Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hello everyone, i'm booked in to get banded on April so i have a few months to wait & save...more importantly lol....this thread really helped me to understand the procedure and also book with Dr Chris De Bruyne. I think i will end up travelling alone so if anyone is going @ the end of April, op booked for the 21/04/09 gimme a wee shout please x

rsrfy9.jpg

Mand, nice to 'meet' you.

Thats exciting news, I'm sure you wont regret your decision. I'm waiting for a date for surgery with Dr Chris, he has provisionally booked me in for 16th Feb, but not sure yet.

Enjoy the posts here, everyone is lovely :)

i would have liked to do it sooner but i have to save 1st......pity thou feel ready now.....my BMI is not high enought for me to get reffered thru my GP. that is a real pity, but after reading thru all the postd i feel happy about going thru the op with Dr Chris

Welcome back girls!!!!! Hope it all went well!!! We've all been thinking about you!! :):smile::wink2::smile::w00t::smile::smile:

I am soooo sorry I never got the chance to come online and wish you well before the three of you went over to Belgium. I could have kicked myself about that one. :mad2:

I don't have the internet at home, so most of the time I have to wait until I'm at my boyfriend's house at the weekend before I can post on here. I think I definitely need to sort that one out. LOL.

Anyhow, hope you're all recovering well. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we're all eagerly awaiting your return to the forum with your surgery stories. And you'll be able to help the newbies who have started posting since you've had your surgery.

Thanks to those asking about how I am getting on.

Everything's going well. I gained a few pounds back, but they're gone plus a couple more, so I've lost 16lbs in total. I am on mushy foods most of the time, but I have eaten a couple of slices of pizza which has gone down surprisingly well as long as I chew it really well. I certainly can't eat it at the speed I used to, so I'm guessing the band must be doing something already!!

I'm waiting for my first fill now, which is still 25 days away, so I've accepted that I'm not likely to lose that much more in between now and then, but I'll certainly let you know how it goes when I do.

Talk soon,

Miss Flump x x

Hi everyone IM BACK.. im fine hardly any pain just a bit uncomfy allthough i did get a wheelchair at the airport cos i was so hot i thought i was going 2 pass out..im so glad i had it done it was a lot better than i thought it wud be.. just had 1/2 a cup a Soup and im full lol. going 2 rest 4 a bit now.. i'll be on again soon telling u everything x

Welcome back wishfull. Glad to hear all went well. You get your rest and recover quickly. I'll be in your shoes in a week.

Hi Tammy, you haven't been on here for a while, so I thought maybe you had changed your mind. It will be good to a have a couple of days in Brussels before your surgery. I only have one day in Brussels before my surgery, but as I haven't been there before I'm looking forward to having a little look around before my op.

My flight on the Sunday has been moved back half an hour, so I don't think I will get to the hotel until around midnight. I would still like to meet up with you before you go so hopefully we can have a chat before you leave on the Monday morning - or is your flight silly o'clock time?

I will be thinking of you on Friday and send my best wishes for a safe and successful operation:thumbup:.

How is your low fat pre-op diet going by the way. I thought mine was going ok until Freckles informed me I shouldn't be drinking at all:ohmy: I will have to try harder I guess:blushing:

Teresa x

Hi Teresa,

My flight leaves Brussels at 9:40 monday morning, so there is a little time. Looking forward to meeting you. Tammy

