Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK here is what is on my mind. I keep having this paranoia in the back of my head, what if I'm one of those 2% people, weirdos that this doesn't work for. What if I don't lose this weight and I will always stay fat even after all of this pain and sacrifice.

Things are going so super smooth. Almost so smooth, that it has me scared. And not just smooth, but very different than a lot of you guys experienced. Like I keep reading where people were saying they weren't hungry, or they're not hungry now, and they have to remember to eat. Well I get hungry. Sometimes really hungry. I also keep reading what people say they had to really build themselves up to their 2 to 4 ounces. That a week or two after the hospital they could hardly eat anything but a couple bites. I'm not having that issue. I'm getting my 2 to 4 ounces in just fine.

I haven't had any issues introducing the soft moist foods, and other than some pain around around my incisions I just am not experiencing some of the issues that seem very common.

So that has me in my mind wondering did it not work? I guess I'm just being a little paranoid about it. I just don't want to be fat anymore

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

You are blessed with a smooth road! I was similar in a lot of ways, no pain meds, no nausea, I went back to work like it was nothing after 8 days, no real issue with foods. Although I don't push it with food I know that I can eat more and if I need to power down on my liquids I can do 32 oz in 20 minutes if I focus on drinking. That being said, I'm 12 weeks out and I've lost 70 pounds. Don't worry, follow the plan and eat proper and you will be golden!

Thanks! I appreciate the words of encouragement. I have had issues with pain around the two main incisions, a little more pain than I expected. However other than that, no issues with getting my Water or food down.

So yea I guess I am scared I am doing it wrong, or will over eat and drew it up.

Mind tricks I need to shake off. :)

TracyAnderson I often find myself feeling the same way. My surgery date was 10/24. I was able to consume more liquids than most RIGHT out the gate. I progressed to food sooner than my doctors allowed because at times I was that hungry. I have learned that if you get your fluids in then you are not as hungry. I have been overweight most of my life and I look at all of these pics and testimonies and I have doubt that it will be me one day. My SW was 305. My CW is 285 and tomorrow is my one month surgiversary. I haven't started excercise yet. So maybe that will help. I have to change my thinking and stick to the plan. Hang in there. Thanks for sharing

Wondering how far out you are. I was the same way til week 5. Then nerves woke up. I can eat more "slider food" but healthy good Protein dense food is hard. I'm 7 weeks

Sent from my 5054N using the BariatricPal App

I'm 5 months out today. I have had no issues at all with food and my doctor had me on solids fairly quickly (3 weeks) post op.

I don't feel the restriction other people on here feel at 2-3 oz. I see people write about how few calories they consume and I'm like whaaaaat? I eat as much as 1300 calories a day, never less than 900 and regularly eat 4-6 oz of dense Proteins as my meals with no problem. No overwhelming feeling of fullness.

But I'm cool with that! My sleeve works great. I feel that I've been losing steadily and at a fast clip. I'm thrilled with my loss. And even more thrilled that I don't suffer from any discomfort and that I'm able to Portion Control without that factor. I honestly feel like that's how it's SUPPOSED to work. You shouldn't feel pain or discomfort everytime you eat for the rest of your life.

Thank you. It is comforting to know some others experienced it too :)

I'm 6 weeks out (surgery 5th oct) and have had a very similar experience so far. I'm consuming around 1000 calories no problem. I'm still losing so hopefully won't manage to sabotage this tool !

If you don't feel a restriction and think you can even eat more than you should it is imperative that you weigh everything that you eat. It is very easy to misjudge by eyesight alone and that will help make sure you stay on track and be successful! Best of luck! This thanksgiving be thankful everything went as smooth as it did !

I too had an easy journey and can get more food in than I expect. For that reason I am careful to not overeat. My only problem is depression but it is ongoing and I think my surgery may have kicked me into menopause so I do feel overwhelmed at times and just shut down. I do count my blessings and prayer helps.

I feel exactly the same way. I had surgery 11/9. I get very hungry. I was at the movies and felt just like I did before surgery - so hungry I felt sick. I brought Water but nothing else. Today I ate some well cooked green bean casserole ( no onion topper) mashed potatoes and a few bites of sweet potatoes. I ate a few bites of well chewed turkey n gravy. I felt like I ate so much!

I don't get how just a "few bites" is enough when I don't feel it.

It's not head hunger either. I physically feel hunger.

I am getting in my fluids and Protein ( not today though).

Since a week before surgery I am down 18lbs but from actual surgery date only 11lbs. That is nothing compared to the high losses I see.

I hear you and you are not alone!

TracyAnderson I often find myself feeling the same way. My surgery date was 10/24. I was able to consume more liquids than most RIGHT out the gate. I progressed to food sooner than my doctors allowed because at times I was that hungry. I have learned that if you get your fluids in then you are not as hungry. I have been overweight most of my life and I look at all of these pics and testimonies and I have doubt that it will be me one day. My SW was 305. My CW is 285 and tomorrow is my one month surgiversary. I haven't started excercise yet. So maybe that will help. I have to change my thinking and stick to the plan. Hang in there. Thanks for sharing

I'm 6 days out and yes I was being woken up at night due to the hunger pains. I've been getting my 48 Oz in too. Thanks for sharing. I don't feel.so alone.

Sent from my SM-G530T using the BariatricPal App