Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi tropicalagoon, glad to hear uit all went well, i'm having my fill sama day and place as u so maybe we will bump into each other do you have the address as julie didnt give it to me!!

Hiya

I have now got the address in Bristol for you:

It is The House Clinics, 118 Redland Road, Redland, Bristol. BS6 6QT.

My appointment is at 2.45 pm. I had to pick the latest one available as I am in work in the morning and I do not think they would give me time off for this type of hospital appointment, lol. Frederik told me that he only has the clinic until 3 pm and he will probably be there from 10 am. What time is your appointment then?

TL

Hi TL and Miss Flump glad all went ok and your back home, and Yes I do want all the details it will no doubt help with knowing whats normal and whats not. so when you're up to it please tell all. here's wishing you a skinney new year.:party:

Sorry for the delay - still working on it. It's gonna be an epic, lol....

Aah, dont get discouraged TL!..I can imagine ther will be a lot of Fluid retention after having the op?..people lose that at different rates dont they. I remember after abdominal surgery losing 2lbs a day for a week,without dieting..it was all the fluid around the surgery site. Im sure it will start coming off, maybe more when you get on to solids like you say..fluids go down too easy. and when youve had your fill im sure everything will speed up. I am prepared to be on a bit of a downer to start off with, as you find that you have to put more effort in than you thought, but come a few months down the line,Im sure youll get on track,and get used to eating and not eating certain foods..I dont think that there is any fluid put in the band at first is there?. anyway, sorry your feeling disheartened..hope you can give us better reports next week (i bet anything you can!!)..keep up your good work anyway, it sounds as if your doing everything right..and its got to come off. good luck! Gillian x

Thanks ever so much for your encouragement Gillian. Your post was so full of understanding/empathy and kept me going. I was on a massive downer as you can imagine, but I am feeling much more positive now. I actually managed the loo properly this morning (hope you understand what I'm on about without being too graphic). Anyway weighed again and another 3 lbs gone. So guess all those fluids were still hanging around in my intestines for a while.

I did lose 7 lbs on the pre-op diet and now 5 lbs since the op, so feeling pretty pleased with myself now.

Taken no pain killers at all since Sat and not even touched the anti nausea ones they supplied me with. I have to say the 5 anti DVT injections were not pleasant. I think some of the needles were sharper than others. However by the time of the 5th, it didn't hurt at all. Anyway none left to do now, so it's just stitches out and look forward to a mushy diet from Friday instead of all these liquids....:party:

Take care all you pre-bandsters, I know how you must be feeling. I totally recommend the pre-op diet though as it not only shrinks your liver, but it gets you used to boring, bland food (liquid) choices after the op too, so you don't feel like you are being totally deprived all at once. As I said in a previous post, I followed a plan on BOSPA - The British Obesity Surgery Patient Association. It only recommends a week of this mind, but as I had Christmas dos booked on the second week, I did it for the 2 (apart from the dos of course). You get to lose about a pound a day - less to lose after the op eh :tt1:

Still working on chapter and verse of my experience. Instead of posting it on here, I will mail it to anyone who asks for it.

Thanks for reading :blink:

TL x

Thanks ever so much for your encouragement Gillian. Your post was so full of understanding/empathy and kept me going. I was on a massive downer as you can imagine, but I am feeling much more positive now. I actually managed the loo properly this morning (hope you understand what I'm on about without being too graphic). Anyway weighed again and another 3 lbs gone. So guess all those fluids were still hanging around in my intestines for a while.

I did lose 7 lbs on the pre-op diet and now 5 lbs since the op, so feeling pretty pleased with myself now.

Taken no pain killers at all since Sat and not even touched the anti nausea ones they supplied me with. I have to say the 5 anti DVT injections were not pleasant. I think some of the needles were sharper than others. However by the time of the 5th, it didn't hurt at all. Anyway none left to do now, so it's just stitches out and look forward to a mushy diet from Friday instead of all these liquids....:party:

Take care all you pre-bandsters, I know how you must be feeling. I totally recommend the pre-op diet though as it not only shrinks your liver, but it gets you used to boring, bland food (liquid) choices after the op too, so you don't feel like you are being totally deprived all at once. As I said in a previous post, I followed a plan on BOSPA - The British Obesity Surgery Patient Association. It only recommends a week of this mind, but as I had Christmas dos booked on the second week, I did it for the 2 (apart from the dos of course). You get to lose about a pound a day - less to lose after the op eh :tt1:

Still working on chapter and verse of my experience. Instead of posting it on here, I will mail it to anyone who asks for it.

