Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Everyone is different. I was sore for the first 2 days (body aches and major fatigue). I honestly felt as if I had been beaten; or close to what the flu feels like, lol. For about 3 weeks, it was very hard to swallow liquid. I couldn't gulp at all, and sometimes even the sips were too much. This happened so often that it was as if I had forgotten what normal felt like. Luckily, I didn't experience any nausea. I'm actually very surprised because I'm so prone to getting nauseous when I have a Migraine. So I thought it was odd that even major surgery couldn't make me feel sick to my stomach, lol. XD

Have you taken your B12 Vitamins yet? I'm not sure how I recovered so instantly... I remember coming home and sleeping in my mom's bed for hours (my room was occupied by a hyper Labrador retriever, and I wasn't in the mood to be jumped on, lol). I woke up a few hours later, and that's when the horrible body aches began. I was so sore and I was nearly convinced that I had a fever (but I didn't). So I sat down for a few minutes, drank some Powerade Zero, took a B12 Vitamin (these are my favorite http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/i/spin/image/spin_prod_ec_779673801??hei=64&wid=64&qlt=50), and went back to sleep for another several hours. When I woke back up, the body aches were completely gone. I don't know if the B12 helped, but I was wondering how I could feel so awful, and then feel so much better just from taking a long nap.

I also felt sore in my chest area. I had a hiatal hernia fixed, so I think mine was a mix of swelling and costochondritis.

It could be any of these things: Costochondritis, trapped gas, swelling from the surgery, or a bruise on the muscle. Are you resting enough? You could also be overexerting yourself.

Thank you for such a thorough comment. My body is still very achy as well. My shoulders, sides, back, everything lol. Thank God, I woke up today feeling quite a bit better than yesterday. I'm still sore, but not like I have been. I talked to my surgeon yesterday and he said it's just muscle soreness. I see him on Friday, so I can't wait to see what he has to say. I've been on a recliner since I got home from the hospital which has made it almost impossible to sleep. Last night I was able to lay at an uncomfortable angle on my back in bed lol but I finally got good rest!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I truly think you're just sore, like your doctor said. The part where you mentioned having to lay at an uncomfortable angle sounds like it's trapped gas. When I had my gallbladder removed, I couldn't even recline for the first 3 days. I had to sleep at a 90 degree angle. The gas pain from my gallbladder removal actually lingered a bit for about 5 days, but after 3 days, it was bearable enough for me to lay down to sleep. The pain I had after my sleeve felt very similar. But luckily, the pain only lasted 2 days. So, maybe what you're feeling is soreness and a bit of leftover gas in your diaphragm.