Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band to RNY 12/6....scale hasn't moved

Hello everyone,

I had my band to RNY revision on 12/616. scale has not moved one pound.

I've read that weight loss with revisions can be slower, but has anyone experienced no weight loss over 1 week out?

I saw my doctor on 12/14. He said it's common with band to RNY revisions and told me to be patient.

You will lose. The first couple of weeks you are swollen etc. it is all Water retention etc. very common. nothing to worry about. It will start coming off.

The scale will move I promise ! I was a band to bypass on 7/29/16 and am now down 72 lbs ! You just had a big surgery !! Follow your dr and dietitians instructions , walk, make sure you get your fluids in that's key and your Vitamins ! Don't forget your Protein !!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi. I had band to RNY in August. It took almost 3 weeks for the scale to move. I actually came back from the hospital 6 lbs heavier. Have no fear, by week 3 it will start moving.

I'm 15 days out from my band to RNY revision. Although I lost 12lb in the first week the scales have completely stalled since I started on the purée stage in week 2. I've started doing some cardio in an attempt to get things moving again but so far it's had no effect.

Trying to be patient but it's sooooo frustrating!

The scale will move... I had complications with my revision so I didn't lose anything for a month because of all of the IVs etc. just concentrate on doing what you need to do and to heal after surgery, the weight will come off. I am 7 months out and down 72 lbs + 15 lbs loss more before surgery. I thought I would be that person that will not lose but my dr is saying I am making great progress, I do go through stalls very often and it gets frustrating... I am learning to just concentrate on doing what I need to do and being patient, the scale moves eventually. Keep up good work!

Hello everyone,

I had my band to RNY revision on 12/616. scale has not moved one pound.

I've read that weight loss with revisions can be slower, but has anyone experienced no weight loss over 1 week out?

I saw my doctor on 12/14. He said it's common with band to RNY revisions and told me to be patient.

How are things now daynaleigh?

Hi. I posted previously on this thread. I was up 6 lbs when I got home. I knew it was Fluid so I wasn't overly upset. It took 3 weeks before the scale showed a loss. Hang in! I was a revision from band to bypass.

I had my revision on 12/9 (three days apart!). scale has not moved much (1 pound) since I got home. Tracking everything diligently.

I had to go back in 2 days after surgery as I had a blockage/twist in my intestines (not stomach) and had to have an additional surgery.

I have found that I am progressing through the post diet almost too easily, keep my Protein up, my calories at about 800, and have not felt sick or over-stuffed at all,so that worried me... why am I not having the issues others have had? But I will consider that a blessing.

But, I am not losing weight. I think this requires a lot of patience ( my weakest attribute) and logic. There is no way I will not lose weight (you, too) when I am taking in less calories, exercising, and eating more nutritiously.

Here's the thing. With the band, I got used to disappointment and problems for over 10 years. So, I am afraid the by-pass would be disappointing, too. But it won't... my attitude and determination are different than what they were.

I read somewhere that I need to think of my pouch as "my little friend", and we need to take care of each other. That set well with me, so I insanely talk to my little pouch and might even name her :lol: :P !

Patience! Keep in touch since we are close to the same timeframes and surgeries!

Gail

Hello to you and everyone, thanks to all of you for replying!

I have lost weight, but it has been slow. Since my surgery I've lost 15 pounds. I think about that and sometimes wonder if I could have done this with weightwatchers or Jenny Craig, but I know in my heart what the answer is. I saw my doctor 1/11 and he was pleased with my progress. I've been released to soft and mushy foods until my next appointment which is march 8th. I'm doing good on my Protein and Water levels. Walking everyday. Now gonna step up my exercise. Set a goal to lose 20 by march 8th. We'll see.

I had my revision on 12/9 (three days apart!). scale has not moved much (1 pound) since I got home. Tracking everything diligently.

I had to go back in 2 days after surgery as I had a blockage/twist in my intestines (not stomach) and had to have an additional surgery.

I have found that I am progressing through the post diet almost too easily, keep my Protein up, my calories at about 800, and have not felt sick or over-stuffed at all,so that worried me... why am I not having the issues others have had? But I will consider that a blessing.

But, I am not losing weight. I think this requires a lot of patience ( my weakest attribute) and logic. There is no way I will not lose weight (you, too) when I am taking in less calories, exercising, and eating more nutritiously.

Here's the thing. With the band, I got used to disappointment and problems for over 10 years. So, I am afraid the by-pass would be disappointing, too. But it won't... my attitude and determination are different than what they were.

I read somewhere that I need to think of my pouch as "my little friend", and we need to take care of each other. That set well with me, so I insanely talk to my little pouch and might even name her :lol: :P !

Patience! Keep in touch since we are close to the same timeframes and surgeries!

Gail

I assume you are probably at purees or just starting solids. I did not feel restriction/full till I was eating solids...meats like chicken provide the most feeling of fullness. I was told to measure everything so didn't really go beyond a 1/2 cup portion. If you are looking for restriction make sure you avoid sliders like sauces etc with your meat. I assume you had similar instructions to eat meat first then vegetables and carbs if there is room.

One thing to keep in mind is as a revision patient we can end up with a bigger pouch than normal because the Banff stretches your esophagus. So an ordinary bypass patient has i hunk a 30 cc stomach. Mine is 55 cc.

That's really interesting, I definitely feel like my stomach can hold more than many people describe in the bypass forum. I've only lost 14lbs since my surgery on 3rd December. Saw my surgeon last week who said we have to be realistic and weightloss will be slower for revision surgery but that I should focus on exercise.

Kind of wondering if it was worth all this money but gotta stay positive, what's done is done!

I am making healthier choices, it's just not quite as dramatic a change as I imagined.

Gastric bypass - 3rd December 2016

4ft 10, female

HW - 217

SW - 212

CW - 183

I had so many problems with my band before the revision. My doctor told me I'm probably taking in more nutrients now than I did at the end with the band, that's why my weight loss will be slower. When I see him again I will ask him how big my pouch is and if it is bigger than other bypass patients.