:smile:HI EVERYONE, IM BACK!!. came out the other side and we all did well..you know i was nervous, i didnt hide that!!..well i went down at 8am as soon as i got to hospital i was prepared and out of it...so that was good i suppose as no waiting around .the hospital and all the staff are A1..no worries about that...very proffesional. chris and frederick are lovely too. the hotel was comfortable..clean. food in restaurant was ok..i had the steak and chips, and took creme eggs to have after as it will be a no no soon!. went for a walk into vilvoorde the day before found a C&A!..just like the old ones a H&M, etam and bought some drinks from lidl.its a bit dismal there tho. the hosp is only a 15 min walk from hotel. but dont wear yourselves out getting there and def get taxi back. we hired car..had tom tom europe so found it easily. I would have loved to have gone into brussels, so if your planning that go another day in advance.you wont feel like it after..train station into brussels is few mins to side of hotel. I wasnt in a room with big sister or wishfull, at first i was all alone.and ended up in a room with 2 other women, one from dublin and one from belgium. I wasnt in a mood for talking and joking at the time so it wasnt bad being out of it!. your husband partner can stay as much as they want i think...mine even walked down to op theatre with me..and was back straight after, they never told him to leave...he got a meal in hosp canteen...6euros for 3 courses..not wonderful gourmet food, but worth it...anyway, im just sitting here a bit uncomfortable with the gas pain mainly (there is nothing you can do except wait for it to go sorry) so im going to have a bit of Soup and a sit down...ill be back tomorrow(by the way there were seven people in total being banded that day)....thanks to everyone for their good wishes.x

Hi Teresa,

My flight leaves Brussels at 9:40 monday morning, so there is a little time. Looking forward to meeting you. Tammy

best wishes tamisue! x

15n7l00.jpg

Gillian,xxxxxx glad its all over for you,hope big sis is ok too, take it easy babe and thanx for the info:thumbup:

Hi Gillian, Wishful, & Big Sister, glad to hear that you are back and everything went okay.......how is bigsister as she hasn't been on the forum? Were you all in different rooms then? What a shame, it would have been nice to be in together! Pity you didn't get to visit Brussels, I went the day after my op as I didn't want to leave Belgium without going. It tired me out but I really enjoyed it. Look forward to hearing all about your trip as soon as you feel up to it. Take care, Kath,x.:)

Welcome Mand, glad this thread has been a help, it also helped me make my mind up about brussels, surgeon etc and the support is amazing.

Happy birthday Freckles, hope you had a good one.

Welcome back Gillian, Bigsister, and wishfull, I am so pleased all went well for you, I look forward to all your experiences.

Good luck Tamisu, did'nt know you were going so soon, you must be very exited, hope all goes well for you, tell us all when you come back. Best wishes. mmm

Oh God, I'm so sorry TC, I think you'll be sound...dont worry sweetie.

I dont know if I can abstain for a week either lol.

Thinking of you Tammy, I hope you 2 get to meet, it would be lovely to see friends from here.

We're all gonna be babes soon aint we lol.

xx

Hi Freckles

You dont have to be sorry - it's me that's been the dope. I had a chuckle to myself when I read my post back when I stated I don't think I'm an alcoholic as I only drink vodka:huh2:. I was trying to say I don't like the taste of anything else, but I know I will easily learn:lol:

I do hope I get to meet Tammy - it will all be over for her by the time I get there, so hopefully she can give me some advice.

I hope if you need them, you can manage to get copies of your x-rays, but hopefully it wont come to that. T x

user_online.gifreport.gif

Edited by TC27

Hi tropical lagoon, just wondered how things are going, and if youve recovered ok, you and miss flump have gone a bit quiet but it would be great to have an update from you both. Have you started on the mushies yet.

Erm a quick update, well I have my first fill booked for this coming Thursday. Got no restriction at the moment, so can eat mushy or liquid food to my heart's content. Tried my first Sunday lunch without mashing it all up together today and it took ages to cut things up small enough and chew things well enough to not hurt when swallowed. It is still so easy to overeat on puddings though.

Not lost any more weight, but apparently that is to be expected, according to the other Forums on this site on post-op surgery patients.

As for recovery, you know I've been going 3 times a week to Curves (the lady only 30 minute session gym), no problem bending, laughing or anything now really. Wounds healing nicely, especially since I cut the transparent stiches last week.

So it's the same old story here, you still need to diet and exercise, the band won't do the work for you.......