TL x

Hi TL u can email all info u av ppplzzzz. djandkd@googlemail.com Thanx x

TL x

Hi TL, Please send me your chapter and verse. My op (the 23rd) is coming up soon. Thanks for posting your experiences and keep 'em coming. tamisu1@yahoo.com

TL x

Hi, Id love to read your epic TL!..please send to gillianmyers@hotmail.co.uk looking forward to it thanks! and Im glad you are feeling better about it all mentally and physicly!..felt sorry for you after all the excitement and nerves pre op, going through the surgery,and all that money spent..then you felt on a downer.. I bet your not on your own in feeling that way, think well all feel that way either initially or weeks down the line..im expecting to feel that way anyway at some point!..(and i bet you are reporting even better weight loss than ever next week!) we are just over 2 weeks to being banded..I hope our ops and recoveries all go as well as yours..(must admit i dont like the sound of the injections though!!)..keep up your good work!! x

hello all ,

I have question here, some friend of mine told me that he knows a guy who did the OP and had trouble drinking, so he he will be too thirsty and was not able to drink till satisfaction , as he was only able to take small sips every a few hours, I drink Water allot and I am afraid that I will not be able to drink as I please! so is that the case or its just " I know a guy " story ! :party:

hello all ,

I have question here, some friend of mine told me that he knows a guy who did the OP and had trouble drinking, so he he will be too thirsty and was not able to drink till satisfaction , as he was only able to take small sips every a few hours, I drink Water allot and I am afraid that I will not be able to drink as I please! so is that the case or its just " I know a guy " story ! :party:

Hi M. It sounds like theyre band might be filled a bit too much and they should get it slightly unfilled?. A freind of mine who has been banded says that you do have to drink slower and that fizzy drinks such as coca cola are harder to swallow, but she still drinks as much, she just takes her time, and you should try to drink less with a meal also, as it washes the food through the band quicker apparantly, so you dont feel as full. best wishes Gillian

And me please tropical please send to maggsdavies@fsmail.net Or as everyone has asked for it why not post it here:thumbup:

Ah well I am still in the process of writing it and it's already 3 pages. More of a personal account than just the basics. I wasn't expecting individual email addies to be honest, I was just gonna send it to people via here by clicking on those names who had expressed an interest, but can send it as an attatchment when it's finished, no probs :party:

Ah well I am still in the process of writing it and it's already 3 pages. More of a personal account than just the basics. I wasn't expecting individual email addies to be honest, I was just gonna send it to people via here by clicking on those names who had expressed an interest, but can send it as an attatchment when it's finished, no probs :party:

It could be a best seller this!!..what is the title?!. look forward to reading it anyway! x

It could be a best seller this!!..what is the title?!. look forward to reading it anyway! x

Lol, finsihed first draft and it should be winging its way to you all who's asked for it - enjoy, lol,:) if you stay awake long enough.....

Lol, finsihed first draft and it should be winging its way to you all who's asked for it - enjoy, lol,:) if you stay awake long enough.....

Can you add me to your list to send your memoirs to please TL. I am gail.ward@btinternet.com. Thanks again for all your info and tips, bigsister x (soon to be littlersister!)

Thanx TL that was very good info and i enjoyed reading it.. it hasnt put me off going 4 my surgery on the 16th jan (yippee). Its opened my eyes 2 what it will be like when i go, keep up the good work and keep the msgs coming x

I would be grateful if you could send it to me too if you dont mind - treacle_spice@yahoo.co.uk (my husband chose that name !!) I really look forward to reading it and would like to thank you sooo much for doing this for us all, it's much appreciated. T x