Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for Buddy/Mentor...please

Hi my name is Ann I live in NY and I'm looking for some buddies too. I'm 44 years old and really nervous about the surgery, I'm thinking mine will be in March or April !!!

Sent from my N9132 using the BariatricPal App

Hello my beautiful darlings!

I had surgery in 2007 at gastric bypass of America. And it was the best place ever for the surgery! If your stuck at a certain weight my dr would tell his patience " are you drinking 80oz of Water? Are you taking your Vitamins? Are you drinking 40 grams of Protein powder everyday?" He said I can not tell you enough how important those 3 things are for your health and weight loss! And I have lost 137 lbs since 2007! I put some weight back on a yr ago and started doing those 3 things again and the weight fell off again. I am 134 lbs today.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

If I can give you 1 piece of advice they don't talk about enough in the pre op or post op visits! I am telling you this because it will save you from misery possibly even death! DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL OR TAKE ANY OPIOIDS! Not a drop! Not a single pill! I was not a drinker at all before surgery and I went through my second divorce and moved in with my recently divorced best friend. We started going out on weekends and all of a sudden I was getting hit on by gorgeous men and weekends turned into weekends n ladies night and then we started drinking at home first because it was cheaper and then go to the bar.... long story short I became an alcoholic and I mean the for real kind! I almost died so many time in a high rise I moved into I just know an ambulance had to come get me 57 times in 1 yr and I started having seizures from drinking and from withdrawals! 3 rehabs and finally I started begging god to do what ever it would take to save me and I went to a place here in Omaha Ne called Campus for Hope. I have been sober 2 1/2 yrs now I go to meetings 5 days a week and I am still repairing the wreckage I created with my drinking. I know your thinking oh that won't happen to me... I traded my addiction for food to alcohol and attention from others! It's called co addiction. I beg you all to google the statistics on this! One of my meetings I go to are all people who had gastric bypass surgery or some kind of weight loss surgery. It's real it's your worst enemy. Opioids are just as bad I had major surgery on my mouth and then had a near fatal car wreck and before I knew it I was withdrawing from them. I guess I had been a total wreck for months from all the meds they had me on. I don't remember months of my life from the meds they were pumping in me 9 out of 10 were addictive. When you ever go to the hospital or dr be sure to tell them you had gastric bypass surgery and are highly susceptible to addiction. It will help save you from a traumatic side effect of this surgery.

Hello Sharon ironically I'm 46, from VA and I'm having the VSG on Monday January 23. What part of Virginia do you live?

Sent from my SM-T377T using the BariatricPal App

I live in Blacksburg. Having surgery in Roanoke with Dr Salzberg.

Sent from my LGL62VL using the BariatricPal App

I love muscle milk and Isopure both are great in Water. The milk needs to go! Do 3 shakes a day and 80oz of water and vitamins! Also eat lean foods and zero sugar. This will help you for after surgery as well because you will need to do it the rest of your life.

If I can give you 1 piece of advice they don't talk about enough in the pre op or post op visits! I am telling you this because it will save you from misery possibly even death! DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL OR TAKE ANY OPIOIDS! Not a drop! Not a single pill! I was not a drinker at all before surgery and I went through my second divorce and moved in with my recently divorced best friend. We started going out on weekends and all of a sudden I was getting hit on by gorgeous men and weekends turned into weekends n ladies night and then we started drinking at home first because it was cheaper and then go to the bar.... long story short I became an alcoholic and I mean the for real kind! I almost died so many time in a high rise I moved into I just know an ambulance had to come get me 57 times in 1 yr and I started having seizures from drinking and from withdrawals! 3 rehabs and finally I started begging god to do what ever it would take to save me and I went to a place here in Omaha Ne called Campus for Hope. I have been sober 2 1/2 yrs now I go to meetings 5 days a week and I am still repairing the wreckage I created with my drinking. I know your thinking oh that won't happen to me... I traded my addiction for food to alcohol and attention from others! It's called co addiction. I beg you all to google the statistics on this! One of my meetings I go to are all people who had gastric bypass surgery or some kind of weight loss surgery. It's real it's your worst enemy. Opioids are just as bad I had major surgery on my mouth and then had a near fatal car wreck and before I knew it I was withdrawing from them. I guess I had been a total wreck for months from all the meds they had me on. I don't remember months of my life from the meds they were pumping in me 9 out of 10 were addictive. When you ever go to the hospital or dr be sure to tell them you had gastric bypass surgery and are highly susceptible to addiction. It will help save you from a traumatic side effect of this surgery.

Congratulations on your recovery. I was married to an alcoholic so I know how hard it is to quit. Keep up the good work with your weight journey too hugs

Hi I had surgery may 28th 2014 I was doing everything to the t until my home caught fire then I started to slip I'm down 126 Pounds I weigh 137 / 140 I also have gained 5 pounds so I'm getting ready to get back on track do the 48 hour restart I would love to be ur buddy to help each other on line and off

I can help, plus we all need to talk to each other, my family is very supportive, but getting tired of hearing about it 24/7. Can’t blame them, I am tired of thinking about it ! I had my surgery on 9/14/17.

Back in hospital, having problems with gall bladder, may have to have it removed. Feeling sry defeated and truly thinking what the hell have I done to myself!

Hello, I'm looking for a buddy/Mentor who is going to have or has had gastric bypass surgery. I'm a 46-year-old female. Still going through the process to have the surgery, hopefully April or May. I live in Va.

I had the bypass on friday, Nov. 10. I live in md. How are you doing so far?

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello, I'm looking for a buddy/Mentor who is going to have or has had gastric bypass surgery. I'm a 46-year-old female. Still going through the process to have the surgery, hopefully April or May. I live in Va.

I had the bypass on friday, Nov. 10. I live in md. How are you doing so far?

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app