Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi everyone i have just come back from clothes shopping for my daughter.. went 2 next and new look... av u seen the clothes? how nice r they. i was walking round saying im coming back for that..and that..and that..i cant wait 2 walk in2 those shops and buy what ever i want of the rail in slim peoples shops.. How exciting is it x

Hey Fox,

LOL. I'm a secondary school music teacher, so you needn't worry about me checking out your grammar!!..!!!..,,,,,,,:ohmy:

I really want to say a big massive thank you to you for all the info that you have given us band virgins. You've been really helpful and as others have said, I definitely feel more at ease knowing about what I'm about to go through.

I'm glad to hear we get to keep our knickers on. It's bad enough getting my stomach out without the prospect of having to show off anything else!!!

I've another couple of questions for you, they won't put me on a catheter will they? I hope not, only I've seen other lapband patients (from USA) on Youtube who mentioned they woke up with a catheter attached. That would really alarm me if I didn't know it was gonna happen.

Well anyway, today I stopped at Superdrug on my way home from work and bought lots of dissolvable painkillers, Remegels and waterproof wound dressings in preparation for coming home. I also bought a few Protein Shakes from Asda the other week in preparation for the liquid diet. All this prep is really making it sink in now.

How long does Dr Chris insist on a liquid diet afterwards? Does he give you any documents with all this info on? When and how do you go about booking your first fill?

I apologise if I'm asking questions which have been asked before. I have read the whole thread, but it was a while back now and I can't remember everything that's been said, so any more advice you can give would be great.

ALSO, just a massive thanks to everyone who has sent their good wishes to me and Tropical Lagoon about our ops next week. I think the support on here is absolutely brilliant and although I'm nervous as hell, I'm also really excited because of how well everyone on here seems to be doing. Your glowing reports about Dr Chris have all played a really, really big part in my deciding to go along the surgical route.

I hope I'll be able to log on again before I leave for Brussels, and I'll definitely be back on after my op, so hope to speak to you all soon.

Miss Flump x x x

Ah ha ,miss flump

good to have you back,no to the catheter,that was one i asked ( tho they do call the shunt in your arm for liquids a catheter)

dr chris will advise a liquid diet for 10 days. but after 7 days i was eating small children i was soooo hungry !!!

im waiting for frederik to contact me with a date for mid january for 1st fill,and im really glad cos my weight loss has all but stopped,hardly any restriction :w00t:,at the mo

i had my husband do my bikini line the night before we left,and it really wasnt nesesary cos you have your drawers on the whole time,the incisions are above what was once my waistline,so if your wearing a bra after the op ,say for travelling,make sure its an underwire free,

been to gps about the pain in my port, there is no infection tho the port is stitched onto a muscle,ive changed my co-codamol dispersible for diclofenac and oh my god ,wish id done it days ago

and for the bandsters out there,who have kids who like to argue or scrap,dont get invoved, and stay away from people who irritate you as shouting is VERY painful and it causes your stitches to throb for some time afterwards,so not worth it,

anyway hope this has answered some more questions for you and good luck to the bandsters for friday,

this time next week,you will be ova the worst,but please experiment with pain relief,as i wish someone had told me this,i could have saved myself a lot of pain,feel da love,the fox:thumbup::cursing:

hi all!!! glad ur all well good luck to those being banded b4 Xmas ur brave!!. I'm having a fill 2nd Jan in Bristol anyone else going on this date? can i get a double fill as i've had to wait 9 weeks for my first fill? any help appreciated

Hello all,

This is my first post, i am considering dr chris though i am very scared as I will be traveling alone, i am from Egypt, and i have been saving up for 2 years now for this, i am on a very tight budget so taking someone with me is not an option and being alone scares me the most!, I don’t think I will be able to travel after only 2 days of the operation as it will be a looooong flight , I really don’t know what to do, so any advice ? :huh2:

Hello all,

This is my first post, i am considering dr chris though i am very scared as I will be traveling alone, i am from Egypt, and i have been saving up for 2 years now for this, i am on a very tight budget so taking someone with me is not an option and being alone scares me the most!, I don’t think I will be able to travel after only 2 days of the operation as it will be a looooong flight , I really don’t know what to do, so any advice ? :huh2:

Welcome to the forum mizofatso, how long is your flight? is there a friend or member of your family who could go with you and could pay for themselves.. i dont know what its like in egypt and if you can get cheap flights into belguim, here we have budget airlines and are able to get cheap flights. GOODLUCK :cursing:

Hi gillian and bigsister 4 WEEKS TODAY we will be banded, 1 of us will be done by now, how exciting is that.. i cant wait. x

Hello all,

This is my first post, i am considering dr chris though i am very scared as I will be traveling alone, i am from Egypt, and i have been saving up for 2 years now for this, i am on a very tight budget so taking someone with me is not an option and being alone scares me the most!, I don’t think I will be able to travel after only 2 days of the operation as it will be a looooong flight , I really don’t know what to do, so any advice ? :biggrin:

Welcome to this fab thread, I understand that finances are tight, and a few have travelled alone, if you have the management package most of the travel arrangements are taken care of for you excluding the flight, however it would seam that most people need some help at least after they land, so it might work out ok as long as there is someone at the airport to collect you, e.mail Dr. Chris he might give you further information. When are you thinking of booking for. NOTE: I'm not talking from experience because I have'nt undergone the op yet, but good luck and keep intouch I have found this group very supportive.

Hi gillian and bigsister 4 WEEKS TODAY we will be banded, 1 of us will be done by now, how exciting is that.. i cant wait. x

hi wishfull...well, which one is that gonna be then?!? we will leave it up to them!!..anyway this time in 4 weeks well all be done wont we!!..its flying, Im really busy with xmas stuff at mo,Im glad or i might get too scared!.yes i have been looking at clothes today, and i was thinking same as you!..i still have my jeans in 18s and 16s from last year,hopefully ill be back in them in couple of months!.cant fit in my 20s now!..bought some nice knickers for after op today though but thats as far as im going!..oh gonna get some posh ones incase dr chris sees em for during op too!!..x

Ah ha ,miss flump

good to have you back,no to the catheter,that was one i asked ( tho they do call the shunt in your arm for liquids a catheter)

dr chris will advise a liquid diet for 10 days. but after 7 days i was eating small children i was soooo hungry !!!

im waiting for frederik to contact me with a date for mid january for 1st fill,and im really glad cos my weight loss has all but stopped,hardly any restriction :biggrin:,at the mo

i had my husband do my bikini line the night before we left,and it really wasnt nesesary cos you have your drawers on the whole time,the incisions are above what was once my waistline,so if your wearing a bra after the op ,say for travelling,make sure its an underwire free,

been to gps about the pain in my port, there is no infection tho the port is stitched onto a muscle,ive changed my co-codamol dispersible for diclofenac and oh my god ,wish id done it days ago

and for the bandsters out there,who have kids who like to argue or scrap,dont get invoved, and stay away from people who irritate you as shouting is VERY painful and it causes your stitches to throb for some time afterwards,so not worth it,

anyway hope this has answered some more questions for you and good luck to the bandsters for friday,

this time next week,you will be ova the worst,but please experiment with pain relief,as i wish someone had told me this,i could have saved myself a lot of pain,feel da love,the fox:thumbup:;)

Hi Fox..glad your feeling better now ill remember what you said about the different tablets etc....my suitcase will be like a mobile chemist!..well, better safe than sorry!. I have to get my husband to do my bikini line too....but cos i cant see it!!..hope next year that ill be able to do it myself!! and paint and cut my toenails etc too! I shall try my best to keep away from my kids, and david arguing then too, but shouting is my best hobby, ill have to start flower arranging or summat instead till its healed enough?!.I will be done 4 weeks today...just cant wait to get it over and done with now x

;) Bigsister what am i gonna do!!??.. I cant shout for few weeks after op!!..Fox gave me that tip, and said dont be around anyone who irritated you either David and kids will think i am turning nice, cant have him thinking that now..Hmm..I shall record myself and play it when needed, and sometimes when not needed, just so they dont get used to it! ..I can see i will end up bursting my stitches!:biggrin:

