Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey,everyone,hopefully this question isn't so out there that it's difficult to answer si here goes :

Besides the obivious,not being able to eat as much,how or should I say what other ways can you tell the pounds/inches are dropping,like do you unite alot more,bowel move more frequently, sleep more,feel different, I mean what are some key points of your weightloss,"Where do the pounds /inches vanish to?".

May be a weird question but I'm guessing others have wonder the same things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using the BariatricPal App

I guess the easiest way to describe it is to look at excess body fat as stored energy. Your body stores fat so it has the energy it needs when your body runs low. This fat is chemically changes to a form your body can use when needed. When you are taking in less fuel (Food/calories) your body switches over to burning fat for fuel. So since our diet changes after surgery our bodies do not get the amount of fuel it is use to having so it goes into the fat stores to make up the difference. Burn the fats stores and you lose fat, which equals losing weight.

Just to add to the response above... during extreme weight loss, the body can also use muscle tissue to produce energy, not just fat. This is why strength training is very, very important for a bariatric patient after surgery.

Some things that have changed for me after having lost 78 lbs:

- Bowel movements are once or twice a week... and sometimes it's... difficult. This is because of how little we eat.

- I sleep a hell of a lot better than I did at close to 300. I no longer wake up several times a night.

- Bladder leaking while sneezing, etc issues are completely gone. I also no longer need to pee during the night.

- I can wear dresses without my thighs rubbing each other raw.

- Packing lunch for work takes me less than 10 minutes. It goes like this: Put a greek yogurt into the bag, throw a few shrimp into a container with sauce on the side, add a cheese stick for later, and Protein hot chocolate mix for the afternoon. Done.

- Sex is a lot easier and more fun because mobility has greatly increased.

- My periods, which had been irregular before, are now a lot more regular (still a bit off, but improving)

I'm sure others will add some, but those have been some of the big ones for me :)

Edited by Erissel