Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Thanks for the welcome, feeling a bit jittery, will I, wont I, Can I, cant I, should I, should'nt I. I'm hoping to make my mind up in a few days. But if I do have it done I have already decided its Dr Chris for me.

When I've been reading the treads and people have said they were nervious I though 'get a grip' but now when its me I understand what they were feeling, and of course its a lot of money in these uncertain times.

I have no worries about the operation or the traveling. Its just whether its the right operation for me, now. My daughter had a band fitted 18 months ago with bupa and I went to every appointment with her, and was with her within 10 mins of her coming out of the theatre so I know what to expect, I was with her for every fill which she had with MRI.

I suppose its more of the money side, and the uncertainty on if I should be borrowing the money, and what will happen if there is no work and I cant pay it back. I had a gastric balloon last Jan but that didnt work for me and cost me £3000, but its grateto hear all the success stories on this site. Happy banding. :tt1:

HI mmm, i have spoken 2 tullie law on many occasions and found her 2 b very pushy, i have booked with bridget on europesurgery, i found her very nice, not pushy and also cheaper than tullie, i am also getting banded on the 16th jan with gillian and bigsister. it is a lot ov money but im sure everyone who has been banded would say its worth every penny, just think how your life will change, all the new things you will be able to do, you have got to do what is right for u, goodluck x

Hi TC, gillian's bigsis here. When is your date? Will you be paying in cash or have you arranged something else? Also looking forward to hearing from Fox and thinking of her and that all went well, G x

Hey Bigsister....I am actually the bigger of us so your name is not apt!..hope wishfull is a good referee in the hosp!..you and wishfull can sit either side of the plane and ill get put in the hold...I hope that the plane manages to get airbourne!..Biggerlittlesister

Hi Wishfull...like that about the plane being balanced out!!:tt1: ooh its getting closer!!..OMG :whistle: did you see that prog about women going to turkey last night for good times with toy boys?!! trip cost her 3K..well i think that spending 3K on this is better investment!!! dont feel guilty anymore!..I gave David a choice..i could do this trip or Id do that if he still didnt approve!:tt1::whistle:..! x

Thanks Gillians and gang, I think someone should warn the pilot, he'll be giggling so much with your antics on the plane.

In answer to your comments about the gastric balloon. IT WAS HORRID. they put this this frankfurter sized solid lump of plastic down your throat when you are awake I shiver when I think about it, of course all your instincts are to chuck it up but they hold your head down so you cant move, then when thats over you feel ok, but with in an hour you body try to reject this foreign body and trys to regurgitate it, and you get pains like labour pains, after about three days the body accepts it. It does stop you eating for a short while, but it didnt last long,and you can only sleep lieing on your left side. I lost under a stone in 6 months. its not worth the money or the pain. Taking it out is just as bad as it is going in, but you dont get the pain after. In my opinion not worth the money or the inconvience, although another lady lost 5 stone in the 6 months, but I dont know if she kept the weight off.

I have found out that the price of £3,500 does not include the hotel, so I will prob book direct.

Thanks Gillians and gang, I think someone should warn the pilot, he'll be giggling so much with your antics on the plane.

In answer to your comments about the gastric balloon. IT WAS HORRID. they put this this frankfurter sized solid lump of plastic down your throat when you are awake I shiver when I think about it, of course all your instincts are to chuck it up but they hold your head down so you cant move, then when thats over you feel ok, but with in an hour you body try to reject this foreign body and trys to regurgitate it, and you get pains like labour pains, after about three days the body accepts it. It does stop you eating for a short while, but it didnt last long,and you can only sleep lieing on your left side. I lost under a stone in 6 months. its not worth the money or the pain. Taking it out is just as bad as it is going in, but you dont get the pain after. In my opinion not worth the money or the inconvience, although another lady lost 5 stone in the 6 months, but I dont know if she kept the weight off.

That sounds like torture :tt1: i'm glad i didnt go for that option, think u wud b better booking direct, we got cheap flights wiv ryanair and the hotel was a good price 2 x

Hi Wishfull...like that about the plane being balanced out!!:tt1: ooh its getting closer!!..OMG :whistle: did you see that prog about women going to turkey last night for good times with toy boys?!! trip cost her 3K..well i think that spending 3K on this is better investment!!! dont feel guilty anymore!..I gave David a choice..i could do this trip or Id do that if he still didnt approve!:tt1::whistle:..! x
can just imagine the pilot seeing me, u and bigsister bwt 2 get on the plane and puts full throttle on so we miss the flight and we end uprunning down the runway after him, not a good sight x

You might like to pack some sleep or really soft bra's for you trip home my daughter had difficultydoing her's up because the port is just below the bra line and really hurt if she put pressure on in for for the first week. If I remember other things we did I let you all know.:tt1:

Hello and welcome!! - I was originally going to book with Tullia Law, however after reading the posts on this forum I have now booked directly with Dr Chris for 4070 euros (includes op, taxis and hotel) I think it is the cheaper option?? The people on here have been a great support to me and although I have researched the whole procedure for a long time I have found more info on this site than any other and now feel fully informed and ready to have the band fitted. Good luck with whatever you decide. T x

Hi everyone,

I booked through Tullia Law and she gave me a price of £3500 to inc the first fill and the hotel fee. Which is the best price I got....

Myself and my mother are getting the band on (FRIDAY THE 13TH) of Feb. I am very nervous, but also excited. She asks for £500 deposit and the balance to be paid 2 weeks prior to surgery.:(

I would ring and confirm that the price includes the hotel fee, because Tullia telephoned me yesterday and said that although the hotel is in on introduction information the price IS NOT included for the hotel and that has to be paid in addition to the £3,500 I found it a bit confusing. If you recieved the same info as me there is a heading which says 'The cost of your Gastric Band Surgery includes the following' and if you look at that list you will see the hotel is not on the included price. Ring Tullia to confirm but please let me know because I'm ready to book now, and just waiting to find right deal.:lol:

I would ring and confirm that the price includes the hotel fee, because Tullia telephoned me yesterday and said that although the hotel is in on introduction information the price IS NOT included for the hotel and that has to be paid in addition to the £3,500 I found it a bit confusing. If you recieved the same info as me there is a heading which says 'The cost of your Gastric Band Surgery includes the following' and if you look at that list you will see the hotel is not on the included price. Ring Tullia to confirm but please let me know because I'm ready to book now, and just waiting to find right deal.:lol:

Hi mmm,

Yes it is £3500 without the hotel but I was going to book with another agent so she decided to include the hotel fees. Just tell her you want thehotel in the price and if she wants your booking she will accomadate you. When are you thinking of getting the band??? :)

You might like to pack some sleep or really soft bra's for you trip home my daughter had difficultydoing her's up because the port is just below the bra line and really hurt if she put pressure on in for for the first week. If I remember other things we did I let you all know.:lol:

thanks for the tip about the bras...I have my old maternity bras....bit grey and bit tatty and very soft and comfy!!im gonna look great, especially with my lovely joggers on too! gillian x

looking to book as soon as Dr Chris approves me. I have sent him an e.mail which he has responded to wanting to know about my medical background, he said he would pass the enquiery onto his team, but I hav'nt heard anything yet. Woop Woop. wont be long now.

Gillian you will be fab, take a photo of yourself in your 'not to be run over by a bus bra', and your 'room for two' joggers and then compare it next xmas when your in Your LITTLE Black Dress that will be a great motivator.

Is Tropical Lagoon the next to go to Brussels? or is anyone else going before Christmas?

good luck fox!..(I dont mind you shouting!)...youll be all over the place today I suppose?!.excitement and nerves etc?!..you get your feelings across!, and I wish you the very best of luck and hope your soon back telling us how well its all gone. it will all be over this time tomorrow, and yes, all your forum friends will be thinking about you,dont worry. Gillian X

HEY TC27 AND GILLIAN AND ALL THE BANDSTERS,

ITS THE FOX !!!!

ALL IN CAPITAL LETTERS, CAN I JUST EXPLAIN TO ANYONE NOT DONE YET OR NOT EVEN CLOSE THIS WAS JUST HOW I FELT,AND SO AS NOT TO UPSET ANYONE, I WAS SHOUTING !!.anyway calmer now,

i chickened out !!!! JOKING, and banded and dusted,back home had a fab sleep in my own bed,and im feeling like ive been hit by a bus,it now feels like a small bus granted, in comparison to an aeroplane,its amazing what a difference a few days can make, ive just come downstairs for some painkillers and couldnt resist signing in although sitting at comp not recommended this early on!!!!!!!!! juast wanted to say thank you for the support girls,everything went fine.except that i had a crazy belgian gereatric patient in my room,but before you panic aparently this is not normal !well gotta go will leave much more details when i feel better, any questions just ask, good night and god bless you all,the fox:thumbup: