Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Teresa,

My flight leaves Brussels at 9:40 monday morning, so there is a little time. Looking forward to meeting you. Tammy

I'm looking forward to meeting you too Tammy. I will send you a pm with my mobile phone number so that we can contact each other when we are there. T x

Hello everyone, i'm booked in to get banded on April so i have a few months to wait & save...more importantly lol....this thread really helped me to understand the procedure and also book with Dr Chris De Bruyne. I think i will end up travelling alone so if anyone is going @ the end of April, op booked for the 21/04/09 gimme a wee shout please x

Hello and welcome Mand. April will be here before you know it. I joined the forum in October and I'm havinge my band fitted in just over a week and the time has flown. The people on here are really special and I am so happy I found this site before having my op as the info and support I have received has been brilliant. T x

Hi Gillian and Wishful. It is so nice to hear from you again. I'm pleased it went well and you are home safe and sound (hope you are well too bigsister)

Thanks for the info provided so far. I'm really looking forward to reading the full story, so hopefully you are up to it before I leave next Sunday.

Take care and get plenty of rest. T x

Thanks for the update Miss Flump. It's good to hear things are going well for you. Keep up the good work. I look forward to your next update. T x

thanks TC27, i hope the months go by quick for me!!! wow just over a week till yours, lucky u!!!!

Its a relief to know that there is a support of u folks on here for the process of the banding x

Erm a quick update, well I have my first fill booked for this coming Thursday. Got no restriction at the moment, so can eat mushy or liquid food to my heart's content. Tried my first Sunday lunch without mashing it all up together today and it took ages to cut things up small enough and chew things well enough to not hurt when swallowed. It is still so easy to overeat on puddings though.

Not lost any more weight, but apparently that is to be expected, according to the other Forums on this site on post-op surgery patients.

As for recovery, you know I've been going 3 times a week to Curves (the lady only 30 minute session gym), no problem bending, laughing or anything now really. Wounds healing nicely, especially since I cut the transparent stiches last week.

So it's the same old story here, you still need to diet and exercise, the band won't do the work for you.......

I bet your looking forward to your first fill on Thursday and to re-start your weight loss, where had the port been put, I assumed everyone's in the same place but I've just found out that some are on the side and some are under the bust centrallly placed

Open question,-- please, all post banders -are you willing to tell me where the port has been placed. does it depend on the surgeon or on the patient. Thank you xxx :)

Erm a quick update, well I have my first fill booked for this coming Thursday. Got no restriction at the moment, so can eat mushy or liquid food to my heart's content. Tried my first Sunday lunch without mashing it all up together today and it took ages to cut things up small enough and chew things well enough to not hurt when swallowed. It is still so easy to overeat on puddings though.

Not lost any more weight, but apparently that is to be expected, according to the other Forums on this site on post-op surgery patients.

As for recovery, you know I've been going 3 times a week to Curves (the lady only 30 minute session gym), no problem bending, laughing or anything now really. Wounds healing nicely, especially since I cut the transparent stiches last week.

So it's the same old story here, you still need to diet and exercise, the band won't do the work for you.......

Hi TL, sounds like you are doing brilliantly considering you haven't even had a fill yet - good luck for Thursday!. T x

Hi and thankyou everyone for all your lovely msgs.. i can't believe how good i'm feeling, still a bit hot (probly still the anaesthetic) but NO PAIN yippee. I was in a room with bigsister and gillian was 2 doors away from us. I went down 2 theatre bwt 12ish and can remember looking at the clock in recovery an it was 10 past 2, i was back on the ward at 3.. my partner was with me all day and they didnt ask him 2 leave.. sum visistors was leaving after 9.30 so i dont think they mind really. The staff was really good as soon as u asked for sumthing they were ther with it. I have weighed myself 2day and i have lost 4 lbs since being banded plus what i lost b4 i went.. im proud ov myself really lol. I have my 1st fill on the 12th feb in manchester.. something else 2 look forward 2 x :)

I bet your looking forward to your first fill on Thursday and to re-start your weight loss, where had the port been put, I assumed everyone's in the same place but I've just found out that some are on the side and some are under the bust centrallly placed

Open question,-- please, all post banders -are you willing to tell me where the port has been placed. does it depend on the surgeon or on the patient. Thank you xxx :)

Hi mmm my port is on my left side, its a bit sore if i bend down but other than that i can hardly feel it.. when they took the drain out it wasnt 2 painfull just a weird feeling cos u cud feel it being pulled through ur tummy. :wink2: hope your ok x

Hi and thankyou everyone for all your lovely msgs.. i can't believe how good i'm feeling, still a bit hot (probly still the anaesthetic) but NO PAIN yippee. I was in a room with bigsister and gillian was 2 doors away from us. I went down 2 theatre bwt 12ish and can remember looking at the clock in recovery an it was 10 past 2, i was back on the ward at 3.. my partner was with me all day and they didnt ask him 2 leave.. sum visistors was leaving after 9.30 so i dont think they mind really. The staff was really good as soon as u asked for sumthing they were ther with it. I have weighed myself 2day and i have lost 4 lbs since being banded plus what i lost b4 i went.. im proud ov myself really lol. I have my 1st fill on the 12th feb in manchester.. something else 2 look forward 2 x :wink2:

Well done wishfull, I'm so please it all went well for you, I bet it was a great comfort having the the fun sisters with you :)

Many thanx for the birthday wishes:cool:

I think it depends on the surgeon where the port is placed, mine is on my left side and my daughters (who had a different surgeon) is just under her boobs in the middle.

Not sure where Dr Chris puts it, but I seem to think its on the side, I'm sure one of the already banded girlies will confirm that.

Hi mmm my port is on my left side, its a bit sore if i bend down but other than that i can hardly feel it.. when they took the drain out it wasnt 2 painfull just a weird feeling cos u cud feel it being pulled through ur tummy. :) hope your ok x

Thats interesting my daughters port is mid centre under here bra line, but I saw a band being filled on tv, and that was also on the left side. I wonder why the difference. Thanks for the info mmm xxxxx

Thank you Wishful for all the info...good to know that about hubbys being able to stay.

Its different with every surgeon, when I was banded by Michael Van den Bossche, he didnt put a drain in :huh2:

I sometimes now cannot bend easily with the port being in my left side, and thats 3 years.

Also I was only in the theatre for an hour.

Please tell me that you had oxygen Wishful?????

I got a mail from Dr Chris this morning....still no x-ray :glare:

I could kick myself for not sending it by registered post.:huh2:

Thank you Wishful for all the info...good to know that about hubbys being able to stay.

Its different with every surgeon, when I was banded by Michael Van den Bossche, he didnt put a drain in :)

I sometimes now cannot bend easily with the port being in my left side, and thats 3 years.

Also I was only in the theatre for an hour.

Please tell me that you had oxygen Wishful?????

yeh we ad oxygen, they tell you 2 keep it in till the following morning. i dont think i was in theatre that long it's just that was the 1st thing i remember, looking at the clock. they keep you in recovery for 2 hrs b4 taking you back 2 the ward, so i think i was in recovery from bwt 1ish x