Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well THAT was a wake-up call...

Well folks, I gotta tell ya: there's nothing like a rude awakening to get things going.

After serious discussions with my wife and doctor about my weight and health, I had decided to do my homework and see what I could do to make a change. I decided Lap Band was for me. That was about 5 months ago.

I have worked diligently on not gaining any weight these past months, and now that surgery is right around the corner (Oct. 11), I'm prepping myself for the pre-op diet. I'm also gettin' the jitters just a bit :phanvan

At any rate, our company had a little party the other night, and the photos were just posted. HOLY GOD. I haven't actually been in a picture for about a year now (I steer clear of cameras), but someone snapped one off.

Let's just say I am ready to start my pre-op early and get this party started! I know y'all are with me, so let's do this!

Blues---I know what you mean. I always make sure that I am the person behind the camera. We had our 25th anniversary party in July. I had no choice but to have my picture taken with my husband. Good Lord. I look like an egg!!! A big one. When the picture was made, my band date was already set.

The day before I got my band, I had hubby take my before picture. That is the one posted by my name.

Good luck on your surgery. Keep us posted.

Hi there bluebyrd, I hear you about the photo thing, I too have deliberately stayed away from camera's. I am also getting my lap band on Oct 11th and wanted to wish you luck as well.

I understand completely. I'm getting banded on the 3rd, and was going to start my pre-op on the 24th. It was chilly here today, and I went to put on a pair of jeans. Let's just say the pre-op diet is starting NOW!!

Oh my gosh BluesByrd that made me smile. Well think of it as a great "before" shot! I took lots of pics of myself with and without clothes (yeah scary) with my digital set on "timer". I looked at the stranger in the photos and said "when I did I turn into her?" and "is that the way I've been going around for years, looking like THAT?" As you said, let's get this party started! Oct 9 baby!

Blues- I totally know how you feel. I swear I have maybe been in less than a hand full of pictures in the last few years and the ones that were taken were sneak attacks. I always make sure I am the one taking the picture- which makes me sad. I don't want my son to grow up and wonder why his mom was never in any of the pictures. That is my goal next year to get pictures taken with my son. Just think- next year we will want to be in all of the pictures with our new healthy slim selves!

Well Blues and Laury, I am being banded on the 11th also. When I see pictures of myself, i wonder when the point came that I could no longer recognize myself in pictures, my face is so fat! I had a picture taken with my sons around 4 years ago and showed it to a coworker, she said it looked nothing like me, i was around 60 pounds lighter. I still see myself that way, but NOONE else does!

We will get there. I am starting my preop 2 week prior to surgery.

DH and I had pictures taken while we were on tour of Alcatraz while in San Francisco and I accused him of being with another woman... I don't even recognize myself anymore... My weight has just gotten totally out of control... I'm so glad that October 16th will be here soon.... I can hardly wait to start the journey and get myself back....

OMG I know what you mean. I saw a pic of myself at a wedding shower and I was twice the size of all the other gals my age. I just hate the way i look when I'm fat. Im nervous about the band but I think it is the right thing to do. I have been fat my whole life. its time to start a new one:)