Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Yeah gillian leaving here at 4sunday morn for airport wil be in belgium at 9.30am so il do some shopping in brussels but yeah like u i think id rather being closer to home being here or uk cos it defo is a bigger op than band and god forbid even if it was a wee infection u got it would be a nightmare and id like to be able to have easy access to the surgeon/hospital i have a consult in dublin the end of may i know the tt with Lipo is €8200 and arms are €6000 but id near be prepared to pay that even though i want to research more into the uk cos i think it could be wee bit cheaper even with a top surgeon but defo not going near a cosmetic clinic has to be a general hospital id just feel safer but il find out all i can from dr chris and report back...

yes youll be best having it done in a general hospital, thats what i think too..id be scared of an infection or bleed too. i was ok going to belgium for band as it is lower risk surgery. but need to research tummy tucks and risks properly. youll find someone who you are happy with..good luck, and have a great trip sunday, hope it all goes well for you and your friend..and the others from off here!..dont have too much of a craic after or youll have them doubled up...not in laughter but pain!..in the bed at the side of me was a dublin girl and her two sisters were joking around..i would have been in stitches normally....but i was in stitches instead!..had to hold onto my tummy tight to just laugh!! x

THANKS MMM I will book off 2 weeks and then if I need more time take it from there , I've payed my deposit and got some lose joggers , dressings and some melts i will get other pain killers as well i suppose its bets to try a few different ones to see which works best well its just over 3 weeks before i go some days I'm excited and then others i fell sick but reading all your post its the same for everyone if anyone wants to give me any advice which you think might be helpful i would love to here from you x suefee

Hi everyone,

Flirty glad your feeling better, and just think of the extra pounds you will shift from being on liquids!

Hi everyone, I aint been on for a little while so just checking in lol.......wow these threads move fast there's loads of pages for me to catch up on..

Welcome to all you new pre-banders you've come to a great place, you'll be fine with dr chris & his team I got treated very well while there and found a lot of my worrys were uncalled for, they are very proffessional and look after you extremely well...

Ive lost around 13lbs so far im quite pleased with that almost a stone in 4weeks,, must admit ive been naughty though ive been eating choclate fried chicken chinese the lot lol,, albeit much smaller portions...Ive now booked my first fill it will be on the 28th in london with fredrich, Ive got to try and get some weight of before me holiday 3weeks in Jamaica woohoo cant wait lol.

1088502pgzqchf0gf.gif

CW, glad to see you back safe and sound.

Awesome that you have lost so much in such a short time.

I went to Montego bay a couple of years ago, and couldnt eat the gorgeous food after the flight, so be prepared for your band tightening up hunny.

Good luck to every 1 who is going to belgium this next week... and to you flirty hope you get a good fill, i'll catch up with you all when i'm back from the lakes x

Thanks Freckles, hope your o.k and your mum I need to catch up on the previous posts lol......

I hope when I get to jamaica the restriction wont be to bad here's hoping lol... would be nice to have a red stripe beer and some jerk chicken lol...mmm

Have a lovely time Wishfull, enjoy your break and see you soon.

Flirty and girlies going to Belgium this weekend I'm sure everything will go great for you all. Be thinking of you. xx

Hi Freckles

I found you at last hun, how are you? This site is good, I have been mooching about on it. I go for my band 2 weeks today so fingers crossed for me hun.

Take care xx Liz xx

Hi Everyone,

Well the time is flying by, 2 weeks Tuesday................ Some days I am so excited and other days I am full of doubts (whether I'll be OK), silly I know, after all you have all been through it. I just want it to be sucessful.

Can anyone tell me what part of London do you go for your fills? I am trying to get myself organised in my head before I go to Belgium so that I know what question to ask - I think I will write the all down otherwise I will forget!

Westie x

Hey Flirty,

You all set for belgium! We'll be in Belgium at about 2 i think! looking forward to meeting you!!! Not nervous about op yet and its only 3 days away!!!! Weird!

This maybe the wrong place Im posting. First time please be patient. I have been looking to get a band done for almost a year and have visited the nuffield in Glasgow and also Ross Hall. On both occasions I was turned down as they said my BMI at 35 was too low and would only consider it if I had other complications. I have been in contact with another company who say they would do it but the cost is £7000 including a years follow up. I came across this site while doing my research and I am really interested in Dr DE Bruyne's clinic and prices. Have also noticed people getting fills in Glasgow. I have tried to follow the posts but they really are confusing. Also interested in the full package ie taxi, hotel, band that the doctor provides. Any info would be greatly appreciated. May I say the weight losses are inspiring and apologise for my babbling, just so anxious for info. Thanks J

Hi All .........Thanks for the warm welcome.

Gary can you give me details of where to find the 'all in package'. I've had a look but cant seem to see it anywhere.:glare: .......I rang yesterday and might be able to get the surgery for the end of July. Dont really want to wait that long but I work for education and we're not allowed time off outside of school hols.

I was interested to read about the Kelp tablets for Hair loss, wonder if i would be worth taking them before the surgery!!!

Jackie xx

welcome.gif

To baby Jane and Homecare

Liz, I was wondering where you got to:unsure:...so glad you made it here, peoples, please welcome my little friend baby Jane:thumbup:

Sweetie where are you going for your band? Have you told me and I've forgotten, if so please forgive me.:glare:

Homecare, I know exactly what you mean we do tend to ramble on a bit in this thread, me especially.

I wasnt banded in Belgium so I am not the best person to ask, but all the others here have been and will willingly advise you, so stay tuned :eek:

Jackie, I have taken Kelp for a number of years now, and they do work.

I have had a lot of stress lately, with the family, and I have given up smoking, and the only signs of this have been a flaking scalp, I think it could have been a lot worse if it hadnt been for the kelp tabs. So yes they are worth taking, before your surgery.