Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Still no better news with the euro, so once I'm accepted I'm going to start converting £'s to Euro on a weekly basis, so that if it falls more I'll at least have some purchased but also if it rises I can at least take some benefit from the increase. Still waiting for confirmation with the date so checking my e,mails every few hours.:blushing:

Edited by mmm

Hi mmm if ur booking direct with dr chris i would mail frederik again and ask him for ur date and if u want it soon make sure u ask for as soon a date as possible which is usually 4to5wks but put the pressure on and dont be afraid to mail him cos sometimes he forgets or puts it on the long finger cos nothing worse than waiting on mail i tortured him with mails he knows to reply to me asap now lol

Hey Miss Flump

Hope your not checking our grammar !!!!!,( or our grampa for that matter )

listen all you will need for the hospital is knickers,cos they give you a gown,there is a hand towel in the washroom,and they will clean your stitches while you are there,

you will need toothbrush ,toothpaste,deodorant,hair brush and if hairs long a scrunchie or hair clip to tie it up,

i took loose joggers and a dark t shirt with a pattern on the front,trainers and a plain black hoody,i couldnt have possible worn a bra if my life was dependant on it,and im a 46ff,!!!!!!

Before you leave you will pick up a pack at the nurses station which contains, painkillers,anti nausea tabs( 3 of ,so use sparingly)pink antiseptic wash ( to use when changing dressings on day 3, tho i had to do mine sooner,cos of a reaction to the dressing )and your lovely last but not least injections for preventing blood clots,the needle is very sharp so very little pain there,small sting for a second,thats all

your wounds will be covered,oh and you will also get anti embolism stockings,so leave yours at home,im just mentally trying to tick off your list what you said you are taking,and as this is not a regular holiday where we all take loads of stuff we dont need or even use,leave as much as you can at home!!!!!!

any way good luck and any more questions ,just ask,:mad2:

Hi fox who done your injections once you got home? is it best they are done different sides (left side then right side alternative) or doesnt it really matter, my partner wont b able 2 do them so iv got 2 let gillian do mine the morn b4 we come home :blushing:. once were home the nurse is going 2 do them or i should say 'was' cos i dont think ill b able 2 drive..after reading ur msgs and i dont think i cud do them myself x

Still no better news with the euro, so once I'm accepted I'm going to start converting £'s to Euro on a weekly basis, so that if it falls more I'll at least have some purchased but also if it rises I can at least take some benefit from the increase. Still waiting for confirmation with the date so checking my e,mails every few hours.:blushing:

Hi mmm why dont you email fredrik again and say if you dont hear from him with surgery date you will book through someone else.. im sure you will get a reply very quick, when i booked through europe surgery i ad a email and phone call the same day confirming a date we were both happy with, goodluck x :mad2:

Hi fox who done your injections once you got home? is it best they are done different sides (left side then right side alternative) or doesnt it really matter, my partner wont b able 2 do them so iv got 2 let gillian do mine the morn b4 we come home :blushing:. once were home the nurse is going 2 do them or i should say 'was' cos i dont think ill b able 2 drive..after reading ur msgs and i dont think i cud do them myself x

what do you mean wishfull!!!..Im the ladies darts champ at our local!!...so just bend down and ill go for the bullseye!!!. Gillian X

Hey Miss Flump

Hope your not checking our grammar !!!!!,( or our grampa for that matter )

listen all you will need for the hospital is knickers,cos they give you a gown,there is a hand towel in the washroom,and they will clean your stitches while you are there,

you will need toothbrush ,toothpaste,deodorant,hair brush and if hairs long a scrunchie or hair clip to tie it up,

i took loose joggers and a dark t shirt with a pattern on the front,trainers and a plain black hoody,i couldnt have possible worn a bra if my life was dependant on it,and im a 46ff,!!!!!!

Before you leave you will pick up a pack at the nurses station which contains, painkillers,anti nausea tabs( 3 of ,so use sparingly)pink antiseptic wash ( to use when changing dressings on day 3, tho i had to do mine sooner,cos of a reaction to the dressing )and your lovely last but not least injections for preventing blood clots,the needle is very sharp so very little pain there,small sting for a second,thats all

your wounds will be covered,oh and you will also get anti embolism stockings,so leave yours at home,im just mentally trying to tick off your list what you said you are taking,and as this is not a regular holiday where we all take loads of stuff we dont need or even use,leave as much as you can at home!!!!!!

any way good luck and any more questions ,just ask,:blushing:

Hey fox your giving some really great advice here..its good for our preparation, and appreciated!..thanks, Gillian x

have got to wait until 22nd jan for my first fill so that seems quite late compaired to some people? Reply to Gillian... not too much pain only when i bend to be honest which i presume is quite normal?!!

thanks for your reply! I am looking forward to bending down even with a little bit of pain...with my rolls of fat i havent been able to bend down for ages, cos i can either bend down...or breathe,but not both at same time!..breathing always wins!..but hopefully i can get my shoes and socks on easier when i have shifted some of this weight!...well done anyway, your doing great!

Hi everyone - just wanted to say a big hello and welcome to the new people on the forum and also well done to bytheseaside and alfie858 on your fantastic weight loss; I hope I do that well.

Thanks mmm for the info on the best exchange rates for the euro - it is dire at the minute isn't it :-(

Good luck to all of you who are due to be banded soon too- my best wishes go with you for a safe and successful trip

Thank you also to you Gillian for your witty banter - it is helping keep my nerves at bay. I'm pleased I am not having my band fitted the same day as you as my stiches wouldn't stay in situ very long!! T x

Hi TC!..hope you had a great weekend in york, its lovely isnt it..did you do the night ghost walk!? scary! suppose there were the christmas market and craft stalls were there?..hope you are eating well in the run up to new year cos well be on the liver shrinking low fat diet after!..im making sure i get my fill! its one of reasons i booked for mid january!. I love my xmas meals! isnt everyone doing well whos been banded!..we will be doing well soon too, not long, that january is zooming up! I cant wait to get it over and done with and know ill be nervous when it comes nearer..I just hope i dont run out of the hospital exit!!..sure big sister and wishfull will hold me back!..I hope i go in first, or i might be off when i see them come back from op!

Hi gillian, i think u, me and bigsis can do eachothers injections at the same time.. 123 throw, with our eyes closed of course.. should be a laugh if nothing else. I did hope i was going 2 go 1st BUT we can put our names in the hat and let dr chris pull em out. on a serious note.. what are you like after aving a anaesthetic cos im not brilliant, when i ad surgery last year..as a day case. I ended up staying in hospital cos my blood pressure went really low.. it knocked me about 4 a few days.. on the other hand other times iv been ok so i hope im going 2 be ok in belgium

Hi gillian, i think u, me and bigsis can do eachothers injections at the same time.. 123 throw, with our eyes closed of course.. should be a laugh if nothing else. I did hope i was going 2 go 1st BUT we can put our names in the hat and let dr chris pull em out. on a serious note.. what are you like after aving a anaesthetic cos im not brilliant, when i ad surgery last year..as a day case. I ended up staying in hospital cos my blood pressure went really low.. it knocked me about 4 a few days.. on the other hand other times iv been ok so i hope im going 2 be ok in belgium

Hi wishfull, yes i do the same after surgery too, low blood pressure, it seems quite normal for me that though as my blood pressure is on the low side anyway..but it makes you very tired and dizzy. also, Im always sick after surgery too, its the anaesthetic, but they give me a injection after here and it goes very quick so i will tell em that beforehand, cos you should try not to be sick as much as poss, as you can imagine. yes well leave it up to doctor chris who hes gonna do first then!.op only takes 20 mins or so apparantly, and then with stitching up etc, prob about an hour??...(Ill ask the others) so we should all be done within a morning or afternoon if he just does one after the other?!. x

Hi Fox/ bytheseaside/flirtylass, all the other post bandsters..heres one for you!!..how long do you reckon your in the operating theatre in total?.. do you know how many patients dr chris does in one day? do you get a pre med or do you walk to theatre?..ok then, that was more than one question! thanks Gillian x

Hi Vixon, Are you all ready for Friday????? Are you nervous, excited, terrified? I've successfully managed to avoid flapping up til now! I've been finishing up the taught part of my master degree so that has thankfully occupied me. But now it's done and I've launched into complete panic mode, Pre-op diet hasn't been that successful have lost about 3lbs gahhhh. we're arriving about 3.30 in the hotel. What time are you getting in? Hopefully we'll run into one another, I'm very short (5ft 1) overweight and dark haired. It may be easier to identify us by looking for a shortish bloke with ridiculously curly hair!! Looking forward to starting this journey with you. C u Thursday:thumbup:.

Kay

Hi Lily - I'm flying into Brussels Int and back via Charleroi.

I'm not thrilled at the ryanair sale at the moment - my flights have been booked for 2 months and seats on the same flight are now 140 euros cheaper :blushing:. Glad someone is benefiting though and the more expensive flights already being booked kept me focused during a bad patch financially where it would have been easy to just write off the cost of the flights and re-arrange the op for a later date.

Sorry I digress lol. Charleroi airport has it's own website - just google it and it gives details of a shuttlebus from the train station in brussels right to the airport. There is also a taxi firm that advertises brussels to charelroi for 75 euros so frederik offering to add it for 250 euros is over inflated even for a 2 way trip.

Hi mmm why dont you email fredrik again and say if you dont hear from him with surgery date you will book through someone else.. im sure you will get a reply very quick, when i booked through europe surgery i ad a email and phone call the same day confirming a date we were both happy with, goodluck x :mad2:

Thanks wishfull I did as you suggested and got my answer its..............YES..... woop woop, I,ve now got to send a deposit by bank transfer,I'll try and sort that out tomorrow. Thanks for making me forceful and assertive. Its FRI 13th for me.:blushing:

Good luck lilykay and vixon, thinking of you both, keep us updated on you progress Love and Hugs xx

Hi Wishfull, I think the eldest should go first, which will be me! Although I still haven't had the confirmation and alternative payment info I requested from Bridget. Think I will have to text her, better still be booked in. I will go mad if not as I told my partner last night - felt like a teenager asking their Dad for a tattoo! He didn't kick off as I expected but it's obvious he won't be coming and doesn't agree with it but appears to have accepted it which is the main thing I suppose. Don't have as much time on my hands as littlesister (gillian) as I work full time and am extremely busy at the moment with other stuff as well. She is a serial texter too, once she starts, she doesn't know where to stop - don't give her your mobile number whatever you do, she will stalk you! Be seeing you very soon now, G x