Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Update: spouse left 4 days after surgery.

Hi, wanted to Thank all those back after I had my sleeve surgery on 09/19/16 & 09/23/16 my husband left me. The we'll wishes really got me through some had times cause would read them when I needed a boost. I originally thought he left due to a drug issue. I thought we would work out if he got help but didn't work out that way. I found out by doing some investing that over our last 3 1/2 years of part-time nursing school -he cheated on me while in class at night after working full time, & on clinical weekends with multiple women. I really struggled after finding this out for awhile with getting Vitamins every day, enough Water, but did Protein Drinks for Breakfast & still do for Protein amount. I got through things & doing so much better. I found out Friday also that I will be graduating nursing school. I work with claims dept for the hospital I had surgery at now. I hoping that after I pass my state exam I when take in few months I can get,a job on the baratric floor for surgery patients. I would love that even more then anything. I am writing this update so if anybody else loses their spouse after surgery -keep chin up because it will get better. Sleeve surgery on 09/19 was one of the best decision of my life. I filed for divorce & he signed papers last week, graduating nursing school from long part-time road, & am down around 50 pounds since surgery. I feel better then I have in such a long time -it is amazing how surgery can change your life for the better. I enjoy exercising, walking dogs & energy level is so much higher now. Plus hearing how well you look from others is huge boost to everyone. I hope nobody ever has to go through what I went through, but if anything hard happens in your life post surgery hang in there. Hang in there, keep chin up because trust me your life & overall health will get better & what a blessing in the changes. I do feel very, very blessed in my life again.

Sent from my SM-S902L using the BariatricPal App

I am sorry that this happened to you.

Keep that positive attitude. Your life will become happier and better without him.

Amazing attitude !!

When someone asks you how much dead weight you have lost, add his weight and feel proud :P:D;)

Hugs

Kate

Amazing spirit...God has put things in place at the right time for you..glad you had surgery b4 he left ( it may had stopped you from your journey..emotionally)..thank him for is for that:D...Hate what he did but glad he moved out your way of your blessings..now your journey all the way around is going to be AMAZING!!!! Did you hear me scream that from Missouri!!!!:D Good luck to you and keep up the good work.

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

Glad to see you are aware of all those blessings coming your way.... great job!!! Stay focussed on the positive and leave the negative in the dust! The idea of including your ex as dead wait is awesome, I second that one... lol!

From one nurse to another (you got this)... Job well done!!!!

Sent from my 5054N using the BariatricPal App

Amazing spirit...God has put things in place at the right time for you..glad you had surgery b4 he left ( it may had stopped you from your journey..emotionally)..thank him for is for that:D...Hate what he did but glad he moved out your way of your blessings..now your journey all the way around is going to be AMAZING!!!! Did you hear me scream that from Missouri!!!!:D Good luck to you and keep up the good work.

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

Thanks so much My4Brownies. Lol I heard you loud & clear. Lol. Love Missouri. Special place in my heart. I have a lot of relatives around the Jefferson City, MO. I thank God every day & will continue for being there for me through all of this & friend from church said think God had me find out all the truth too because been easier moving on in right direction I feel God has me on now without him. It was crazy he had two lives. He went to church one weekend with me & next weekend when in clinicals he was cheating on me. I am getting ready now to head to church to praise God for so many blessings in life & you are right - glad had surgery before too. I feel wonderful now & really loving myself too inside & out. God bless you & Merry Christmas too.

Glad to see you are aware of all those blessings coming your way.... great job!!! Stay focussed on the positive and leave the negative in the dust! The idea of including your ex as dead wait is awesome, I second that one... lol!

From one nurse to another (you got this)... Job well done!!!!

Sent from my 5054N using the BariatricPal App

Awh Thank you so much Dee-Dee. Means so much coming from another nurse. I loved the dead weight idea too. You understand then how hard work school was too. Oh yea -looking at blessings & putting him behind me this holiday season & moving on. Merry Christmas to you.

@ veryblessed... I really hate that you had to go through this at a time when you need support. I have been a RN for 8 years and I remember clinical plus class was a monster. So much pressure and so little time for anything else in the world. I feel he took advantage of that but the only thing he did was help to reveal God's plan for you. His word tells us that he will never leave us or forsake us. So you are never alone. You are going to be just fine, your faith and strength will get you through this. My husband was so against me having the surgery that he did not go with me to have it, my 20 year old son did. That hurt me. He said everything in the world to discourage me from having the surgery pre- op. But I prayed my way through it and God made it happen for me. I am 6 days post op and he really doesn't say much of anything about it. But I feel that as I lose more weight he is going to have some things to say. I will not allow him to make my journey about him and his negativity because this is about me becoming a better me. If it ends bad, then oh well I have to press forward. I think you are strong and blessed in every aspect of the word. Congrats on becoming a nurse and I pray that you get a job on bariatric floor because you will be a great inspiration to so many people. Take care.

Edited by Dknal2

Amazing story! My friend was sleeved this year. She received her divorce papers (she had no clue he was divorcing her) before she could discuss the surgery with him. She got her surgery, showed up to court looking HAWT! 9 months later, 100 pounds down and a new love----she is happpppppy.

Congrats on all the good things happening to you and for you!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App