Hi to everyone, I can't even think about how close it is. Everyone else seems to be so organised in the run up including clothing, medication etc but I can't even think about that sort of planning really at least until Xmas/New Year is over. Also, the post op pain descriptions seem to have got worse as time goes on -or is it just me? Have been e-mailing to see if I could pay by a bank transfer or similar prior to the op so I didn't have to carry such a huge sum around with me but have been told no. I did ask what would happen if the money got stolen but got no answer to that apart from them saying that it doesn't seem to have been a problem so far. All well and good but that would be no comfort to the first person it may happen to - 4,000 euros out of pocket and no surgery to show for it either. Not really happy about that arrangement when I offered to pay well in advance so the money would be at their disposal before the surgery date. Anyway, well done all recent bandsters, it is really encouraging to hear you all doing so well and taking the time & trouble to pass on your advice and tips - much appreciated. Also, will be thinking of Miss Flump and Tropical Lagoon next week and sending you best wishes and hoping you at least feel comfortable over Xmas, let us all know how you're doing, G x

Hi bigsister, your not the only one not organised.. i still havnt invested in my joggers :biggrin: i know what you mean bwt what people are saying bwt the pain, but it wont be for long.. and im sure the end results will be worth it all. im just looking forward 2 aving it done x

Hi bigsister, your not the only one not organised.. i still havnt invested in my joggers :biggrin: i know what you mean bwt what people are saying bwt the pain, but it wont be for long.. and im sure the end results will be worth it all. im just looking forward 2 aving it done x

Think I have got big joggers sorted - have got a very attractive pair about 12 years old that I use to slob around the house in and will take those cos don't want to invest in anything I don't need to. Obviously I will be wearing these with sexy crop top (size 20) - just to let the air get to my wounds of course - but will cover up when we leave cos don't want to be driving all the male population crazy with desire! I can't say I'm particularly looking forward to the immediate post op (and lack of sympathy from partner) but of course I'm looking forward to the results and a transformation hopefully by summer next year. Be seeing you soon now, G x

Hello all,

This is my first post, i am considering dr chris though i am very scared as I will be traveling alone, i am from Egypt, and i have been saving up for 2 years now for this, i am on a very tight budget so taking someone with me is not an option and being alone scares me the most!, I don’t think I will be able to travel after only 2 days of the operation as it will be a looooong flight , I really don’t know what to do, so any advice ? :biggrin:

Hi Mizofatso, and welcome. Glad you have found this site, you will find no end of useful info and friendly support here. If you really can't get anyone to accompany you, would it be possible for you to stay a couple of extra nights in Belgium so you would be more recovered for a long flight home? A little more expense I know but would probably be worth it if you felt better? Let us all know when and what you have decided, bigsister x

Think I have got big joggers sorted - have got a very attractive pair about 12 years old that I use to slob around the house in and will take those cos don't want to invest in anything I don't need to. Obviously I will be wearing these with sexy crop top (size 20) - just to let the air get to my wounds of course - but will cover up when we leave cos don't want to be driving all the male population crazy with desire! I can't say I'm particularly looking forward to the immediate post op (and lack of sympathy from partner) but of course I'm looking forward to the results and a transformation hopefully by summer next year. Be seeing you soon now, G x

hey gillian ( soz cant call you big sister as i have one and shes a right b***ch)anyway, stitches out today, PAINLESS !! was feeling really scared to cough etc, but left the docs went shopping for xmas pressies ,(ended up with a 3 k leather suite !!!!!!!) no difference then,forgot my painkillers and thought my pain was down to doc fiddling with me !!! but then realised id been lying ,sitting,bouncing on various sofas for about 2 hours,( hows that for coming on from surgery, never thought a week ago id ever bounce again,so there you go):biggrin:

anyway it really is amazing just how good you can feel just10 days after surgery,im going to try a glass of wine or two before xmas,purely for you guys of course in the name of medical science:sneaky:;), has anyone whose been banded recently, had a drink yet and what happened, did you get the hangover from hell?

im glad i decided to get my band when i did as i will be healed enough to have xmas dinner and some fun at ne"erday,then i will get a fill in january and the real work will begin

the fox:thumbup: