Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Everyone....got my date for surgery on the 7th August.......Cant wait....apart from having to lose some weight first!!!! But the lovely Garry is going to help with with some info. I'll pm you tomorrow when its quieter here.

I'm going to start on the Kelp for my hair, but in one of the post someone mentioned 'milk thistle' Whats that for!! I've never heard of it.....Someones going to write back and tell me its only for men or something like that and I'm going to look a proper fool. Freckles you'll know all about this milk thistle thingy.

Gillian thanks for the advice, everyone on here has such kind things to say, I will go to the docs and ask for something to give me a boost with the weight loss. I am determined , having some 'last' meals this weekend then going for it from Monday.:scared2:

This thread moves so quickly, its lovely to read about everyones success Congratulations to all you new banders, and all the interesting questions that I wouldnt even think of asking.

I only wish I lived closer to Scotland, so I could come on this night out with Garry. Seems to me like most of us drink vodka, Its gonna be a fantastic night, I cant wait to read all about it. Anyone out there from the west country?

Take care

Jackie xx:smile2:

Hey chick,

The milk thistle tablets are really good for your liver and help to keep it clean of fat!!!! I took them religiously before the op because i didn't really do a preop diet:sneaky:

Cambridge diet is also very good for losing weight quickly!! if you research it online you will find your nearest provider! Also Lighter life is brilliant although very strict and about 60 pounds a week but i lost 13 pounds in my first week on it and 8 pounds in my 2nd week! The net will also give you all the info for it!!!! Let us know how you get on!!!!:lol:

Jo x

Jackie, I did Lighter Life when my first band was working as I wanted a quick fix.

I dont think I had enough restriction, how silly am I ...but if you arent told you dont know.

I wasnt really hungry, just missed the chewing of the food, with it being liquid.< /p>

Why dont you try the pre-op diet of low fat and no alcohol (dont know if you drink or not)

The milk thistle like has been said is to shrink your liver and cleanse it.

I keep forgetting to say to Flirty, my daughter who is in Oz, is a size 12, and she had Lipo on her stomach cos she couldnt get it flat.

She went to Belgium, not Dr Chris though.

I wouldnt recommend it really as she has a flat stomach now but seems to have put weight on around her thighs, weird.

She says the fat moved lol, although we have a piccy of the fat removed, so they did take it out.

I have a friend that also had lipo on her stomach, bum and thighs. I'll ask her if she would recommend it if you want me to. She went to Marbella for hers.

I still cant get much down and I'm starving lol:w00t:

Good Morning everyone its a beautiful sunny sunday morning here in Glasgow!! Glad everyone is doing a bit better than a few days ago. Timeisnow I am also booked for op on the 26th of June. Booked my flights for lunchtime on the 25th from Edinburgh for self and my husband, I thought the 12.15 flight looked the best one so dont have to get up at some mad hour and arriving mid afternoon. I also got free entry to the airport lounge using my royalties card. I was wondering if I arrive in hotel around 3 ish in the afternoon does anyone know if consultation will be in the evening at hotel or will I have it at the hopital the day of the op. Cheers J

Good Morning everyone its a beautiful sunny sunday morning here in Glasgow!! Glad everyone is doing a bit better than a few days ago. Timeisnow I am also booked for op on the 26th of June. Booked my flights for lunchtime on the 25th from Edinburgh for self and my husband, I thought the 12.15 flight looked the best one so dont have to get up at some mad hour and arriving mid afternoon. I also got free entry to the airport lounge using my royalties card. I was wondering if I arrive in hotel around 3 ish in the afternoon does anyone know if consultation will be in the evening at hotel or will I have it at the hopital the day of the op. Cheers J

Hey homecare,

When you arrive on the 25th the hotel check in is at 4pm but they are very good and will probably let you in earlier!!! frederick did our consultation at 9pm as a group and then came to our individual rooms straight after for the money and any questions we might have!!!!

We had our last supper at 7pm because the restaurant shuts at 10pm and it was pushing it by the time we finished with fred!!!! Once we finished with Fred it was to the bar for a couple of last drinks then bed by 12pm as from then on it will be nil by mouth!!!!

If you need anything else just ask!!!:rolleyes2:

Jo x

Hey Banders have a few questions

I was banded on tuesday and its now sunday!!! I've been on liquids but as of yesterday i have been getting hungrier and hungrier and liquids are going down easy now! Do you think i will be able to add scrambled egg and weetabix drenched in milk and stuff???? If not when shall i wait till!!!!

Also are the socks 5 days aswell?

Can they come off when you stop injections!!!

When can i start having a bath!!!

Jo xxx

Thanks for the quick reply Odge, how are you feeling now? Do you thinks I will need a week to recover, I hate staying off my work as I have a lot of vurnerable people relying on me. J x

Thanks for the quick reply Odge, how are you feeling now? Do you thinks I will need a week to recover, I hate staying off my work as I have a lot of vurnerable people relying on me. J x

well I've done really well since the op! I was the last into surgery that day and the first out of bed!!! ( there was no way i was weeing in bed with a bed pan!!) Since i have left the hospital i haven't had any painkillers but i wouldn't advise going back to work for at least a week as your wounds are still a bit tender! The more sleep you get post op the better you feel i found!!! I took two and a half weeks of work post op but will probably go back tuesday after back hol as will definatley be ready then!!!

Everyone recovers at different rates chick so you will just have to judge it once you have been banded as your the only one who will know what you can do and your limits!!!!

Jox

Hi all,

quite new to this forum but you have all made me feel empowered enough to go ahead and have this done on the 26th June as this is the next available date.

I have done a bit of research but can not see really what the average weight loss is, the clinic say about a stone a month, is that about right?

anyway, wish me luck. I am going to book it all up today!

Hi all,

quite new to this forum but you have all made me feel empowered enough to go ahead and have this done on the 26th June as this is the next available date.

I have done a bit of research but can not see really what the average weight loss is, the clinic say about a stone a month, is that about right?

anyway, wish me luck. I am going to book it all up today!

Hey devonpilgrim,

Good luck today, try and book the campanille hotel as that is where the consultation is!!!

Unless you have booked the package (they put you in the campanille anyway)

About the weight loss everyone is different! I was banded on tuesday and have now lost my first stone!!!!:rolleyes2:

I'll expect it might slow down a bit for me soon but as soon as i am well enough i will be going to the gym to help me on my way!!!!!

They say all your weight should be off in a year!!!

If you have any other queries just let us know!!!!

Jo x

Great news DevonP...will be here before you know it.

I dont think anyone can say what the weekly average weightloss will be. Everyone is different.

Look at me I was banded for the second time on 26th feb and havent lost any weight cos I gave up smoking and was eating for England before my fills.

I think at last I am over it. Its 12 weeks now, and i can even sit in a room with my Mum smoking her ciggy without wanting one.

Some people drop a stone or two a couple of weeks after surgery.

it then depends on how much restriction you get with your fills.

You may be one of the lucky ones and only need a couple of fills, there again you may be like others and need 6 or more.

But sweetie, you can be sure of one thing, if you have the op and enough fills to give you good restriction you will definitely lose loads of weight.:rolleyes2:

Hey Banders have a few questions

I was banded on tuesday and its now sunday!!! I've been on liquids but as of yesterday i have been getting hungrier and hungrier and liquids are going down easy now! Do you think i will be able to add scrambled egg and weetabix drenched in milk and stuff???? If not when shall i wait till!!!!

Also are the socks 5 days aswell?

Can they come off when you stop injections!!!

When can i start having a bath!!!

Jo xxx

Anyone out there that can help!!????????:rolleyes2:

Ok, now its my turn, has anyone experienced this?

I had the fill with freddy boy on thursday and still I cant drink so good, at anytime of the day, mornings being the worst.

I have been up for a couple of hours and usually I have drunk two mugs of coffee by now. But I managed an Actimel and I am sipping Prune juice ( for regularity, seems to have stopped:blink:)

I spose if nothings going in...well I'm not even going there.:rolleyes2:

But my coffee is still sitting on my desk, gone cold.

I thought by now it would have eased a little, but no, I am so tight, never been like this before, has anyone else?

I spose this is what I wanted from day one, I'm not complaining, just amazed!!!:thumbup:

I had the fill with freddy boy on thursday and still I cant drink so good, at anytime of the day, mornings being the worst.

I have been up for a couple of hours and usually I have drunk two mugs of coffee by now. But I managed an Actimel and I am sipping Prune juice ( for regularity, seems to have stopped:blink:)

I thought by now it would have eased a little, but no, I am so tight, never been like this before, has anyone else?

I spose this is what I wanted from day one, I'm not complaining, just amazed!!!:thumbup:

Thats not anything i can help with i'm afraid freckles as being a new bander haven't had a fill yet!

Maybe you have been over filled a little as not being able to drink is a bit worrying! Try ring freddy as he will tell you whats best! Plus its very quiet on here this morning! i think people are out enjoying the weather!!!

Don't suppose you could give me advice on my predicaments?????

Jo x

Hi Freckles

I can only sip liquids, no gulps...it takes me two attempts to drink a cup of tea in the morning. As long as you can drink small sips throughout the day you should be fine. Are still on liquids after your fill, can you eat anything?

Anyone out there that can help!!????????:rolleyes2:

i would have a bath but not too full so your stitches get wet, stay on liquids for at least a week. dont try scrambled egg for a while as alot of people with bands have trouble with them (including me.) I took the socks off after 3 days but they were driving me crazy.

What kinds of liquids are you having?