Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hey Flirty - let us know how u get on with ur research! When i lost 5 and half stone about 6 years ago my tummy had lots of excess skin. I was only in my 20's and went to the gym 5 times a week so I am a bit worried about excess skin. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it though.

I can't believe how many newbies there are - it's great and ur in the right place! x

Hi Sammy just wondered if your skin went back or has it still stayed ermm flabby so to speak. how much have you lost so far hun. bet your hubby will notice the difference.

Thanks for replying Wishful. The reason I want a gastric band is becasue I have such a bad relationship with food. I have slimmed the conventional way in the past and felt great but it always slips back on again. Sooooooooooo I am hoping that if the band works it can help me contol my weight.

Can you are anyone who has had the op tell me how you felt after the band was fitted. When do you go for you first fill, and what on a normal day do you eat now?

My email address is jemimma.puddleduck@hotmail.co.uk, feel free to email.:cursing:

Hi Sammy just wondered if your skin went back or has it still stayed ermm flabby so to speak. how much have you lost so far hun. bet your hubby will notice the difference.

Hi Tanya. Whilst I kept the weight off the skin stayed quite saggy but more when I bent over or was on all 4's (keep it clean Garry!!):cursing:. As I've put the weight back on almost twice over it's not saggy but after a c-section and hopefully another 7 stone off I guess it will be saggy again. At least you can hide the sag and I'd rather have it than the excess weight. Flirtylass is looking at Tummy Tuck options so it'll be interesting to see how it goes.

I've only lost about 2 stone so far but I've only been banded just over 2 months. I think for a lot of people they lose quite a bit the 2-3 weeks after surgery and then it slows down until you start having fills as u don't have much/any restriction. I think I've lost about a stone in the last 10 days!!! Not recommended though as I was in quite a lot of discomfort (had a bit too much of a fill). It's calmed down a bit more today but I'm still experimenting with what I can eat. I have to say it hasn't been great for a few days as I was trying to get at least 800-1,000 cals in. I can eat more today though - just had 2 scrambled eggs and a piece of toast I chewed VERY well. I'm full now. I'm glad I can eat normal food again as I was living off skips, ice lollies, yogurt and a bit of chocolate (only since last fill) as they were they only things to go down!!

Thanks for replying Wishful. The reason I want a gastric band is becasue I have such a bad relationship with food. I have slimmed the conventional way in the past and felt great but it always slips back on again. Sooooooooooo I am hoping that if the band works it can help me contol my weight.

Can you are anyone who has had the op tell me how you felt after the band was fitted. When do you go for you first fill, and what on a normal day do you eat now?

My email address is jemimma.puddleduck@hotmail.co.uk, feel free to email.:cursing:

Hi Jemimma. I can empathise with everything you have said. It's just not fair eh? Well you are in the right place.

I had my band fitted just over 2 months ago. I felt discomfort for the first week or so but it really did get better everyday. It was much less painful than I had thought. Some people get gas in their shoulder but I only got this a couple of times. I had my first fill after 4 weeks (recommended 4-6 weeks) and it was fine. I have now had 3 fills and have very good restriction but some people need more fills than this - it really depends on the individual.

As for a typical day I don't really have one at the moment as I had a bit too much of a fill about 10 days ago so have mainly been on liquids. Dr Chris says you will eat about a quarter or what you used to eat when you have good restriction as a guide. But remember things like chocolate and ice cream slide through very easily!!! Any more questions just fire away.

I am so glad I made the leap of faith and had the op. My weight really gets me down and I have had enough!!! Dr Chris and his team are great, you will be in safe hands x

flirty, i think that is very resonable price.leeds is near us so id be interested in knowing...for in another 10 years when ive saved up!..that fleur de lys tt looks great, esp if you have the excess above your belly button and back;itdoesnt seem to be that much extra cutting either, and nips the waist in..it sounds like its the one you need really,and youll be so pleased! i saw someone have it done on a tv prog last year. let us know how you get on

Hi jemmima puddleduck, i think most of us on here have had the same problems with food as you have, i have yo yo'd for the last 20 odd years, the weight would come off and then it would always go back on and more with it, in the last couple of years i had put about 4 stone on an realised it was just to much for me to do on my own, the band isnt a magic wand you still have to watch what you eat but its a massive help, i wouldnt be with out mine lol.. After surgery i had pain but only in my port area and after the 2nd or 3rd day i didnt need any painkillers, i had my 1st fill 1 day under the 4 week post op, i didnt feel a thing (i think it was still numb after the anaesthetic). My typical day of eating is.. actimel for Breakfast, small bowl of Cereal for my lunch and then something like salmon and veg or salad for tea.. just something healthy and low fat, i dont usually need anything inbetween meals but if i do its usually a cereal bar or low fat yogurt x

Hi after telling you guys I was not telling anyone about being banded I had to tell my sister because of work issues. Anyway found out tonight her and my mother joined weight watchers and I am thinking is this a coincedence or is it because I am being banded? I spoke to sis on the phone tonight and she didnt even mention she was joining weight watchers but later on mum phoned me and told me they had both joined. Is something competitive going on here or is it just me!!! Jx

Hi homecare, do you think they have joined in the hope you change your mind about having your band and you will just go to weight watchers with them instead? x

:cursing:No they know I wont change my mind but I am thinking they are thinking (if you know what I mean), hell if she gets thin with this band then we are going to show her we can get thin the NATURAL WAY. Maybe I am paranoid but I dont think so. J x

Gary can you shed any light on timeisnow question about online check in and taking hold luggage. Would appreciate any info you could give. Cheers J x

:cursing:No they know I wont change my mind but I am thinking they are thinking (if you know what I mean), hell if she gets thin with this band then we are going to show her we can get thin the NATURAL WAY. Maybe I am paranoid but I dont think so. J x

Well if they can do it 'the natural way' that's great but after years of yoyo'ing I think the band has been a good option for me. Trust me I'd join WW (again!!) tomorrow if I thought it was the solution! U probably feel the same.

I just hope they give you the support you need, if not we are always here for you. The words 'gastric band' seem to be very emotive!! Everyone seems to have an opinion, but at the end of the day it's ur opinion that counts! Go for it girl!!! I'm only 2months post op and I know 100% this was the single best decision I have ever made!!

Hi gillian im all excited about it and the way it would pull me in at least it would be a good job and gets rid of lovve handles and everything and i have alot of skin above my belly button its like a extra flap if that makes sense god how sexy do i sound with my droopy bits lol i just looked up flights i know dr fenton does consultation on mondays and fridays i can get flight over on 15th of june for €22 return so gona ring tomorro see if i can get appointment and hopefull have op august/september its actually spire methley hospital bout 10miles from leeds hes in i think least after consult il know if i need to lose much more weight and what he recommends so hopefully for my 26th in october il be all done and just have fun of maintaing which is another story lol but im so glad u think that op is good and have seen it being done cos there aint much info on it on net

Yes Sammy77 I have been there and probably spent double the cost of the band and joining fees etc over the years. I have lost 64lb with them but Ihave put on 70lb 5years later which is soul destroying. So I know I have made the right decision. Glad your band is working well for you. J x

Hi homecare, you never know once they see your weight go and stay off they may end up booking to go with dr chris lol. Good luck to them if they lose weight and keep it off.. chances are they wont x

Hi gillian im all excited about it and the way it would pull me in at least it would be a good job and gets rid of lovve handles and everything and i have alot of skin above my belly button its like a extra flap if that makes sense god how sexy do i sound with my droopy bits lol i just looked up flights i know dr fenton does consultation on mondays and fridays i can get flight over on 15th of june for €22 return so gona ring tomorro see if i can get appointment and hopefull have op august/september its actually spire methley hospital bout 10miles from leeds hes in i think least after consult il know if i need to lose much more weight and what he recommends so hopefully for my 26th in october il be all done and just have fun of maintaing which is another story lol but im so glad u think that op is good and have seen it being done cos there aint much info on it on net

hi flirty, im racking my brains now trying to remember if it was on a tv prog or on an internet site now. it was a video if so..ill see if i can find it. i just remember thinking..WOW!. that looks brill, the woman had lost about half her bodyweight or more and had that skin really overhanging over her belly button as well as the underneath..i seem to think now it was a you tube diary..it was an american girl. she had had either a gastric bypass or band, and was having all sorts of surgery planned. i will try and find it.its an eye opener!. yes, i think the methley hosp isnt too far from us.might have to visit you! x