Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Snowing in Texas

Your boss sounds like mine. We can't leave until 4:00 right at rush hour! I am sure we have to be right back here at 7:00 like normal in the morn too. Sometimes I hate this place...

Your boss sounds like mine. We can't leave until 4:00 right at rush hour! I am sure we have to be right back here at 7:00 like normal in the morn too. Sometimes I hate this place...

I'm lucky, I get to stay till 5:00! UGH! I would love to be home with my blanket and a hot cup of tea! I could enjoy this snow if I could sit in and look out! I have to admit it is pretty to look at right now, but I am not crazy about going out in it. lol

The roofs are white in Texas and we have only one or two flakes still on the ground in Chicago. What's up with that? I'm another one who feels colder since I've lost some of my insulation. I've only had three hot flashes so far, and I sure could use one about now! For the first time in my life I've bought a space heater. That, plus a down comforter and 80 pounds of dog taking up half the bed, seems to work.

Please... PLEASE send me some of that white stuff!!!! It has been YEARS since

SW Louisiana has seen a single snow flake!

I get really, really cold all the time now. I didn't used to. My friends used to wear their coats in my house! Now I keep my house warmer.

I know you guys are going to scoff, but it is 40 - 50 degrees here with a freezing cold wind blowing. I know that sounds really lame. We get snow about once every 5 years. No one can drive in snow here, so as soon as it snows we go home and stay off the roads for the very short duration. You guys are lucky to have pretty white stuff every year. :D

P.S. If you want "not too hot or cold" this is the absolute best place to live. :D

They are starting to close the colleges and some of the businesses here. It is below freezing and the roads are wet. I bet it is going to be very bad in the morning. It is supposed to get down in the teens tonight!

I drank a cup of hot tea, sat with a blanket and still was cold. I finally went in and sat in a hot tub of Water, I am warm for the first time today.

One thing about it getting that cold here is the houses are as insulated as they are up north, so the cold really makes a big difference here.

Becky, that sounds like here. The last real snow that stayed on the ground for several days - was years ago. People were sliding through stop signs right and left. They don't know how to drive in it! All the cars had snowmen built on their hoods. Just about everyone took off work and played. The bosses didn't even question it. Dogs didn't know what to do with their paws. Too funny!

Our snow never stays more than a day or two. And it is barely half an inch on the ground, if that. But it is very special when it happens. Our animals never know what it is, either. :laugh How are you feeling lately? Reflux gone?

Betty, I'm so glad you are home and warm. Storms can be very pleasant if we get to stay nice and cozy inside.

Yes, you definitely want to be on the inside looking out. Hope those not as fortunate have a warm shelter for tonight with plenty of warm Soup.< /p>

I have an announcement!

It's snowing in Houston right this minute and the snow is sticking! The roofs are white and the grass is getting there! Kids are out making snowballs. I remember it snowed once about 20 years ago, but it didn't stick. This is great. We may even have a White Christmas. Falalalala!

Nancy

Snow and cold is the common thing here in Detroit. We get it right after Zoe does in Chicago.

Just shoveled 8" of that beautiful white stuff two days ago

Tonight I left my in laws to head to church for 10pm services. Got to church at 9:30 for a short choir practice before services and then had the mass. Got out church at 11:30 and went to my car to head to work and my three bottles of Propell where frozen already. Now thats cold. Its like 5 degrees out there right now.

Since being banded and lossing weight I'm cold all the time and never was before. Dr says its because when you carry that extra weight your systems are always active and that creates warmth. Used to sleep in the winter time without blankets and was always comfortable. Now its PJ's socks and two blankets and comforter. And I'm still chilled. lol Oh well I'll take this instead of the extra weight.