normal, i spoke to susan today and she said she felt the same way as you and would have her fill done now, she is managing to eat most things, i tried some fish pie tonight and it went down ok i just hate this chewing business by the time the food gets down the rest is cold yuck i am starting to feel less satisfied with the food i am eating and feel quiet hungry just now, although i could only manage some crispbreads and chicken Soup yesterday and that was a struggle i take it it is all part of the healing process my wounds are healing well but a bit sore today ouch.:thumbup:

i have some time off tomorrow so i am going to rest, havent even thought about going to a gym yet eekkkk

I hope your alergies sort themselves out once you get on to an even keel with the eating , just keep going girl your doing great, i have been filling up on chicken oxo when i am really hungry so maybe you could give that a try :crying:

take good care and i will speak soon

Angel xxx

Hiya Angel

Debs

Hi Debs, what you are experiencing is quiet normal, i spoke to susan today and she said she felt the same way as you and would have her fill done now, she is managing to eat most things, i tried some fish pie tonight and it went down ok i just hate this chewing business by the time the food gets down the rest is cold yuck i am starting to feel less satisfied with the food i am eating and feel quiet hungry just now, although i could only manage some crispbreads and chicken Soup yesterday and that was a struggle i take it it is all part of the healing process my wounds are healing well but a bit sore today ouch.:thumbup:

i have some time off tomorrow so i am going to rest, havent even thought about going to a gym yet eekkkk

I hope your alergies sort themselves out once you get on to an even keel with the eating , just keep going girl your doing great, i have been filling up on chicken oxo when i am really hungry so maybe you could give that a try :crying:

Angel xxx

Hi Angel

Allergies all sorted. Had to go to a private bleeding GP to get an injection, but it'll last a year.

I've booked a fill with Wendy at WLS and I'm gonna go for the 12 month package which give lots of advice with nurses, dieticians and as many fills as you need that year. £699. I was gonna just pay for the fills as I need them but I though after spending all that money on the op another 700 is my little insurance policy to make sure I stay on track.

I'm gonna go back to the gym next week. I've a little exercise strider thing in my bedroom (otherwise known as the clothes horse) which I will wipe the dust off an use as well.

Also, I've been using bio oil on my scars and they are really healing up nicely. Nurse at GP said any oil will do.

Speak soon

Debd

Angel xxx

Angel

Where's your ticker? It's great watching the ticker moving in the right direction ..down lol

Debs:tt2: